Jamie Newburg on Miami Coaching Situation

Advertisement
If Schiano was good enough for Butch Davis then im board!

Didn't davis work as consultant for Schiano w bucs? Wannstedt was ST coach too

What if Schiano says give him all hiring authority and Butch in as DC?

Advertisement
Coaching rich, entitled men in the NFL is much different than coaching in college, so I think Schiano can succeed . But coaching at the University of Miami is a lot different than coaching at Rutgers, so I think he would fail. Basically, I suck at predicting the future so I'll wait and see.

Rich Rod! His base salary is only $1.5 million we can afford that, only problem with him is that I don't know if he would want to leave zona.

We can't afford him unfortunately. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orthodox-new-contract-could-open-pandoras-box

I have seen that article before. He has to stay 8 years to cash in on those stocks. That's why I said I don't know if he would want to leave zona cause he could stay there in cash in those stocks. Hopefully UF doesn't make a push

Cristabol couldn't cut it at FIU without TJ Hilton ... no thanks ... pass ....

If Schiano was good enough for Butch Davis then im board!

Didn't davis work as consultant for Schiano w bucs? Wannstedt was ST coach too

What if Schiano says give him all hiring authority and Butch in as DC?

Would be incredible.

Schiano as head coach
Butch as DC (head coach in waiting)
Coley as OC (we could see how good he is without being cuffed by Golden)

Recruiting would be a lock.

Advertisement
Dont want either. But at least schiano can get a defense together.

And with an aggressive D paired with Kayaa over the next couple of seasons, we could go from irrelevant to titans of the game again.

Coaching rich, entitled men in the NFL is much different than coaching in college, so I think Schiano can succeed . But coaching at the University of Miami is a lot different than coaching at Rutgers, so I think he would fail. Basically, I suck at predicting the future so I'll wait and see.

Me in 2008: "Rich Rod....what a great hire at Michigan"
Me in 2009: "Lane Kiffin is going to win a title at USC"
Me in 2010: "Al Golden will bring The U back"
Me in 2011: "Hugh Freeze? Ole Miss gon Ole Miss"
Me in 2012: "Tommy Tuberville is going to RUN **** in the Big East"

Bottom line: no one knows anything about anything

It's getting to the point where tons of people on this site think Butch is the only good choice for the job when that is simply not true.

Advertisement
Dont want either. But at least schiano can get a defense together.

And with an aggressive D paired with Kayaa over the next couple of seasons, we could go from irrelevant to titans of the game again.

This. I really think that, at our core, the most fundamental gripe we have with Al is the WAY that we play. We were known for having attitude and a near-psychopathic desire to destroy our opponent. Now we're a B1G school philosophy-wise, but made up of guys ill-fitted for that style. I think we are most heart-broken about watching such a passive team week after week. It's not our DNA. Hit, Stick, and Bust D!ck...we need to get back to our roots.

Are there people here *****ing about hiring Temple's coach (who won there) and then want to hire the guy fired from FIU. He was fired from the sun belt...SUN BELT...FIRED.... seriously. Then we did him a favor and then he ****ed us and left anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back