Jake Garcia HL reel from Georgia

We are so jaded as a fan base. Our hype levels for this kid should be “multiple ships”.

but somewhere along the way with the Jacorys, Kayaas and Olsens of the world now we try to knick pick elite QB prospects to protect us from getting hurt again.

Advertisement
We are so jaded as a fan base. Our hype levels for this kid should be “multiple ships”.

but somewhere along the way with the Jacorys, Kayaas and Olsens of the world now we try to knick pick elite QB prospects to protect us from getting hurt again.

While I do agree, its fair to say that Kyle Wright's hype video would have looked very similar to Jake Garcia's. Its just sooooo tough to gauge how a HS QB will do at the next level. That's why its critical for the staff to land a TVD/Garcia type kid in every recruiting cycle.

While I do agree, its fair to say that Kyle Wright's hype video would have looked very similar to Jake Garcia's. Its just sooooo tough to gauge how a HS QB will do at the next level. That's why its critical for the staff to land a TVD/Garcia type kid in every recruiting cycle.

I agree that’s a sensible approach and you have to land one elite 4* or higher QB ever cycle to protect against bust rates. But none the less.

I’m just drawing the contrast to the attitude on on the board now vs say when We annointed Kevin Olsen before he ever set foot on campus.

considering that this is the 2nd highest rated QB we’ve ever signed you’d assume there would be more buzz.

I see Brad Kaaya, which you can win with...... with a great OL and dependable running game. This could go either way depending on things out of Garcia’s control.

I like how he carries himself. Hope he has a great career here.
Brad Kaaya was incredibly good for us - you need to surround him with a good OL / have a good offensive system so he can dump the ball off quickly if the pressure gets there.

Under Lashlee I'd love another Kaaya.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan Werner had Wright going in the right direction in 2005. Pardon the pun. No quarterback going to survive Rich Olsen and Patrick Nix. Garcia is more what Lashlee wants at quarterback.

I think a lot of people are writing TVD off. That kid is also a stud.

Garcia and TVD will push each other hard. May the best man win.
the only reason i pause on tvd is garcia did it in cali, then came and did it in georgia at two powerhouse schools that play solid comp ... i know tvd didn't play anywhere close to the comp garcia played ...

Dan Werner had Wright going in the right direction in 2005. Pardon the pun. No quarterback going to survive Rich Olsen and Patrick Nix. Garcia is more what Lashlee wants at quarterback.

I agree. We'll never know what Kyle Wright could have become. That poor kid; He watched the Canes dominate college football while he was in high school then the whole program fell apart right when he signed with UM. Four offensive coordinators and two head coaches over his five years on campus, and not a **** one of them was competent.

This was his 247 recruiting evaluation:

KW2M.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice release. Not a rocket arm but more than strong enough for college. Big kid physically. He’s built like grown man already, doesn’t need weight room help like a lot of high school kids. It’s a highlight tape so we’re only seeing the good throws but you can see him make throws to guys who aren’t wide open. That’s a rare trait in high school. Most college guys aren’t that accurate. I think Van Dyke is the better athlete with the stronger arm but Garcia has some really nice touch and is comfortable throwing under duress in the pocket.

If we’re making comparisons, Matt Leinart comes to mind. In a spread system that emphasizes quick decisions and accurate passing, Garcia should be able to excel.

Advertisement
Back