Jahmar Brown

Advertisement
What they forget to also say is who those undersized guys had in front of them. We dont have a Wilfork sitting in front of Vilma right now. In fact our dtackles are pretty light in the *** honestly. If your undersized for me..you better pack a punch. Perryman and Vilma's film showed they packed a punch. Spence film showed incredible instincts and sifting through traffic ability. The same for Big Country Jermaine Grace.If your undersized you better have an outstanding quality. I was indifferent to Soloman because we have cbs that are bigger than him that were recruiting...but ive come around after watching him cover in one on ones and his film work. 7 on 7 really has done good for him...he is literally in everyones hip pocket in coverage.

DL sets the tone at the point of attack. LBs gotta be versatile, roam and make plays. Roquan Smith is compact and gets engulfed by blocks, who cares? Dude was all over the field for UGA. I loved Grace's film and I thought he could be that guy, very unfortunate how that situation played out.

I don't project Solomon to be a production machine like that but he can excel in a role and be dependable. I expect him to see the field quickly. Those traits you mentioned are evident in his film not just on the camp circuit.

Also I think we will have DTs that can control the line in a couple years. I read Bruce Feldman's 1st article for the Athletic - An oral history of the N.C. State defensive line that just... - and the NC State coaches talk about how they looked for DL with growth potential that can bend (lift potential) and like lifting. Them having 4 DL drafted this year was no fluke. Anyways I think Ford and Miller have the traits and growth potential to be space eaters like NC State's DTs showed against Clemson. And Nesta obviously has an insane motor.

Ivins put the CB in for South Carolina

He's gonna commit to USCe but Miami will have a very good chance to flip him if they really want to down the line. I think there are kids higher on the board than him right now, however. But I fully expect him to commit to USCe on Thursday.

Advertisement
So why did he tweet "Well then" when Pierre de-committed? Was it to flame UM?

Maybe he expected Miami to take his commitement? The replies could have thought the same thing as well but obviously there was a change of heart with the staff. It’s easy to tell a croot their group is already filled up as apposed to “we don’t want you”

I think they will go all out for Eaford and R.Davis still

I wouldn't argue with Darius Williams or any other pure Mike.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the room is full unless Eaford/Davis wanna commit. If neither do I dont see us taking any more backers unless they try to flip Brown later in the process.

Ya I'm just not sure Ivins is correct...I agree with Eaford/Davis part. But if they can't flip them I don't think one more true Mike is definitely not happening.

Apparently we are happy with Solomon, Huff and Brooks. Room is "full" According to TOS
Honestly, our board should be full. Unless Davis or Eaford want in, then you add them. Or a prospect blows up his senior year. Use that scholly for dline or oline.

Advertisement
I still am unsure who I like more between Brown and Soloman though. Their senior seasons will decide for me

Advertisement
I still am unsure who I like more between Brown and Soloman though. Their senior seasons will decide for me

i personally liked Brown more. Solomon covers better, Brown is slightly bigger, bigger frame, and runs faster packs more of a punch.

Advertisement
Back