Jake Garcia HL reel from Georgia

Advertisement
Not remotely worried about his traits anymore after seeing Mac Jones and Kyle Trask this year. Dorsey is also a fair comparison - man he would've been a monster in a modern college spread.

His feet look slightly quicker but what stands out in that tape is the quick processing and delivery. Put him in a tempo offense with strong surrounding talent and he can be lethally effective. Just don't make him have to escape pressure and throw into tight windows where the lack of strong physical traits can be an issue.

I'm confident that Miami will have competent QB play in 2022 assuming the offensive context is strong.

Advertisement
Not remotely worried about his traits anymore after seeing Mac Jones and Kyle Trask this year. Dorsey is also a fair comparison - man he would've been a monster in a modern college spread.

His feet look slightly quicker but what stands out in that tape is the quick processing and delivery. Put him in a tempo offense with strong surrounding talent and he can be lethally effective. Just don't make him have to escape pressure and throw into tight windows where the lack of strong physical traits can be an issue.

I'm confident that Miami will have competent QB play in 2022 assuming the offensive context is strong.
His physicality surprised me as a senior. He looked pretty big and sturdy against high-level Georgia competition and he had more arm strength than I expected.

Don't mistake ****iness for confidence. This kid has an elite arm. The release is lightening fast, effortless, has perfect touch, and is deadly accurate. He has the confidence to throw it into tight windows with anticipation. You can't teach this stuff. It's RARE God given talent. I've got zero issues with this kid starting game 1.

Advertisement

Dorsey never had this type of arm talent. I love Ken as much as anybody but he had multiple 1st round picks at every skill position and one helluva oline. Dorsey would've gotten killed on these recent Miami teams. The homers might disagree but all you have to do is look where he was drafted for proof. That being despite all his accolades.
You're right that we will have to play to Garcia's strength's and not depend on RPO/zone read type plays like you do with a King. It should be a little more air raid mixed in with pro shotgun both at fast tempo.

Don't mistake ****iness for confidence. This kid has an elite arm. The release is lightening fast, effortless, has perfect touch, and is deadly accurate. He has the confidence to throw it into tight windows with anticipation. You can't teach this stuff. It's RARE God given talent. I've got zero issues with this kid starting game 1.
I like him the more I watch. Don't see a lightening quick release but it's smooth and fine. Plenty of arm. Accuracy is hard to tell from highlights - the ones you don't see count, too. But overall, he looks as good as any qb prospect we've signed in ages. And aggressive, confident ... will be interesting to see what happens here. Fine to see him learn behind King for a year.

Advertisement
Yes sir. We got the #1 overall QB coming out of HS this year.

Manny/Lashlee better not mess with him. If he is the best QB on the team they better play him. Even against Bama.

You would see a lot of top ranked guys fold if they had to replicate all the stuff he went through his senior year with the increase in competition going from Cali to 2 of the top competition classes in the country in Valdosta and then transferring to Grayson mid season. That’s impressive imo and he has a lot of arm strength(which is much more than I thought he had too)

Advertisement
I like our QB room with Garcia and TVD fighting to be the guy this year or next.

I have no idea who will be our starter in 2022, I don’t know who’s better, but I do know Garcia faced legitimate competition in Georgia.

I don’t know what kind of competition TVD faced - not saying he can’t still be good and beat out Garcia, he very well could, but that has to be taken into consideration.

Advertisement
Back