Jake Garcia game observations

Advertisement
I agree that TVD has better raw tools and I think he’s the QB of the future but it’s not like we have to choose between one or the other, we can have both and let the chips fall. As far as not being a fit for Lashlee, if Lashlee is pushing hard for him then that should tell you everything you need to know. Lashlee seems like the type that he’ll actually adjust his offense to fit his QB, he’s worked with different types at Auburn, Uconn, and SMU.
Thats why I'm laughing at all these "I prefer TVD and we don't want Garcia" posts.

You never know how a QB will come out. Take one every year. Is Garcia ideal? No, but hes still a good QB prospect. No brainer to take him instead of taking no qb.

Now if the discussion is "I prefer [another QB recruit] over Garcia" then that is a good discussion. But we already have TVD, so that discussion makes no sense.

Advertisement
Strong passer meaning what? Accurate? Can make the throw? Anticipates routes? His arm strength may be there but others are suspect from the film. We got a looks like Tarzan, Sitowski situation with him I think.

Much more accurate than Sitkowski. He’s a 70% passer in a fairly advanced offense.

Garcia is...aight.

As a starter in the P5, he might be some mid tbh.

I don't remember who said it...but someone a while back on here called him Cody Kessler. Your mileage may vary on if thats a complement or not.

I'd like to survey the field as the 2020 season goes on, maybe even wait around until some of these spring ball teams play and see how the chips fall with some late risers or go dumpster diving in the portal again. This dude might be more of a backup and you can get those anywhere so I wouldn't stress it.

Advertisement
Yeah i hope he stays committed to SC. Why use 1 of our last spots on a QB who isn’t special. He’s nice but i think you can get a Garcia in 22/23. Let’s keep recruiting Miami caliber kids and eventually we’ll hit on a QB.

The way our OL has played this kid doesn't fit at all....I'd rather take a 3* DT-QB with upside over this kid...

One game on the new team and a lot of guys on here ready to close the door on his cat. When did he get there like three weeks ago?

Advertisement
Now if the discussion is "I prefer [another QB recruit] over Garcia" then that is a good discussion. But we already have TVD, so that discussion makes no sense.

The discussion should be "I prefer a proven transfer QB over Garcia and [another QB recruit]". Perry, Matocha and Martell are not going to start at Miami. So we need someone who is more ready than TVD, or at least pushes him to the wire.

Is it me or is he comparable to Shane Buechele? That first throw in the clip looked just like him.

Advertisement
I've been watching the Lowndes - Archer game on and off and I just caught Rusty Mansell and the other announcer talking about the Valdosta-Lowndes game in October. They said that Valdosta has a "major tv network filming their whole season" , both games and behind the scenes stuff- sounded like one of those Netflix deals that Tate Martell was involved in . I know I saw Garcia is doing some kind of live blog on his instagram for MaxPreps. Is that ESPN?

This kid is not worth one of our last two or three spots. I’m so tired of immobile slow progression guys. He’s not a fit for Lashlee’s offense. And we desperately need someone who can step in and start.
Ive been saying it, unless elite, punt on QB. The transfer portal has changed the status quo. We dnt always have to take a QB.

I personally would have gone after allen especially looking at like allen fits the mold of a deriq king allen needs to refine and learn qb which he will have time to do sitting behind van dyke and matocha. Unless allen told u his is going pro for baseball I dont get it. I dont like going for a portal qb again csz u could have a mass exodus. All qbs would have been here for atleast 1 year and a half for them to bring in a new guy to start u might loose a bunch of them

Advertisement
Back