Jake Garcia game observations

Advertisement
I'm goin' with the U Legacy here(DVD's very, very, very distant cousin). Kid is a better athlete than he gets credit for. Another thing that makes me comfortable with TVD is Lashlee's comfort level with him. Seems to me like Lashlee sees the tools to be successful in his O in TVD. I've met some tough *** cats from the Northeast that I'd take in a brawl, and Van Dyke strikes me as one tough *** ginger from up North...

I don’t think you should plan on graduate transfers. It is better to be opportunistic than desperate.
Desperate is taking your mom to the prom. You don’t think we’re starting to get into that territory with our QB recruiting if we are going to take a high school one this cycle?

Desperate is taking your mom to the prom. You don’t think we’re starting to get into that territory with our QB recruiting if we are going to take a high school one this cycle?

Garcia is a Top 50 kid who has offers from both of our last two OCs. I wouldn’t put him in that category.

Beyond Garcia, it’s all speculation but I expect some late bloomers who were hidden by the lockdown.

Advertisement
There have been enough portal QBs these last few cycles to believe we can find someone as good as Garcia out there. It’s a risk. But so is taking a HS kid that you have doubts about.

Garcia is a Top 50 kid who has offers from both of our last two OCs. I wouldn’t put him in that category.

Beyond Garcia, it’s all speculation but I expect some late bloomers who were hidden by the lockdown.
Sure, if we can land Garcia.
But after him, the options are? It seems like nothing but desperation.
If it’s not going to be Garcia, which is looking like it isn’t, then I’d rather be in a great spot to land the JT Daniels, Justin Fields type QBs that hit the transfer market every year.

Advertisement
I think Preston Stone may be the late take/flip from SMu. SMU did not look the same today without Lashlee. Lashlee recruited this kid last year before coming over to us, the relationship is there. I can see Stone flipping to us through the season if the proof of concept is displayed on the field. Preston Stone would be a solid take.

I think Preston Stone may be the late take/flip from SMu. SMU did not look the same today without Lashlee. Lashlee recruited this kid last year before coming over to us, the relationship is there. I can see Stone flipping to us through the season if the proof of concept is displayed on the field. Preston Stone would be a solid take.

He would be an awesome take but he has deep family ties at SMU (dad is a big booster there if Im remembering right).

You’d have to live in Dallas to truly appreciate how much that flip is not happening.

Advertisement
I’ve made it perfectly clear I wasn’t a fan of Garcia. I wouldn’t be sad if he stayed w/ USC

Nice observations.

Watch the full game and you'll see why Lashlee wants Jake. can make all the throws and is very, very accurate. I counted a dozen throws that were elte. Several deep balls were on the money, but it was an out route where he put the ball only where his WR could catch it that was beautiful (he anticipated the DB breaking on the ball).

His fumbles, interceptions and sacks were due mostly to an OL that was suspect against a very good WR defensive front.

Overall A effort from Jake against one of georgia's top teams.

Advertisement
Stone's father is on SMU's Board of Trustees? I don't see it. It'd be like Gary Dunn going to UFag.

Advertisement
Back