Jamie Newburg on Miami Coaching Situation

Groundhog day. They get me excited about firing Coker only to hire Shannon. They get me excited about firing Shannon only to hire Golden. If they hire Cristobal I am done. It would prove once and for all that they are not serious about winning championships.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't get the Mario talk. Why? He has not had an impressive resume. Schiano has a decent resume, at least. I don't really want either, but saying Cristobal is the better choice is ****ing retarded.

Bring back Butch! Goddammit

He knows UMiami being a player and a asst. coach and is an ace recruiter in the area....think thats what the higher ups are seeing

"Obviously the University of Miami did not have a good season and disappointed with a 6-6 2014 campaign. There could very well be a change at the top with Al Golden. If that happens it's a two-man race for the job. Per my source it's Greg Schiano [as the front runner] and Mario Cristobal. Both coaches have strong ties to the program. Stayed tuned on this one."

Interesting

Jamie Newberg should have connections, but I take everything he says with a grain of salt. He takes wild speculative internet rumor as fact sometimes. Dude tried to argue me down about Dameyune Craig's salary at Auburn. I told him that he was wrong, and that AU was a public school that had to release salary numbers. He still stuck by what he said. I reached out to another sportswriter on scout letting him know that Newberg was making himself look foolish by putting out inaccurate info, and then magically Newberg comes back into the thread and instead of saying that he was wrong, makes some comment saying no matter what Craig makes it's still a whole lot of money for an assistant coach. Dude basically took the FSU rumor that Craig was making a mil per season (he was making 350k), reported it as fact, and then wouldn't even admit that he was wrong. smh

I don't get the Mario talk. Why? He has not had an impressive resume. Schiano has a decent resume, at least. I don't really want either, but saying Cristobal is the better choice is ****ing retarded.

He knows UMiami being a player and a asst. coach and is an ace recruiter in the area....think thats what the higher ups are seeing

what i'm seeing is that he left FIU in a not much better situation than when he took over

If not Butch its Schiano IMO. Give me the guy who has coached in the NFL. Has coached here and knows how to coach defense. Might be a douche but when I look at Coker, Randy and El Foldo.....that might be what's needed at this time

Advertisement

We don't need a recruiter, we need an elite tactician with an aggressive philosophy. Nothing about Cristobal says he is either of those things.

If not Butch its Schiano IMO. Give me the guy who has coached in the NFL. Has coached here and knows how to coach defense. Might be a douche but when I look at Coker, Randy and El Foldo.....that might be what's needed at this time

Oh yeah, I'll take a douche bag as long as it's OUR douchebag and he gets the job done. One thing is for shizzle - we would finally have a consistently tough team.

We don't need a recruiter, we need an elite tactician with an aggressive philosophy. Nothing about Cristobal says he is either of those things.

what does an elite tactician with an aggressive philosophy really mean?

Advertisement
I Don't share everybody hate for Schiano that guy is very aggressive and can recruit South Florida.

Able to out scheme the opponent and takes risk on D and O. Play to win, not play... To Not to lose. Take it to the opponent...win or lose

And yeah, even though Schiano wasn't at the top of the list for me, he DOES have a legit resume. Seriously think about it - Mario does NOT have nearly the record that should be required to coach the Canes. ****, if we're doing that, let's hire Steve Walsh or Dorsey! I actually think those guys have the capacity to eventually be good coaches.

Here's what I would love - Schiano - HC, Coley - OC, Dorsey - QB, Kevin Patrick - DL, and the rest of it can sort itself out as long as they spend enough money.

Advertisement
What a upgrade... We take Temple's old coach....He sucks, get rid of him and bring Rutgers old coach...SMFH!

Fans will be miserable no matter who we hire, as Grogz says.

Simple fact, there is not one single coach that would make everyone happy, that we would also be able to afford and that also would be willing to choose us over other options. There is not one coach out there that meets those criteria. We are doomed to be a whiney bunch of fans one way or another unless the BOT spends $$$$ period.

attacking 4-3 defense. shoves the ball down the other team's throat on offense. makes in game adjustments. how hard is that to understand?

Advertisement
Back