Jacory Harris was our best QB post-Dorsey

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya choked more winnable games than any QB in UM history @Hurracanes
I will go out on a limb and say there was 6-7 games in his 3 year career where he had the ball in his hands late in 4th to win or tie a game. He failed every single time to make plays Outside of the noles game where we missed xp. Many of his failures late in games were because of his immobility. He could sling it no doubt but you can’t be a sitting duck in today’s game like he was.

Every player under Folden gets an asterisk. They had some of the worst coaching ever seen. With even competent coaching, those teams would have fared much better.

Best QB since Dorsey
1. Brock Berlin
2. Brad Kaaya
3. Stephen Morris
4. Jacory Harris
5. Kyle Wright
6. Malik Rosier
7. N'Kosi Perry
8. Jarren Williams
9. Robert Marve
10. Kirby Freeman

Most Clutch QB since Dorsey
1. Brock Berlin
2. Malik Rosier
3. Stephen Morris
4 (Tie). Jacory Harris, N'Kosi Perry, Jarren Williams
7. Kyle Wright
8. Kirby Freeman
9. Robert Marve
10. Brad Kaaya

Advertisement
hey dopey, Berlin won us games regardless of the ****** coaching, Kaaya never did, that was my point

"And don't come at me with the Golden excuse, a good/great QB can overcome ****bag coaching occasionally, Kaaya couldn't do it"
Berlin also played on some of the most talented teams in UM history. Would anybody from the 2014-2016 teams have even started in 2003? I mean that defense might have been the best in UM history. Meanwhile, Kaaya had Donofrio’s defense that couldn’t stop a nose bleed. I get that you want a QB who’s a winner but there’s a lot more that goes into winning games than just having a good quarterback.

Berlin also played on some of the most talented teams in UM history. Would anybody from the 2014-2016 teams have even started in 2003? I mean that defense might have been the best in UM history. Meanwhile, Kaaya had Donofrio’s defense that couldn’t stop a nose bleed. I get that you want a QB who’s a winner but there’s a lot more that goes into winning games than just having a good quarterback.

My man Kaaya didn’t beat a single ranked team in his entire career bar WVU in his last ever game

The guy has multiple chances to lead a game winning drive and fell flat every single time, every single time

Best QB since Dorsey
1. Brock Berlin
2. Brad Kaaya
3. Stephen Morris
4. Jacory Harris
5. Kyle Wright
6. Malik Rosier
7. N'Kosi Perry
8. Jarren Williams
9. Robert Marve
10. Kirby Freeman

Most Clutch QB since Dorsey
1. Brock Berlin
2. Malik Rosier
3. Stephen Morris
4 (Tie). Jacory Harris, N'Kosi Perry, Jarren Williams
7. Kyle Wright
8. Kirby Freeman
9. Robert Marve
10. Brad Kaaya

One sorry list... outside of Berlin

Advertisement
Malik showed in 2017 he can win football games. Malik made game winning plays thats year During crunch time. Big runs, not getting sacked, big throws, etc. Unfortunately it didn’t translate to 18. The most important factor in college at qb is having that it factor and the ability to win football games when it matters. Mahomes might be the exception but I never watched him in college. If you have the ball in your hands late in games time and time again like Kaaya did in college you have to pull some of those out. He did not do that once
He did it twice against FSU only for the defense to give it back.

Best QB since Dorsey
1. Brock Berlin
2. Brad Kaaya
3. Stephen Morris
4. Jacory Harris
5. Kyle Wright
6. Malik Rosier
7. N'Kosi Perry
8. Jarren Williams
9. Robert Marve
10. Kirby Freeman

Stat had it dead on though I would put Morris #2 and Kaaya #3. But Berlin , Morris and Kaaya were the 3 really good QBs we have had. None were great like I think King will be this year but very good.

I don't hate on Kaaya, but the reason for their dislike is obvious: every time one of his teams had the chance to have a strong season, the team blew it. He shares some of the blame. Losing to F$U also doesn't help anyone wearing a Canes uniform, particularly when you lose to them in brutally close, gut-wrenching fashion.
His first two years, he was supported by Dorito's defense. His last year, do you remember the OL? Almost as bad as last year's. During the 4 game losing streak it looked as if Kaaya went fetal as soon as he took the snap.

Advertisement
The Kaaya wasn't clutch enough talk makes me lol every time.

Do you guys remember the Berrios dropped TD? Or Walford running free down the sidelines to ice FSU then inexplicably getting stripped? How about Bagley's missed PAT when Kaaya threw what should have been the tying TD on the final play as a junior?

Then there was the 405 with 3 TDS and no picks and the lead as a sophomore in Tallahassee, only to have the D choke it away.

Anyone recall 20 straight points for the lead at Notre Dame with 4 minutes left? Who blew that one?

The 80 yard drive in the Sun Bowl against WSU where Walton fumbled at the goal line? Then the half back pass in the snow that got picked? That's on Kaaya?

There are plenty more examples where his teammates were **** in the clutch when they were knocking on the door or after taking the lead than there are Kaaya being the problem.

Last edited:
How many of our QBs since Dorsey would have benefitted from a Lashlee style offense? Berlin and Jacory for sure...
Brcok Berlin was a perfect fit for spread, any time he went shotgun he lit it up, Chudinski was OC and kept trying to fit square peg into round whole

Advertisement
With a redshirt year and a stable, good OC he goes down as a legend. Whose with me?

I been saying this for years, had he come up under the same coaches ken dorsey or if j70 was the qb under center against ohigho fake, we would've torched them boys. People for some reason tend to forget how accurate j70 was, no way he throwing balls in the dirt to dre wide open, or those flimsy bombs, j70 would've been out their executing just like he did at the West. Didn't take him long when he got to college, in that gaytor game, from our own goal, that check/slant passhe made to kayne farquharson, that was True Miami/Dade County football, you think you got us backed, no ****, try again bytch. Than that hoe *** patrick nix, got even more nervous than he already was after that play, sickening to think about. But yeah man, you'll never be alone on this one, that throw he made to travis in that FSU game, still ranks up their as one of the all time Great throws in any league, True Miami style.

Also another topic, brandon harris is one of our most underrated db's to come thru here to, people started blasting him during his freshman year, I said than, that man is a balla, similar to what I said this year about poison, and with coach rumph as the db coach, he not gone put nobody out their he don't have confidence in, we straight.

Bro Kirby Freeman and it’s not even close. :)

Kirby had his U back tattoo changed to this...

***.jpg

Stephen Morris, LOL...you guys are all clueless. He's was the worst QB The U has ever had. And yeah, I'm aware of Kirby Freeman, Troy Prasik, Evan Sherriffs, etc. Morris was an absolute disgrace. I'll never forgive him for happily cracking jokes about Snickers bars in the locker room after getting blown out by whoever it was.

Advertisement
Back