Jamie Newburg on Miami Coaching Situation

Bring in Schiano, if it's between those two. At least we will have a nasty Defense, solid special teams, and a REAL pro style Offense.

Advertisement
Coaching rich, entitled men in the NFL is much different than coaching in college, so I think Schiano can succeed . But coaching at the University of Miami is a lot different than coaching at Rutgers, so I think he would fail. Basically, I suck at predicting the future so I'll wait and see.

Me in 2008: "Rich Rod....what a great hire at Michigan"
Me in 2009: "Lane Kiffin is going to win a title at USC"
Me in 2010: "Al Golden will bring The U back"
Me in 2011: "Hugh Freeze? Ole Miss gon Ole Miss"
Me in 2012: "Tommy Tuberville is going to RUN **** in the Big East"

Bottom line: no one knows anything about anything

nah.... dont say "no one knows anything" because YOU dont know anything.

not insulting you but it was absurd to think rich rod would do anything at michigan based upon his scheme and michigans recruiting base.

Where the **** is he going to recruit a foundation for a 3-3-5 defense and a read option offense in the north east? Check your recruiting and find out what type of players flourish in certain geographic areas and there is no way in **** you thought rich rod could succeed there.

Lane kiffin? really? based upon what coaching acumen? im not even going to address that. its lame sniffen for christ sake.. spoiled, entitled, douche bag... fame griffin.

Hugh freeze, ill give you that. thats a toss up.

Tuberville isnt really doing bad. and the big east?

Can we start a Mike Gundy to Miami rumor now??? I think he's the answer to our needs. What happened last time we took a head coach from Ok State?

Hopefully someone can get in his ear to inquire. I just tweeted at him.

Advertisement
Why do people have a problem with Greg schaino? Personally I wouldn't mind the spread coming to miami...a good young in Innovative offensive mind who is smart enough to bring in a dog *** dc.

Schiano is a good coach, id be fine with that . Huge upgrade

Last edited:
I'd give either the same treatment auburn fans gave Chizik when he first got off the plane to be announced as HC.

Cristobal isn't actually that bad if you look at his record...His last year FIU was transitioning from the Sun-Belt to C-USA (ala TCU?) and had a down year. Other than that he made two bowls and won one at FIU. Not too bad...Also he's been with Saban. Better than Golden IMO, but not as good as Tressel, Butch, Schiano, Chud, and Pellini.

Advertisement
Can we start a Mike Gundy to Miami rumor now??? I think he's the answer to our needs. What happened last time we took a head coach from Ok State?

Gundy and Oklahoma State are currently at odds. Lots of people think someone could steal him away right now.

You're equating going from the Mountain West to the Big 12 with going from the Sun-Belt to Conference USA????

What powerhouses are in Conference USA????

Cristobal isn't actually that bad if you look at his record...His last year FIU was transitioning from the Sun-Belt to C-USA (ala TCU?) and had a down year. Other than that he made two bowls and won one at FIU. Not too bad...Also he's been with Saban. Better than Golden IMO, but not as good as Tressel, Butch, Schiano, Chud, and Pellini.

Prefer Schiano among that list. He'd restore an arrogance and physical approach. Offense and defense.

The NFL is quarterback dependent and Schiano was stuck. He was using a lanky lower drafted rookie last season. No chance. But even as he lost tailbacks to injury he was still finding success with late round picks and free agents. Translate that to college and we might impose ourselves for a change, and not run a disjointed shotgun mixture with no sense of identity. Schiano didn't run the ball as often as I prefer at Rutgers but it was generally in the 35-37 range.

Beggars can't be choosers was among my father's favorite sayings. At this point we can't pretend that everyone is desperate to sign with us. Logically our best chance is someone who was once highly rated but now is still young enough and looking for an opening.

N

Gundy and Oklahoma State are currently at odds. Lots of people think someone could steal him away right now.

That program should be us. This has been his toughest season so we could prob get him for less then what he would normally call for. He's a very good coach and would be an awesome fit at Miami. Would be a huge upgrade to Kaaya's development as well.

Advertisement
I wouldn't have a problem with Schiano, we could do a lot worse. He'd have us playing Miami style D from Day 1. As long as he bring in a solid OC and lets them do there thing, it could be a really good combo.

Coaching rich, entitled men in the NFL is much different than coaching in college, so I think Schiano can succeed . But coaching at the University of Miami is a lot different than coaching at Rutgers, so I think he would fail. Basically, I suck at predicting the future so I'll wait and see.

Me in 2008: "Rich Rod....what a great hire at Michigan"
Me in 2009: "Lane Kiffin is going to win a title at USC"
Me in 2010: "Al Golden will bring The U back"
Me in 2011: "Hugh Freeze? Ole Miss gon Ole Miss"
Me in 2012: "Tommy Tuberville is going to RUN **** in the Big East"

Bottom line: no one knows anything about anything

nah.... dont say "no one knows anything" because YOU dont know anything.

not insulting you but it was absurd to think rich rod would do anything at michigan based upon his scheme and michigans recruiting base.

Where the **** is he going to recruit a foundation for a 3-3-5 defense and a read option offense in the north east? Check your recruiting and find out what type of players flourish in certain geographic areas and there is no way in **** you thought rich rod could succeed there.

Lane kiffin? really? based upon what coaching acumen? im not even going to address that. its lame sniffen for christ sake.. spoiled, entitled, douche bag... fame griffin.

Hugh freeze, ill give you that. thats a toss up.

Tuberville isnt really doing bad. and the big east?

Lighten up, Francis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back