It's gonna be Jarren

Coach, if you are Mark, do you do anything that causes Rosier to transfer out before the season? Keep in mind, 10 - 0 was the best start Mark has EVER had. We all want the QB that wins those last two games plus two more. I defend Rosier a lot but I doubt he beat Clemson. But does mArk, or you, run Rosier off without knowing any of the others can win the first 10 games next year?
I run him over with the Williams bus.

Advertisement
Don't think it's Williams...yet. I can see Richt giving Williams more burn with the 1s during Fall Camp in order to gauge his true performance and grasp of the playbook when rounds are going down range. If he can perform well enough, I can see Richt pulling that trigger, but not right now. It's Malik for now.

No one should trash Rosier...kid has given all he has athletically...it's not his fault that he is limited athletically. I've been watching the re-runs lately of the games from this past season, and Rosey coming out AT Free Shoes in the last minute and change and pumping his arms as he prances to the huddle...then he does the unthinkable in that situation...wins the game! Rosey had some great moments this past season regardless of his limitations. Kid was a gamer even though it took him a half of football each time to settle down and start tossing strikes. He was also money against Notre Lame...

I eluded to this when we signed Perry...and I got ripped to shreds on here...
Nothing about his tape showed me a polished QB. To me it looked like he was playing junkyard ball, just chuckin' the rock to WR's who were usually wide open.
I honestly thought Weldon's tape was more impressive.

QB is mainly mental IMO, it's not always about arm strength, mobility, etc. Can you get us lined up, make the proper checks, get us in the right protection, read a defense and make the right throws?
And can you do it all while there's live bullets flying at you?
I started out as a QB in high school. I could throw 60 yards in the air, 50 yards from my knees, 45+ yards behind my back (spiral, on target)...had plenty of arm talent...couldn't play QB to save my life. They moved me to LB within 2 weeks.

I think most people would agree that Ken Dorsey didn't have a very talented arm but he knew where to go with the football.
Look at Stephen Morris or Kyle Wright. Rocket for an arm. Terrible QB's.

I also think SYSTEM FIT is a huge thing with QB's.

I'm excited about Williams cause he's decisive and knows where the football is supposed to go on every play. He's efficient.

Yea well uncle Rico could throw a pigskin a quarter mile

Yea well uncle Rico could throw a pigskin a quarter mile
That's gotta count for something.

uncle rico.gif

Advertisement
I was never on the Perry train. I’m on the JW15 train. I still think Rosier starts vs LSU. But I think Williams will get snaps that night and eventually becomes then starter.

If you start Rosier you get MJJ. It’s the only positive. Rosier is not a better QB or player then Jarren Williams.
That would be nice, but I'll be darned if we should throw away a season in hopes of getting a QB in 2019. Give me Williams and let him play 3 years. I'm sure we can grab another QB in the next three years.

Advertisement
Lol Uncle Rico wingin' it side arm. Livin' it up in a hot tub. With his soulmate.

Coach, if you are Mark, do you do anything that causes Rosier to transfer out before the season? Keep in mind, 10 - 0 was the best start Mark has EVER had. We all want the QB that wins those last two games plus two more. I defend Rosier a lot but I doubt he beat Clemson. But does mArk, or you, run Rosier off without knowing any of the others can win the first 10 games next year?

For one and for all, Richt is not, I repeat, Richt is not going to encourage the only QB on the roster who has taken a live snap to transfer. Stop.

It is threads like this that make me want to go the opposite way.

I expect Williams to redshirt now.

Advertisement
If Williams and Rosier are neck and neck, this is great news. It means we have legit depth at QB. It means we won't have that Sherrifs type drop off between #1 and #2.

I only go by what I watch. And, at this point, Jarren Williams appears to be the best passer on our current team. Whether that means he'll be the Day 1 starter this season or a starter at all, I don't think anyone has much of an idea. So many more factors go into the equation. But, let's repeat, when it comes to footwork, balance, release and consistency, I've seen Williams flash what others have not.

I feel better about QB going into this season than I did last, at least.

my guy... you watched any of the footballville vids from spring? how bout go to the spring game? His footwork, stance and release are all behind both rosier and perry. not even close.

Yall blind *** fans. Its funny when it comes from those admin or big time posters on here. Go on youtube and compare spring vids between the QBs... hes not there yet.

I personally think they shirt him.

Advertisement
I only go by what I watch. And, at this point, Jarren Williams appears to be the best passer on our current team. Whether that means he'll be the Day 1 starter this season or a starter at all, I don't think anyone has much of an idea. So many more factors go into the equation. But, let's repeat, when it comes to footwork, balance, release and consistency, I've seen Williams flash what others have not.

I feel better about QB going into this season than I did last, at least.

I agree with this. Regardless of who starts, I would expect more consistent QB play. You have to believe that if Rosier goes into a 1st half funk like he did several times last year, Richt will have a quicker trigger. He has options this year.

my guy... you watched any of the footballville vids from spring? how bout go to the spring game? His footwork, stance and release are all behind both rosier and perry. not even close.

Yall blind *** fans. Its funny when it comes from those admin or big time posters on here. Go on youtube and compare spring vids between the QBs... hes not there yet.

I personally think they shirt him.
No, I did not watch footballville vids, "my guy." Yes, I went to the Spring Game. Would gladly take a breakdown from you if you're willing to offer it. Cut up the videos and break it down for us. Help us see what your expertise has allowed you to see. While it may not be worth much to you, I've not heard one person around the program agree with you. Look forward to the analysis.

It is threads like this that make me want to go the opposite way.

I expect Williams to redshirt now.
Great, but that's not based on anything but being a contrarian. Personally, I didn't make a prediction on what would happen. Don't have enough information to say if he'll be the starter or if he'll redshirt. I openly stated I only comment on the limited action I watched. In that action, I saw a much cleaner release (can anyone really argue this one?), cleaner feet (doesn't mean more explosive or quickness), and better balance. If people saw other practices or different things, would love to hear the breakdown.

Great, but that's not based on anything but being a contrarian. Personally, I didn't make a prediction on what would happen. Don't have enough information to say if he'll be the starter or if he'll redshirt. I openly stated I only comment on the limited action I watched. In that action, I saw a much cleaner release (can anyone really argue this one?), cleaner feet (doesn't mean more explosive or quickness), and better balance. If people saw other practices or different things, would love to hear the breakdown.

I’m starting to see why you don’t post quite as much as you used to.
These boards just aren’t what they used to be.
Always enjoyed/appreciated your analysis, Lu.

Advertisement
Back