Jake Garcia game observations

I know I know, but are you going to pass up on big time football at a P5 and increasing your ability to be drafted in the end? Or stay at SMU (Home in Dallas) bc Daddy is a booster? It's a tough pull, but not impossible. Business Decision Season
QBs are found wherever they are. In a year where Trever Lawrence and Justin Fields are at the top, there's the QB from North Dakota raiding the party.

Advertisement
I truly don't get the Kaaya hate on here, I get he didn't beat FSU but I don't put any of those losses on him and he typically got the ball out quick to mitigate his slow footedness (with the exception of the 1 game against VT).
I had no problem with brad while here. Individual talent wise was one our best to play here. He just happened to play at a time when Miami’s Defense was historically bad vs FSU the offense was never a issue while he was here. Defense gave up 3 4th quarter leads in his 0-3 vs then

Stone is set for life with or without football, and doubly so if he goes to SMU... even moreso than guys like Stafford. I just don't see it.
Will going to SMU make any difference? He’s still that guy’s son regardless. I get that we probably don’t have a shot, but going to SMU seems to be more for his dad than this kid being any more set then he already is.

Man, I can't fault the kid for going out there and bringing home the W. All while being with this team for a short time while facing a legit opponent. Not too long ago people were on his jock hard. Wonder what changed, gee, I wonder.

Advertisement
Garcia has been at Valdosta 2 or 3 weeks.....at this point I doubt he has much of a comfort level with the offense yet.

I don't understand the love fest with TVD already. He has all the physical tools, but watch his HS film. The competition was horrible! No speed anywhere on the field!

Take a top QB every year.....period! Its one of the toughest positions to evaluate.
Garcia is the real deal. The Warner Robbins game was a definite step up in competition compared to what he faced in Cali and he performed well, even though his OL was shaky most of the game due to a very good WR DL.

Garcia is the real deal. The Warner Robbins game was a definite step up in competition compared to what he faced in Cali and he performed well, even though his OL was shaky most of the game due to a very good WR DL.
There was some real GA heat coming at him in game 1. My buddy coaches the DB's there. Their game plan was to come after him and welcome Mr. Garcia to some real So. GA Football (Yes I know WR is in Middle GA, but football wise, anything below Metro ATL is basically considered So. GA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ). He got away with a couple of throws that probably should have been INTs, but he made the throws to win the game.

I think this offense just might be perfect for N’kosi Perry. A lot of people don’t like him but that’s fine. I think the kid is a good fit for this type of offense tho and I know TVD is a talented kid but I’m not ready to rule out Perry as the possible starter next year if King doesn’t come back.

Advertisement
I think this offense just might be perfect for N’kosi Perry. A lot of people don’t like him but that’s fine. I think the kid is a good fit for this type of offense tho and I know TVD is a talented kid but I’m not ready to rule out Perry as the possible starter next year if King doesn’t come back.
I’ve said that N’Kosi would be perfect for the old Bryce Petty Baylor offense. I don’t think that’s what this offense will be tho. I think it will be more Auburn just because you need to take advantage of King’s legs. With that being said, Lashlee worked under Sonny Dykes so he can probably transition to the full spread/air raid when King leaves.

No he's not...
I don't get what was impressive about either of those throws highlighted. But this is the sight that gave Malik all the credit rather than recievers too. Late touchdown was a good throw but up until last second was perfect coverage. Db broke down and took himself out of position to easily contest that pass. The early touchdown was a horrible read and throw. He threw into triple coverage a limp pass & the recievers adapted to make the play. Give credit where it's due. Not just the qb cause he's a target. & Not only is tvd better right now but so is matocha... He has alot to learn.

I agree that TVD has better raw tools and I think he’s the QB of the future but it’s not like we have to choose between one or the other, we can have both and let the chips fall. As far as not being a fit for Lashlee, if Lashlee is pushing hard for him then that should tell you everything you need to know. Lashlee seems like the type that he’ll actually adjust his offense to fit his QB, he’s worked with different types at Auburn, Uconn, and SMU.
D.....I agree wholeheartedly....

Interesting thread on USC board yesterday. Looks like their staff is looking around at some possible options in case...

USC has talked to Washington State QB commit Xavier Ward. It's a case of keeping a guy warm in case they lose one of their two commits right now.

Advertisement
At this point I'm hoping the coaches just said *** it and quit recruiting him. I was under the impression that Miami wanted ultra athletic qb's who could run and throw

At this point I'm hoping the coaches just said *** it and quit recruiting him. I was under the impression that Miami wanted ultra athletic qb's who could run and throw

I hope Lashlee doesn't do this, but one of the things that concerned me with Gus Malzahn (and by extension Lashlee) is they will recruit the **** out of a QB that isn't the best fit for their system. Just makes you scratch your head.

Advertisement
HUDL clips from his first game. Hopefully he sorts out the eligibility issues so he can get some more film:

I hope Lashlee doesn't do this, but one of the things that concerned me with Gus Malzahn (and by extension Lashlee) is they will recruit the **** out of a QB that isn't the best fit for their system. Just makes you scratch your head.

Jeff Sims, Georgia Techs qb would have been a perfect qb to groom for Lashlee's system.

Advertisement
Back