It's gonna be Jarren

Advertisement
Jarren isn't a paraplegic. He's fast with this throws, he's fast with his mind, and even last year - Rosier had some pretty pockets - he just couldn't hit the receivers. Jarren seems to "feel" it - and it works.

Just read ONE of the several posts I made last year - and I note Enos saying Jarren has better "instincts" in the pocket.

My, my, my.

Advertisement
Don't know if I'd go that far. He always jumped out at me as a much better passer than anything we had on the roster. I'm glad he's finally getting his shot. I think he's gonna light it up!

you know what I find interesting about Jarren?

Because he throws such a nice pass, everyone overlooks his athleticism and speed. I mean, with black QB's, its usually 'Oh, what an athlete AND he can actually throw!!' With J-Will, his ability to move is actually overlooked, if not completely ignored.

The guy is a really good athlete. And I when I hear comparisons to him and Donovan McNabb(and again, that's premature at this point) I do think he would've been a great fit in that 'freeze option' of the Cuse that they ran for years.

The more I think about it, the more I think this was not that difficult of a choice for Diaz and Enos. They see him up close, they understand his temperament, and beyond that, they aren't just completely fixated on just beating the hated Gators on Aug. 24th in the decision they made, but they know they can all grow with this kid for the long term. If you combine skill-set, attitude, and remaining eligibility, it may not have been THAT close of a decision at the end.

Regardless of what happens next week( and I'll be there in Orlando), Im good with this decision.

Last edited:
you know what I find interesting about Jarren?

Because he throws such a nice pass, everyone overlooks his athleticism and speed. I mean, with black QB's, its usually 'Oh, what an athlete AND he can actually throw!!' With J-Will, his ability to move is actually overlooked, if not completely ignored.

The guy is a really good athlete. And I when I hear comparisons to him and Donovan McNabb(and again, that's premature at this point) I do think he would've been a great fit in that 'freeze option' of the Cuse that they ran for years.

The more I think about it, the more I think this was not that difficult of a choice for Diaz and Enos. They see him up close, they understand his temperament, and beyond that, they aren't completely fixated on just beating the hated Gators on Aug. 24th, but they know they can all grow with this kid for the long term. If you combine skill-set, attitude, and remaining eligibility, it may not have been THAT close of a decision at the end.

Regardless of what happens next week( and I'll be there in Orlando), Im good with this decision.
Agreed, it does get overlooked. Even when it came out that he hit 20 mph along with the CBs & WRs, it was hardly talked about. I think a lot of it has to do with his perception as a pass first QB. Apart from his underrated athleticism, he seems to have a good feel for the pocket & for evading the rush to get his pass off. I've also thought Enos & Diaz have known for a lot longer than they've led on (especially Enos, when you consider the type of offense he likes to run). Jarren's a big time QB. We're about to see some fireworks.

Advertisement
Agreed, it does get overlooked. Even when it came out that he hit 20 mph along with the CBs & WRs, it was hardly talked about. I think a lot of it has to do with his perception as a pass first QB. Apart from his underrated athleticism, he seems to have a good feel for the pocket & for evading the rush to get his pass off. I've also thought Enos & Diaz have known for a lot longer than they've led on (especially Enos, when you consider the type of offense he likes to run). Jarren's a big time QB. We're about to see some fireworks.

Yeah, great feet, and ability to re-create his platform. Also he has great touch and arc on his passes when needed. In other words, he knows how to pitch, not just throw...

Advertisement
Back