It's gonna be Jarren

LOL...gonna need more than 6 passing plays to beat an Aranda/Raymond coached defense.

Not with our receivers, especially with Richards, Jeff, Harley, DeeJay, Cager, Hightower, Wiggins, and Pope. Someone WILL be open, and Jarren can not only hit them, but put it where they can keep running when they catch it.

Advertisement
Actually, he did quite well in practice. Problem is, when you throw just about any cold QB into a game under bad circumstances, they will struggle. Especially one that has had no real game time under his belt. Not saying that he was a better option than Rosier, just that he never got enough game time to have a chance to show what he could do. It happens.
I get what you're saying about QBs coming in cold & don't disagree, but Evan at Pitt was more "in over his head" than I can remember seeing from a Miami QB.

Last edited:
Not with our receivers, especially with Richards, Jeff, Harley, DeeJay, Cager, Hightower, Wiggins, and Pope. Someone WILL be open, and Jarren can not only hit them, but put it where they can keep running when they catch it.
Sounds like an oversimplication. Difficult to complete passes if you are on your backside. O line has to be a lot better than previous couple of years. They have to protect qb and open up holes for runners. If the o line is as average as last year our offense will be no better than last year.

Sounds like an oversimplication. Difficult to complete passes if you are on your backside. O line has to be a lot better than previous couple of years. They have to protect qb and open up holes for runners. If the o line is as average as last year our offense will be no better than last year.

Jarren isn't a paraplegic. He's fast with this throws, he's fast with his mind, and even last year - Rosier had some pretty pockets - he just couldn't hit the receivers. Jarren seems to "feel" it - and it works.

I hear ya', but to paraphrase Richt...

Can "He get us outta bad plays into good ones"?

Can "He get us outta good plays into great ones"?

There's more to it than just being able to throw a pretty ball.

Advertisement
Jarren isn't a paraplegic. He's fast with this throws, he's fast with his mind, and even last year - Rosier had some pretty pockets - he just couldn't hit the receivers. Jarren seems to "feel" it - and it works.
Your explanation may be mute. As of now Rosier is the starter. Therefore comments about Williams may be simply banter that this forum excels at doing.

I hear ya', but to paraphrase Richt...

Can "He get us outta bad plays into good ones"?

Can "He get us outta good plays into great ones"?

There's more to it than just being able to throw a pretty ball.

Naw, man!

Folks on the board have seen high school highlights and flag football scrimmages.

Williams throws the best looking passes ... Williams is the best QB. Case closed!

Advertisement
I get what you're saying about QBs coming in cold & don't disagree, but Evan at Pitt was more "in over his head" than I can remember seeing from a Miami QB. Kirby Freeman had more skills.
You don’t remember Ken Dorsey at VT in 99.

He was cold & missed a few throws but at least got the ball down the field. Shirreffs made it look like we put the ball boy in.

Shirreffs never played more than a series iirc. Big difference

That aside, Evan wasn’t very good and neither is Rosier.

We’re ****ed if Williams or Weldon doesn’t step up. Or Perry

Advertisement
He was cold & missed a few throws but at least got the ball down the field. Shirreffs made it look like we put the ball boy in.
Missed a few throws? Man, all of us in the stands were like, there goes the season.

Shirreffs might not have been the answer, but you just can't judge a guy on 7 throws, or whatever he had. He sucked for a series against Pitt, while Rosier sucked all game long.

Nobody on this forum knows any inside information. To say Rosier given only 20% of offensive plays is a vacuous statement with no facts to back it up. Many posters feel Williams will be starter against LSU. They are posting this with no pertinent inside knowledge. Many posters like to mention things on forum that are not true but want to have other posters think that he has special knowledge about program. Immature adolescents desperately want recognition here even if their posts are worthless.

Majority of posters expect Williams to be starter this year. They might be same people that wanted Snd expected Perry to be starter last year. It seems to be that these adolescent posters simply want to be contrary to the direction that the powers that be are heading. Sign of youthful behavior of going against the establishment. The end of August may be a shock to the Williams groupies as it was for them last year when Perry did not play 1 second during the season.

I was never that high on Perry (got ridiculed for it as a matter of fact) and never expected/wanted him to start last season.

I don't really expect Williams to be the starter this year either but I do believe that he will be our staring QB for 3 years after Rosier leaves.
Perry never made me feel like Williams does. (no homo)

Advertisement
I'm good with anyone besides Malweak.

We already know what he isn't capable of. The list is long.

I just hope Malik makes better decisions this season. He's still gonna be inaccurate. That's not gonna change.

The first pass (?) of the spring game he had Irvin wide open in the flat and the **** kid had to dive for the pass. He's simply...not...good...at...throwing...a football.

He may get the nod due to experience. Maybe he manages the game better than Perry/Williams right now. Maybe he makes the right checks at the line. I don't freakin' know.
I'm definitely interested to see how short Richt keeps the leash though.

Missed a few throws? Man, all of us in the stands were like, there goes the season.

Shirreffs might not have been the answer, but you just can't judge a guy on 7 throws, or whatever he had. He sucked for a series against Pitt, while Rosier sucked all game long.

No no, I was at the Pitt game. He looked like he never played football before.

Advertisement
Back