Jake Garcia game observations

I agree that TVD has better raw tools and I think he’s the QB of the future but it’s not like we have to choose between one or the other, we can have both and let the chips fall. As far as not being a fit for Lashlee, if Lashlee is pushing hard for him then that should tell you everything you need to know. Lashlee seems like the type that he’ll actually adjust his offense to fit his QB, he’s worked with different types at Auburn, Uconn, and SMU.
I'm not so sure he's pushing hard anymore...I personally feel Garcia has told Lashlee he's USC bound....And not to reiterate, but TVD NEVER wavered in his commitment, which speaks volumes in my opinion....

Advertisement
Advertisement
What say you?

Honestly, I’m not sure yet. Very curious to see how the rest of his season plays out.

I was impressed with his intangibles last night. The transition he’s making right now bodes well for his transition to CFB.

The interesting thing is that Matocha’s strengths are Garcia’s weaknesses, and vice versa. Matocha has the length and twitchy athleticism, Garcia is the stronger passer.

In determining whether he is a take, the question isn’t Garcia v. TVD. It’s Garcia vs. Matocha and whoever else is available in 2021.
Makes complete sense. My reservations with that determination is whose to say Matocha sticks around?

Honestly, I’m not sure yet. Very curious to see how the rest of his season plays out.

I was impressed with his intangibles last night. The transition he’s making right now bodes well for his transition to CFB.

The interesting thing is that Matocha’s strengths are Garcia’s weaknesses, and vice versa. Matocha has the length and twitchy athleticism, Garcia is the stronger passer.
Thins I like the most about the kid is his desire to get better. He knew he needed reps and he’s blessed to have a family that allowed him to move to a school that might have one the toughest schedules in America.

Definitely interested to see how bodes the rest of the season.

Advertisement
I'm not so sure he's pushing hard anymore...I personally feel Garcia has told Lashlee he's USC bound....And not to reiterate, but TVD NEVER wavered in his commitment, which speaks volumes in my opinion....
Everything you've said is correct. However, you need to stop comparing Garcia with TVD. TVD has no impact on 2021 qb recruiting because we need to take a QB every class.

After all these yrs....i'm still not happy with our QB evaluations and recruiting...Love TVD...but Cot ****...since 2001 our QB recruiting has been toilet water...if not for Berlin transferring...it'd be even worse...Amazing we can go from Kelly...Kosar...Testeverde...Walsh...Torretta...Dorsey...to what we've seen the last 19yrs....smfh

Advertisement

Strong passer meaning what? Accurate? Can make the throw? Anticipates routes? His arm strength may be there but others are suspect from the film. We got a looks like Tarzan, Sitowski situation with him I think.

Advertisement
If our offense blows up this year we should be able to have a good case for a King prototype (obviously don’t grow on trees but it only takes one), not in athletic kids with a marginal arm

I wouldn’t call him a slow progression guy.

He read the field quickly last night. In some ways, he reminded me of Kaaya.
That’s who I see when I watch his film. Not that I’m some film expert. But he reminds me a lot of Kaaya.
From a strictly business standpoint, I like Garcia more in USC’s pure Air Raid more than I do in Miami’s inside zone hybrid.

Advertisement
Back