Jahmar Brown

Advertisement
Perryman wasn't that big coming out of high school either. Most of these guys will put on 10-15 pounds in their first 6 months and even more after their first full spring.

Perryman wasn't that big coming out of high school either. Most of these guys will put on 10-15 pounds in their first 6 months and even more after their first full spring.
He really wasn't but everyone reads online that he was almost 220. That isn't the case he was much much closer to 200 than 220.

Almost all heights and weights on recruiting websites are overblown. He got significantly bigger and stronger as his time went on here

Advertisement
He really wasn't but everyone reads online that he was almost 220. That isn't the case he was much much closer to 200 than 220.
Old Miami Herald article if you look for it said Perriman came in at 208 lbs. left at over 240 Benching 435 and squatting 600.

"That’s good for UM, because Perryman’s sideline-to-sideline athleticism and beefed-up frame (listed at 6-foot and 242 pounds) make him an ideal defensive keystone."

"“He’s so big now,” UM coach Al Golden said. “It used to be we’d put him at Will when he was 208, 210 pounds to protect him, because that’s where the three-technique [tackle] is. Now he can do it all because he’s 242 now. He’s actually a guy who we’re saying, ‘Enough’s enough, stay at 242.’ [note: Perryman said Monday he’s actually 245. He looks it. Without pads on, Perryman’s core muscles make him look like he’s wearing a flak jacket.]"

Miami Hurricanes spring practice: family time, bulked-up defense, Duke and Joe’s injuries and a two-deep look | Canes Watch

Last edited:
These STA linebackers are smart and well coached. I am sure they understand that they will probably have to red-shirt and physically develop and that is ok because we are set for this next season.

Y’all keep talking about size ain’t important then compare guys like Perryman and Vilma... why not throw in Ray Lewis while ur at it.

The only difference is those guys had freak strength, destroy u on contact without even having to try hard to do it. Who has that ability among the group of undersized Lbers committed or being recruited? I don’t see it

Advertisement
Y’all keep talking about size ain’t important then compare guys like Perryman and Vilma... why not throw in Ray Lewis while ur at it.

The only difference is those guys had freak strength, destroy u on contact without even having to try hard to do it. Who has that ability among the group of undersized Lbers committed or being recruited? I don’t see it

What they forget to also say is who those undersized guys had in front of them. We dont have a Wilfork sitting in front of Vilma right now. In fact our dtackles are pretty light in the *** honestly. If your undersized for me..you better pack a punch. Perryman and Vilma's film showed they packed a punch. Spence film showed incredible instincts and sifting through traffic ability. The same for Big Country Jermaine Grace.If your undersized you better have an outstanding quality. I was indifferent to Soloman because we have cbs that are bigger than him that were recruiting...but ive come around after watching him cover in one on ones and his film work. 7 on 7 really has done good for him...he is literally in everyones hip pocket in coverage.

We're taking everyone from STA. I like it. Make them a feeder school.
That's definitely true, we pretty much almost always get at least 1-2 guys from STA every class.

However, I think it needs to be noted that Jahmar is a Dade County boy, he's originally from Miami Gardens went to Pace his Freshman year then transferred to STA. Not that it's a big deal, just feel like STA always gets credit for these prospects but most of their best players are usually transfers lol

would be odd to commit to Miami and then turn right around and OV to SC.....but then again I don't understand half the things these kids do

Advertisement
Why does South Carolina use #SpursUp as their recruiting mantra?? Did their marketing department not allow the more appropriate #C*cksUp??

Advertisement

would be odd to commit to Miami and then turn right around and OV to SC.....but then again I don't understand half the things these kids do

Lol those rankings all ****ed up, they could’ve atleast been realistic and put themselves at #18 then go down from there. #1 LMAOOOOO what kind of kush they got in South Carolina

With todays crybabies and the #MeToo movement #****sUp wouldnt be well received

Advertisement
Back