Jake Garcia HL reel from Georgia

Advertisement
Even before this board's "I'm for Tate" debacle....I don't trust the QB evaluations provided by the vast majority of this board.

It's fun to hear the meaningless unknowing conjecture....but usually I just thank GAWD that this board has no real impact on who plays

I'm more than willing to wait until after this Spring to see who will be #2 behind King or play as his substitute until he can return....decided by coaches who actually know what they are talking about

Last edited:
Huge if he can get in early. No guarantee that King is ready to go at the start of the year. TVD/Garcia could start the first few games of the season.

Advertisement
Kyle Wright
Robert Marve
Kevin Olsen
Jack Allison
Tate Martell

Not getting my hopes up.
I mean if you only find 5 busts over a 15 year period, that's not a bad QB bust rate.

Most quarterbacks don't succeed. At least not to the level of hype they get. It's why you don't just recruit one guy and hope he pans out.

Only the nimrods pounded the table for Tate. The ones showing us his 1:30 highlight tape against the likes of Rice and Rutgers.
I'm curious to see what he could have done in a system like the one we have now. He was never a great passer but he's a decent athlete who probably could have done something in an offense more tailored to his abilities. Transferring here to play in Enos' system was about as bad of a decision as he could have made. I think he was just more interested in going to school in Miami than actually being a great football player.

Advertisement
I'm curious to see what he could have done in a system like the one we have now. He was never a great passer but he's a decent athlete who probably could have done something in an offense more tailored to his abilities. Transferring here to play in Enos' system was about as bad of a decision as he could have made. I think he was just more interested in going to school in Miami than actually being a great football player.
His athleticism just didn't pop like I expected when I saw him, on top of being super inaccurate. Maybe an offense like this one at a lower level, otherwise I don't see much of a difference for him.

Y’all falling for the hype reel again. Show us the vids him making those throw with pressure and stacked box
Not really. I've watched all his Georgia games and he's just very accurate. A lot of his incompletions were due to receivers running bad routes.

I like him the more I watch. Don't see a lightening quick release but it's smooth and fine. Plenty of arm. Accuracy is hard to tell from highlights - the ones you don't see count, too. But overall, he looks as good as any qb prospect we've signed in ages. And aggressive, confident ... will be interesting to see what happens here. Fine to see him learn behind King for a year.
I watched a couple full games this season. He rarely is off target. I wouldn’t go there if I hadn’t seen a large sample size.

It looks like we have a couple of really good looking QB's because I think TVD could be elite.

Advertisement
It looks like we have a couple of really good looking QB's because I think TVD could be elite.
Lashlee has to change the offense considerably to cater to both these guys strengths, but he’s capable. My concern is how effectively can we do that with King still here? The offense will have to learn a lot more plays and formations this offseason in case King isn’t ready.

His athleticism just didn't pop like I expected when I saw him, on top of being super inaccurate. Maybe an offense like this one at a lower level, otherwise I don't see much of a difference for him.
In fairness, we saw him take like 5 snaps at quarterback and three at receiver. Regardless, it’s obvious his heart and head aren’t into playing football so I’ve written him off completely.

He's accurate aand ****y, reminds me of Manuel and Mayfield..
But I think TVD has more natural and physical abilities.

Advertisement
Lashlee has to change the offense considerably to cater to both these guys strengths, but he’s capable. My concern is how effectively can we do that with King still here? The offense will have to learn a lot more plays and formations this offseason in case King isn’t ready.
It’s all the same offense, just different play calls. For as great as King is as an athlete and leader, his passing limitations handcuff Lashlee as a play caller. Look how the passing game opened up with Nkosi during the bowl game. The offense is tailored to the quarterback. Perry is a decent athlete but his strength is throwing the ball downfield. Not as many designed QB run plays and more vertical routes. Seeing that Lashlee specifically targeted Jake Garcia shows me he’s not just trying to be Gus Malzahn.

If they get a full spring to work with I think playbook will expand. Players did not have the spring to learn a totally new offense this past season

Advertisement
Back