James Coley Continues to impress and improve.

Supercane85

Band
Banned
James Coley continues to improve each week. Is James Coley the only one who watches film? It seems like he always makes the right adjustments. We have been saying don't run the screen with Stacy. Now we run it with Herb who does a good Job at it.

We wanted Duke to be more involved in the passing game. Next thing you know we are throwing to Duke

We should open up the middle and hit the tight end more. Boom.. it is in the playbook now. So how does the Offensive staff and James Coley improve each week but Golden and D'Onfrio's defense does not?

I am so sick of Golden throwing the offense under the bus. Golden-"Offense needs to do a better job of using clock and converting to give the defense more rest"..."the offense had two turnovers that impacted the defense" I feel bad for James Coley and the offense. Poor offensive staff and kids can't make one mistake or the defense will give up a 6 min long 13 play drive for a score.

They literally have to play a mistake free game. Our offense again runs up and down the field just for the defense to allow the other team to grind the clock to where we have about 3 offensive possession a half.

Advertisement
I am convinced that the D side does not watch film. Seriously. I believe Golden and NoD think so highly of themselves that they could not possibly have anything to learn from any other teams approach or performance.

Goldens constant emphasis of being in a bunker and shutting the world out is taken to the extreme - including not watching film on the D side.

There is no other explanation as to the rank incompetence we are witnessing.

Last edited:
we dont know what coley is capable of because golden admits he micro manages him.

Nothing like a wide receiver screen on a crucial 3rd down late in the game. No coach should be safe on this staff.

******z don't know dade football mane.. get these sorry mutha fluckaz out of my sight... give me that east carolina coach..

Advertisement
Nothing like a wide receiver screen on a crucial 3rd down late in the game. No coach should be safe on this staff.

Georgia Tech has blitzed on every play on third down on the goal line this season. They showed the blitz and that is why the jail break screen was called. If G tech had blitzed Herb walks in.

That is just football. Sometimes it is a chest match and G Tech picked the right call. If you are a coach you live with that. Get the 3 points and comeback the next series. The problem is there will not be a next series because the defense gives up a 13 play 6 min drive.

Hard to evaluate him for this game. We didn't have the ball much and it's a lot of pressure on an offense when you know you have to be perfect to cover for what we saw from the defense.

Coley has progressed as a play caller. Last year, he ran a HS offense. At the beginning of the year, we saw the same thing. Now, we're seeing a lot more playa where he is attacking and taking advantage of his players abilities. Even with his 'bad' calls, I understand what he's trying to do. With D'Onofrio sometimes there's no rhyme or reason.

I wonder how he truly feels about getting thrown under the bus everytime the D under performs?

Advertisement
Coley has his own Golden habits. He is convinced his WR screens and reverses are just the finest thing in the world -- no matter how many times they don't work. Two years I remember three big play out of them(can't think on any this year) against losing Dorsett last year and digging countless holes this year. He is ok when he lets Kaaya be Kaaya and uses Duke, but his affection for HIS plays remind me too much of Al and HIS defense. I will give him great props for finding and keeping Kaaya.

Advertisement
At least the guy has a pulse. Some of the calls are mind boggling, and the fact that Stacy Coley hasn't caught like 3 balls past the LOS halfway through the season is batshyt crazy. But compared to the other coordinator on the team.....

James Coley is a better coach than Dorito perhaps, but he ******* sucks too.

Yeah. On one hand I find myself saying a lot "I like that play call" and I realize how low I've set the bar. I mean ****, what OC can't come in here with this offense and call a play action pass to our extremely reliable TE?

I give him some bonus credit because he's all in with our QB but that's admittedly kinda dumb too. He's doing an ok job for a recruiter trying to be a coach, but still not where an OC with this firepower should be.

And who is the ******* that put Jones on the field when he fumbled?

Advertisement
James Coley is a better coach than Dorito perhaps, but he ******* sucks too.

Yeah. On one hand I find myself saying a lot "I like that play call" and I realize how low I've set the bar. I mean ****, what OC can't come in here with this offense and call a play action pass to our extremely reliable TE?

I give him some bonus credit because he's all in with our QB but that's admittedly kinda dumb too. He's doing an ok job for a recruiter trying to be a coach, but still not where an OC with this firepower should be.

And who is the ******* that put Jones on the field when he fumbled?
Right. Also, at least Coley has shown the ability to adjust much more than Dorito/Golden. However, there still is a grab bag feel to the play calling for a lot of the game and still too many head-scratching calls.

He gets 1,246 bonus points from me for identifying and signing Kaaya.

I'd be confident in the future of our offense with Coley if he can keep landing QBs like that. Allison looks like a monster, too.

He gets 1,246 bonus points from me for identifying and signing Kaaya.

I'd be confident in the future of our offense with Coley if he can keep landing QBs like that. Allison looks like a monster, too.

Also, thee would be no Yearby at UM without Coley.

I am pretty sure he was a diving force in convincing Golden to offer Berrios.

Coley may not be a top tier X and O oc but he can recruit and evolve his play calling.

We can win a national title with the right HC and coley as the OC.

Advertisement
Back