Jamie Newburg on Miami Coaching Situation

I don't get the Mario talk. Why? He has not had an impressive resume. Schiano has a decent resume, at least. I don't really want either, but saying Cristobal is the better choice is ****ing retarded.

Bring back Butch! Goddammit

He knows UMiami being a player and a asst. coach and is an ace recruiter in the area....think thats what the higher ups are seeing

We don't need a recruiter, we need an elite tactician with an aggressive philosophy. Nothing about Cristobal says he is either of those things.

what does an elite tactician with an aggressive philosophy really mean?

attacking 4-3 defense. shoves the ball down the other team's throat on offense. makes in game adjustments. how hard is that to understand?

those are all subjective

Advertisement
Best part about Schiano, we would have no question we are seeing Miami defense from day one. Attack and speed. Dude I work for is a douche. I care not one iota....we do not share beer after work despite his best efforts to form some type of relationship outside of work. None of that means anything to me. Its work, I work u pay me. U go to college to play ball get ur degree, get to the league. Give me the best chance to get there and u can scream all day if u want.....I know u won't win a fist fight, so I'll let u win the shouting match. Simple. People are too soft shouldered

I don't get the Mario talk. Why? He has not had an impressive resume. Schiano has a decent resume, at least. I don't really want either, but saying Cristobal is the better choice is ****ing retarded.

He knows UMiami being a player and a asst. coach and is an ace recruiter in the area....think thats what the higher ups are seeing

We don't need a recruiter, we need an elite tactician with an aggressive philosophy. Nothing about Cristobal says he is either of those things.

Able to out scheme the opponent and takes risk on D and O. Play to win, not play... To Not to lose. Take it to the opponent...win or lose

Well put. I would also add that a guy that can actually guarantee that one side of the ball is covered scheme wise gives you much more flexibility when you put together a staff. Your recruiters should be your position coaches which is possible if your X&Os strength is covered at the top; if a HC wins ball games and puts guys in the league that's all the recruiting pitch you'll ever need.

What a upgrade... We take Temple's old coach....He sucks, get rid of him and bring Rutgers old coach...SMFH!
He was also Tampa Bay old coach. By your logic Pete Carroll should have never gotten and job after flopping at the Jets.....he had no accomplishments before USC. Schiano has coached big boy football. He blows El Foldo out the water.

Able to out scheme the opponent and takes risk on D and O. Play to win, not play... To Not to lose. Take it to the opponent...win or lose

that makes more sense

Advertisement
Fans will be miserable no matter who we hire, as Grogz says. Simple fact, there is not one single coach that would make everyone happy, that we would also be able to afford and that also would be willing to choose us over other options. There is not one coach out there that meets those criteria. We are doomed to be a whiney bunch of fans one way or another unless the BOT spends $$$$ period.

Only one meets the criteria:

B U T C H

Best part about Schiano, we would have no question we are seeing Miami defense from day one. Attack and speed. Dude I work for is a douche. I care not one iota....we do not share beer after work despite his best efforts to form some type of relationship outside of work. None of that means anything to me. Its work, I work u pay me. U go to college to play ball get ur degree, get to the league. Give me the best chance to get there and u can scream all day if u want.....I know u won't win a fist fight, so I'll let u win the shouting match. Simple. People are too soft shouldered

Honest question........What is the problem with Schiano? I wanted him when we hired Randy. He's got connections to hire good assistants. What's the real problem?

Schiano is/was an ace recruiter? I don't remember hearing that when he was at Rutgers and from what was reported the Tampa Bay players **** near had a mutiny on him. I'm curious as to why people that the south florida kids/parents would love schiano (besides the obvious scheme change on defense)

Advertisement
I hate Schiano, but I could see him succeeding here. He had a few good seasons at Rutgers (one truly impressive one) and coached in the NFL (barely).

I like Cristobal (when I'm not busy hating him for leaving us), but who knows what we'd get with him? His resume is less than impressive but who expected much from FIU, even if they'd had Jesus at the helm? Kids like Cristobal a lot, and he's been taking notes from Saban for a couple years.

Could convince myself to get excited about the Heat's Banana Man being couch over Golden at this point.

Last edited:
Newburg is pretty crediable. Usually doesn't throw things out there, but notice he said "IF"

Advertisement
At the very least the D would improve overnight with Schiano. We would go back to a 4-3 and use south Florida talent correctly.

Both are upgrades over Golden do not get confused.

Schiano actually won a bowl game. Schiano developed players.

Right there he is better than Golden.

He also seems to have changed since his Tampa days.

Again. Better than golden. But **** I would take Randy back at this point

I would not watch a Schiano coached Canes team, just like I did not watch the Schiano coached Bucs after about 10 games.

Advertisement
If those are choices. Schiano by a mile.
Does anyone think an nfl franchise would ever hire Mario?

The hate on Cristobal is funny we all think Golden sucks and this Guy works for him for a month and probably confirmed he is an idiot and leaves to Alabama

It is called a career and he made the right move which tells me he is a good decision maker.

If he got the job the first thing he would have to do is ditch the tie on game day lol

Rich Rod! His base salary is only $1.5 million we can afford that, only problem with him is that I don't know if he would want to leave zona.

Advertisement
Back