Jacory or Kaaya

Advertisement
Kaaya is a the better passer, Jacory benefited from better players around him. But he did beat FSU so I give him major props for that. But Im stilling rolling with Kaaya at the end of the day.

Jacket beat a 7-5 FSU and was a dropped pass from losing

Kaaya gets sacked on that dime to Benjamin that Jacory had to spin out of a sack to throw.

Kaaya choked against FSU 2 years in a row...last year He needed a great PR from Berrios to even be in position to throw that almost game tying TD pass...would've choked again if Berrios fair caught that one.

Advertisement
Senior year Jacory

Those four interceptions against BC to finish 6-6 were inspiring.

Yes because we never went 6-7 with Kaaya. Oh wait.

True freshmen vs Jacorys senior year?

Ok, we can have that debate. Tell me tangible things that Kaaya did differently from his freshman year to his junior year. Because honestly I thought he was the exact same player all 3 years.

Jacory's sophomore year was better than Kaaya's sophomore year. Jacory's senior year was also the first year of the ****show (Golden/cloud, whatever), and he didn't even play in the Maryland game. Don't really know how much to expect out of either guy really, but I truthfully thought Kaaya would take a huge leap with Richt and he didn't.

Advertisement
I mean Jacory beat FSU at least.

Its a trick hypothetical question ultimately in my mind bc neither of them had the proper coaching. I thonk Jacory in a dink and dunk spread offense couldve been deadly.

And Kaaya lost to a 4-8 Notre Dame team.

Doesn't matter what our record or FSU's is. It's a rivalry game in which team is going to put on their best.

Its a trick hypothetical question ultimately in my mind bc neither of them had the proper coaching. I thonk Jacory in a dink and dunk spread offense couldve been deadly.

Doesn't matter what our record or FSU's is. It's a rivalry game in which team is going to put on their best.

Sure let's pretend that FsU was anything like what we've faced since Jimbo took over. Let's not forget that the same FSU team was losing to Jacksonville State one week later with three minutes to go. That same FSU team lost to South Florida and Boston College. But sure, Jacory beat them. Right before he threw 48 interceptions with less touchdowns and yards than Kaaya with one more year.

I'm actually one of the rare beings that thinks Jacory's career was ruined by coaching. I think he could've done well had he been in a spread offense.

However, let's keep it real. Jacory orchestrated a few nice comebacks but HE WAS OFTEN THE REASON WE HAD TO COMEBACK TO BEGIN WITH. He was an INT machine.

Do you guys not remember how bad we were on offense during those years? Our defense was actually pretty good. Our offense was the main thing holding us back. Kaaya, on the other hand, has had to play beside some of the worst defenses in Miami history. Golden also didn't do Kaaya any favors when he decided to sign multiple WR's and RB's who run 4.7's. Our skill positions were mediocre under Golden. At least Jacory got the benefit of distributing the ball to a few NFL starters during his career.

I'm actually one of the rare beings that thinks Jacory's career was ruined by coaching. I think he could've done well had he been in a spread offense.

However, let's keep it real. Jacory orchestrated a few nice comebacks but HE WAS OFTEN THE REASON WE HAD TO COMEBACK TO BEGIN WITH. He was an INT machine.

Do you guys not remember how bad we were on offense during those years? Our defense was actually pretty good. Our offense was the main thing holding us back. Kaaya, on the other hand, has had to play beside some of the worst defenses in Miami history. Golden also didn't do Kaaya any favors when he decided to sign multiple WR's and RB's who run 4.7's. Our skill positions were mediocre under Golden. At least Jacory got the benefit of distributing the ball to a few NFL starters during his career.

Don't bring facts to these guys. They'd rather talk about Jacorys pink suit. Although, I disagree with the potential you think he had. The NFL finds potential. CFL is the lid for Jacory.

Advertisement

Don't bring facts to these guys. They'd rather talk about Jacorys pink suit. Although, I disagree with the potential you think he had. The NFL finds potential. CFL is the lid for Jacory.

Well he didn't have the arm strength for the NFL.

I think he could've been a more successful COLLEGE quarterback in the right system. He always looked much better when we needed a couple scores and we had to line-up in the spread every play. We marched right down the field. He was at home in the shotgun, slinging the ball around.

Kaaya and your CRAZY to think otherwise.

I personally believed that if Kaaya was the QB through the years Jacory was the QB. We would of probably won 9 or 10 + games every season.. Kaaya has won 8 and 9 games with no O-line.. and until this year.. no Defense.

That 2015 Team was a 4-8 team that won 8 games mainly because of Kaaya (hence why he was considered the #1 pick). Dumb coaches, No O-line, inconsistent running game, no defense.. these are problem Jacory didn't have to deal with to the degree that Kaaya did.

Sure let's pretend that FsU was anything like what we've faced since Jimbo took over. Let's not forget that the same FSU team was losing to Jacksonville State one week later with three minutes to go. That same FSU team lost to South Florida and Boston College. But sure, Jacory beat them. Right before he threw 48 interceptions with less touchdowns and yards than Kaaya with one more year.

Man, Jacory was his own worst enemy as well. I don't think anyone would ever dispute that. But let's also not dismiss the fact that HE'S THE LAST MIAMI QB TO BEAT OUR BIGGEST RIVAL. Rivalry games matter.

Again, it doesn't matter if they are winless, you still gotta beat FSU at The U. The game is that important.

I have my doubts Kaaya wouldn't have risen to the occasion against a good of bad FSU team, bc after all, that's how he was coached (in fact his HC for most of his tenure once said-- and I quote -- "don't' rise to the occasion"). Kaaya wilted down the stretch every year against FSU (part of it was play calling to be fair). And he never seemed bothered by it either.

I think those saying Jacory recognize that he was playing in the wrong system with subpar talent. I had a heart attack every time he dropped back thinking it was going to be an INT (and chances are it was), but he should've never been dropping back to begin with. He's one of the biggest what if's of the past decade imo.

Clearly Kaaya has more skill which is why he is getting drafted and Jacory isn't. But he had alot more going in his favor during his time at UM than Jacory did. The entire 2013 UM offense is in or will be in the NFL. Can't say the same about any of those offenses Jacory played in.

Advertisement

Our skill positions were pretty much the same for Kaaya and Jacory. Kaaya has had Duke, Walton and Yearby, and he's had Dorsett, Coley, Njoku, and Richards. Those aren't NFL guys? I mean you're comparing them to who, Benjamin, Hankerson and Streeter? Lamar Miller played great in 2011, but that doesn't change the whole argument.

Kaaya and your CRAZY to think otherwise.

I personally believed that if Kaaya was the QB through the years Jacory was the QB. We would of probably won 9 or 10 + games every season.. Kaaya has won 8 and 9 games with no O-line.. and until this year.. no Defense.

That 2015 Team was a 4-8 team that won 8 games mainly because of Kaaya (hence why he was considered the #1 pick). Dumb coaches, No O-line, inconsistent running game, no defense.. these are problem Jacory didn't have to deal with to the degree that Kaaya did.

Kaaya won 7 games in 2015. Considering he didn't beat a ranked team until his final game, it is a leap to think he would've beaten Duke.

Jacory. With better coaching (nothing but go route whipple) and a real S&C program would've been better than BK

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back