Jamie Newburg on Miami Coaching Situation

grogz26

Junior
Banned
"Obviously the University of Miami did not have a good season and disappointed with a 6-6 2014 campaign. There could very well be a change at the top with Al Golden. If that happens it's a two-man race for the job. Per my source it's Greg Schiano [as the front runner] and Mario Cristobal. Both coaches have strong ties to the program. Stayed tuned on this one."

Interesting

Advertisement
His "source"= him taking 2.3 seconds to think of any coaches out there with any Miami ties. Making The Feast look like an actual insider here.

Advertisement
Bring Mario and you can guarantee james coley staying at miami at years and Ridley and burgess would flip to miami.....

No F'ing way they go after Mario. Schiano would be 10 times better. I want Mike Gundy!!!!

Advertisement
Doesn't matter our incompetent BOT are too stupid to do what needs to be done.

Also, I wonder does Blake James realize how useless he is?

I would rather have somebody else but I want Golden gone so bad I would take Schiano. I remember him offering Sean Spence a scholarship as a freshman. Has good eye for talent, Kenny Britt, Ray Rice, M. Sanu, Tim Brown who also played for the West. Saw him with some good game plans while at Rutgers. I don't care just get Golden out of here.

Haha sounds like fans are going to be miserable despite who we hire

Wouldn't mind these two guys...would rather have Cristobal

I'd be "OK" with Schiano. Cristobal just isn't doing anything for me.

Oh, well.

Advertisement
If they are going to insist on going cheap then they need to BRING BACK BUTCH. I could live with Schiano, but Cristobal might end up being worse than Golden.

Advertisement
I don't get the Mario talk. Why? He has not had an impressive resume. Schiano has a decent resume, at least. I don't really want either, but saying Cristobal is the better choice is ******* retarded.

Bring back Butch! Goddammit

I'd almost rather keep Golden one more year then sign Cristobal for four years. I feel like he is more of the same. Then we'd be stuck for four years while Golden will be gone in one.

That said, I'd rather lose an eye than keep Golden for another year. Greg Schiano is far from my first choice but in this scenario he is the only one with hope.

Advertisement
Back