Jalen hurts in the portal

Again, sounds a lot like you wanted your curiosity about Williams satisfied more than anything else and really your curiosity doesn't mean a **** thing. Diaz has spoken multiple times about the position. It sure sounds like he wasn't impressed by any of them. No mention of lack of opportunities being a factor either in his displeasure.

It isn't the first time a freshman QB didn't get any snaps in a lost season. The new redshirt rule won't change that for a lot of QBs. They will continue to sit behind older players even if those older players are a disaster. Specifically if the coaches determine the younger players are worse than the QBs in front of them. Allegedly the team was split because some players got to play when they didn't "deserve" it. You know what is most divisive? Playing QBs who don't deserve it. I have heard nothing from anybody to suggest Williams earned his way on to that field. Not even from detractors of the staff. Even in a lost season, I believe your opportunities should be merit-based. If he got fat and lazy when he realized he was out of it then he got what he deserved. He got to be an observer.
Has nothing to do with my curiosity, which is a really weird direction to take the conversation. Especially since you don’t know me and have little to no basis to infer my feelings. I’m fortunate to be invited to watch some full practices and get to hear from people who watch every practice play, so my curiosity is fairly satisfied. That’s separate from believing it’d be helpful to the program watching his actions in live games.

Let’s make this simpler via three parts (hopefully, we can remain on topic):

I. Did you get to watch Williams in spring practices or just the Spring game? If yes, did you think he was far below the other two players?

II. do you believe it’s helpful to see players, particularly QBs, in live games against players who aren’t part of the program? Why or why not?

III. Let’s say you answer affirmatively to previous question, do you think our program and the QB situation would have been significantly affected to the downside by playing Williams?

Appreciate any response.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not many schools make as much sense as Miami for Hurts... multiply that statement 5X if we hire Applewhite

Manny and hurts just followed each other on Twitter.

So we’re interested.
Read somewhere we actually lead because a “supposed assistant” is joining our staff.

I would assume it’s Applewhite but who knows for sure.

Advertisement
Hurts would be a huge pickup. He improved his passing game and is a great runner. He would fit the Applewhite offense really well. He also brings the maturity we need in the locker room. This team needs Senior leaders on offense!!

Advertisement
This is a take.

After the losing streak, the 104th ranked offense, the blowout to a slow Wisconsin team in a **** baseball stadium, and the worst recruiting class in recent memory, we need all the help we can get.

Cade is rumored to be a football version of Kenny Powers.
N’Kosi is an unhinged jackass.
Jarren threatens to transfer once a day.

Our defense is gonna take a small step back, but it’s still going to be solid. If we can pair Hurts with someone like Applewhite, they can cook up an offense capable of bringing us 10 wins and the Coastal. This program is desperate for a good season and some positive momentum.

You take this kid every time.

Advertisement
Ivins said he followed one coach on Twitter today. Manny.

Doesn’t mean anything, but interesting. However, I’d guess he already followed other coaches. But the only new one today was Manny.

Advertisement
Back