Jacory Harris was our best QB post-Dorsey

Advertisement
Torretta was Leveled against FSU on his 35yd TD to Lamar in 91....I thought he died...
It was 1992 and G thought he died also. Drank a few bottles of Tignanello after that one to ease the pain. Brutal game. The 92 OL was not good, my cugina took a beating. Not our greatest QB ever but certainly a winner, very intelligent on and off the field and tough kid back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work nights next five or six days. Call him on my three day weekend and if he knows. Last I talked to him he just made Lieutenant.

He's always talking to me about coming back to work in the truck (ambulance), but those days are LONG gone for me. :)
I'll add that Jacory's dad is running for mayor of Miami Gardens.

Pretty clear in Kaaya vs. Morris. Not really debatable. Kaaya's worst year is pretty much on par with Morris' best year.

Kaaya:
1595616558467.png

Morris:
1595616580083.png

Advertisement
It's Morris or Kaaya. Morris as a junior was a big play machine. His consistency and accuracy held him back but He was a good athlete and he had a very live arm. Kaaya was the most talented. The second half of 2016 when Richt tossed all the I formation, pro-style crap in the garbage, he lit it up. Had he returned in 2017, I think he could have had an incredible season. They definitely wouldn't have lost to Pitt.

College football is full of mediocre quarterbacks who won a lot of games because they played on really good teams. I mean, look at pretty much any Alabama quarterback not named Tua Tagovailoa. (miss me with that Joe Namath crap from 60 years ago)

Our very own starting quarterback D'Eriq King had one of the most dominant starting quarterback seasons in history in 2018. He accounted for almost 30 points per game by himself. Houston went 8-5. (7-3 with King as a starter)

Stephen Morris would have been a 1st round pick if he played in a spread offense & had a competent OC all 4 years. Brad Kaaya was **** good too but he wasn't clutch

Advertisement
Stephen Morris would have been a 1st round pick if he played in a spread offense & had a competent OC all 4 years. Brad Kaaya was **** good too but he wasn't clutch
dont really understand how people are forgetting this. It was plastered on this board while he was here. Obviously there were much bigger issues within the program than him but he had his chances there is no denying it.

Kaaya’d junior season was the best QB we’ve had here.

We win 10-11 games with him under center last season, even with Enos as OC.
Agreed with you up until the last part...

Enox would've got Kaaya paralyzed. He had even slower feet in the pocket than Jarren, running Enox's Central Michigan offense taking 5-7 step drops with Zion at LT, Kaaya would've had his spine snapped in half.

Advertisement
You can't help but Love Jacory...as much as he made you pull your Hair out....he still was a True Cane...Nothing Fake about him...an absolute pleasure to be around....
This times 1,000.

Jacory is a great friend, I hate looking overly biased towards my school but it always annoys me when people just shìt on Jacory without putting in proper context his time at Miami. That's not to excuse his poor play, but if people seriously think he was setup to succeed they need their heads examined.

He's a True Cane to the fullest & had he had a better system he would've won us an ACC title no doubt about it. He definitely wasn't the perfect QB by any stretch, but people just love to forget how incompetent our coaches have been since the Dynasty days.

Brah! Jacory threw wayyy to many picks! Kaaya gets my vote. Not mobile but could throw a very accurate ball. Morris had the best arm- perhaps the strongest ever but that is where that stopped- he would overthrow a simple 10 yard pass to the flats. Kaaya Hands down. Now we have King and some semblance of old fashion QB play at miami will be restored. But yeah our QB room has been bad for 20 years

Agreed with you up until the last part...

Enox would've got Kaaya paralyzed. He had even slower feet in the pocket than Jarren, running Enox's Central Michigan offense taking 5-7 step drops with Zion at LT, Kaaya would've had his spine snapped in half.
Kaaya makes Williams look like Mike Vick back there 🤣

Advertisement
For me it's Kaaya.

But had both Jacory & Stephen Morris played in Spread offenses they both would've looked a lot better at Miami.

Staying so deathly loyal to the "Pro style bro!" has screwed us over from good QB play for such a long time. Oh St QB's look like all-world beaters in college & suck in the NFL, why? Because they run a system that's conducive to high level productivity despite whatever limitations you have as a QB.

In terms of pure talent, Morris has the best arm of the group, **** is arm was way better than Dorsey's but he played for a used car salesman in Al Folden who screwed him over royally.

But if Richt hires an OC & Brad comes back his Senior year I honestly believe we would've had the same season we had with Rosier except we beat Pitt & don't get embarrassed vs Clemson & beat Wisconsin.

I think Jacory Harris gets a lot of hate he doesn't deserve. He was a good QB and if the program had been in a better place during his time he would have done better. Now....I don't know about legend.
All these guys getting hate they don’t deserve. Faulting true canes who are good dudes for trying to outscore our own No D and other crap coaches? Pass. Love them all

Advertisement
Back