Jake Garcia HL reel from Georgia

TVD's highlight reel was equally as impressive, more so with regard to arm strength. TVD appears to have a notably stronger arm based solely on reviewing their hype videos.

What impressed me the most about Garcia is the fact that he showed up at Grayson High sometime around week 3 of the season, learned the offense quickly, took over the starting role and played exceptionally well.

My hope going forward is that neither TVD or Garcia run for the portal as soon as the other one is named starter in 2022. Hopefully they both stick it out.

I agree. They are both intriguing talents. It could make for a lively competition.

Advertisement
The only thing I saw that he could do better was ball placement down the field. There were some throws that would be picked at the next level. Well, unless he's throwing against our CBs from the last couple years. That being said, that's an easy fix. He has the tools, without a doubt. Enough mobility to elude pressure. Good enough arm to get the ball where it needs to be. Courage to stand in the pocket and deliver. He seems cool under pressure, and that's going to be a big deal at the next level. He comes across as a winner, and ready to lead. is actually one of his best attributes. film that shows h
He's actually very accurate on the deep ball.

performance during covid, leaving home to go across country, and transferring two school means something and still doing it at a high level (in hs) means something in my book, i think he's the heir apparent

Advertisement
He's actually very accurate on the deep ball.
I'm not saying he's inaccurate, don't get me wrong. I'm saying on some of those throws the placement wasn't as good as it could have been. That is all. His WR still caught them, so obviously they weren't awful passes. However, some of those would be picked or knocked down at this level where the CBs aren't completely lost.

Again, he has the tools, and I expect him to do good things here. He has everything one needs to be successful at the next level. He does need to clean up VERY minor things, and I think that's a great thing that it is only minor things.

We have all seen QBs coming out of high school that were nowhere near ready. Garcia is not one of them. He's darn good. When all I can find wrong in his game is ball placement on some completed passes, it makes me very, very happy.

Advertisement
I'm not saying he's inaccurate, don't get me wrong. I'm saying on some of those throws the placement wasn't as good as it could have been. That is all. His WR still caught them, so obviously they weren't awful passes. However, some of those would be picked or knocked down at this level where the CBs aren't completely lost.

Again, he has the tools, and I expect him to do good things here. He has everything one needs to be successful at the next level. He does need to clean up VERY minor things, and I think that's a great thing that it is only minor things.

We have all seen QBs coming out of high school that were nowhere near ready. Garcia is not one of them. He's darn good. When all I can find wrong in his game is ball placement on some completed passes, it makes me very, very happy.
Got it. Do keep in mind he had very little time to get on the same page with constantly changing receiver set. But, that's actually a good thing because it probably means his completion % would have even been higher.

Is he going to EE? I know it was the plan, but the dad said it was 50/50 a few weeks ago based on transcripts.

Advertisement
Have no clue whether TVD or Garcia will be better but if Garcia does not get his transcripts from high school cleared in time to enroll early TVD will have a huge advantage over him. This simply because TVD would be getting most of the spring reps.

Advertisement
Saw a lot of deep throws. How is his short/intermediate game? Touch?
Honestly hard to tell from highlights, but the ones I saw looked fine. I am no QB guru, but I did like what I saw. I saw a variety of passes that I could see him throwing here. His vision seems to be above average, and I saw him take a lot of what the D was giving. That'll go over really well in a Lashlee O.

Loved the kids attitude. Brash, smiling, in your face, confident, and working the team and bench with his style. I like it.
Kid has a Cane attitude.
He wants it, and that is key for a QB.

Advertisement
Back