James Coley Continues to impress and improve.

Advertisement
Whoever the Offensive Coordinator is that calls the plays in the 1st quarter...

I like that guy.

Whoever the Offensive Coordinator is that calls the plays in the 1st quarter...

I like that guy.

There's no doubt those sets of plays are what's practised and scripted. After that, It's a grab bag of random shlt. I think this offense has scored 10 second half touchdowns in almost two years.

Advertisement
Duke got FOUR carries in the second half against a horrid run defense that he gashed in the first half. Why?

Because we didn't have the ball.

Indeed. Punts, Ints and tunnel screens kinda do that to an offense.

318 yards rushing from the other team does that to an offense.

And what does the defense have to do with being 127th out of 127 in 3rd down conversion rate? Or any number of sub 70th categories this offense is putting out???

Well there lies the problem.

The core concepts of your offense should be good. If your core concepts are good and you're not just relying on scripts then your offense should be efficient all game.

Our first quarter offense looks like some **** that would average 40+ points per game. After that, we go back to our usual lame *** garbage.

I think we scored to fast we needed to run the ball a lot more and take the pressure off our defense the play calling wasn't bad it just needed to be different for that specific opponent more clock management no defense can sustain an offense that has the ball for more than 40 minutes...it was disappointing seeing the defense get worn out like that

Advertisement

The core concepts of your offense should be good. If your core concepts are good and you're not just relying on scripts then your offense should be efficient all game.

Our first quarter offense looks like some **** that would average 40+ points per game. After that, we go back to our usual lame *** garbage.

he needs more experience as a play caller. the biggest problem though isn't him, its the ppl that call themselves defensive geniuses

Duke got FOUR carries in the second half against a horrid run defense that he gashed in the first half. Why?

Didn't we only have like two possessions in the 2nd half?

I don't think Coley is a good OC, but he's clearly willing to learn.

He's a beast recruiter and for that reason I'd keep him on board.

he needs more experience as a play caller. the biggest problem though isn't him, its the ppl that call themselves defensive geniuses

It's not black and white. Just b/c the defensive coaching is the worst we've ever had doesn't mean Coley is acceptable. He's also bad, just not quite as maddeningly bad, although statistically our offense is worse than our defensive across the board.

Advertisement

three possessions and one was in garbage time. ppl need to watch the game more before u criticize the amount of carries someone had. the D was atrocious. the play calling dies down after the first quarter but he's a stud compared to the other bum at DC

Miami has had top 10 recruiting classes before Coley was here, and will have them when he's long gone. You don't retain an OC whose offense is worse than 70th in every major category bc "he can recruit". This isn't Tennessee, we don't need beast recruiters. We need great coaches and the recruits will follow.

It's not black and white. Just b/c the defensive coaching is the worst we've ever had doesn't mean Coley is acceptable. He's also bad, just not quite as maddeningly bad, although statistically our offense is worse than our defensive across the board.

lesser of the two evils lol. at least when the offense is out there, i know theyre capable of scoring. when the D is out there, i just count down the seconds and minutes until they kick it off to us

Advertisement

Stats are misleading cause we play at such a slow pace. Al Golden is trying to protect Doritos by slowing down the pace this year. We are 16th in total D but we horrible against the run (72nd). We gonna go 6-6 this year and AL gonna sell how can we fire Doritos we had a top 40 defense. Al Golden is a used car salesman POS.

Because we didn't have the ball.

Indeed. Punts, Ints and tunnel screens kinda do that to an offense.

318 yards rushing from the other team does that to an offense.

And what does the defense have to do with being 127th out of 127 in 3rd down conversion rate? Or any number of sub 70th categories this offense is putting out???

sebastian91 asked why Duke only got four carries in the second half. I gave him the obvious and correct answer.

The third down issues are troubling because they go back to last season. The other stats can be deceptive at this point of the season (for example, we are 14th in total defense). Last year, we finished 16th in yards per play on offense and 82nd on defense. I expect the offense to keep going up and the defense to keep sinking.

The offense and the play calling for it really looked desperate in the 2nd half. They looked like they were pressing. Who knows. Maybe I was just sitting there pressing because I was watching the defense get the ball shoved down their throats for consecutive long, controlling drives.

I'm in disbelief over what I saw last night.

Real talk.

Advertisement
Back