It's gonna be Jarren

No no, I was at the Pitt game. He looked like he never played football before.
And I was at the VT game in 99 when Dorsey looked like a high school freshman. After that game there was no hope for us to salvage the season. Kenny Kelly was wildly inaccurate all season, and we all desperately wanted a QB that could just hit the targets. After watching Dorsey, no one felt he was the answer. How could anyone be worse than Kenny Kelly? Well, we saw it. Dorsey was terrible. Well, until he got all the reps with the first team, and got some solid game time under his belt.

I won't judge him on a couple series, in crappy situations, no matter how bad he looked. By the way, do you remember Charlie Ward's first 7 throws? Holy ****, I thought it was over for FSU with that scrub back there. They changed the O and he turned into their best QB ever.

Advertisement
Nobody on this forum knows any inside information. To say Rosier given only 20% of offensive plays is a vacuous statement with no facts to back it up. Many posters feel Williams will be starter against LSU. They are posting this with no pertinent inside knowledge. Many posters like to mention things on forum that are not true but want to have other posters think that he has special knowledge about program. Immature adolescents desperately want recognition here even if their posts are worthless.

Majority of posters expect Williams to be starter this year. They might be same people that wanted Snd expected Perry to be starter last year. It seems to be that these adolescent posters simply want to be contrary to the direction that the powers that be are heading. Sign of youthful behavior of going against the establishment. The end of August may be a shock to the Williams groupies as it was for them last year when Perry did not play 1 second during the season.

Feel that most of us last year just didn't wan't Rosier starting because he wasn't highly touted. We saw why during the last 3 games. I wanted Perry to start because of his athleticism. Had only seen that on his highschool tape though. This year from the scrimmages and seeing them both at the spring game I feel that Williams gives us our best shot to win at QB between him and Perry. And if Rosier does not improve from last year, Williams gives us our best shot of the group.

These plays illustrate some of the things I talked about in this thread & they're from our spring game, not high school highlights. Watch the first play. I've never seen Malik or Perry - in his hs highlights - go through their progressions like that & drop a dime to their 3rd or 4th read after stepping up in the pocket.

Being a polished QB isn't about knowing the playbook. It's mechanics, footwork, & ability to read defenses.

These plays illustrate some of the things I talked about in this thread & they're from our spring game, not high school highlights. Watch the first play. I've never seen Malik or Perry - in his hs highlights - go through their progressions like that & drop a dime to their 3rd or 4th read after stepping up in the pocket.

Being a polished QB isn't about knowing the playbook. It's mechanics, footwork, & ability to read defenses.
He certainly does things our other QBs can not do. The O will take off with him under center, especially once he becomes comfortable.

Advertisement

What good does knowing the playbook do when you can’t execute the plays consistently(rosier) due to inaccuracies or whatever the issue may be. Williams showed a lot this spring and is clearly the most talented QB on the roster followed by Perry

Advertisement
Williams and Weldon are pro-style QBS who are very mobile. As for Perry, he’s the best qb to run spread or RPO schemes. With the talent at RB, WR, and incoming TE...spread offense scheme would be explosive. CMR must decide on his system, which is conservative and low risk option. Perry is the best qb for spread and his high school film reflects his skills. Perry will cause DC nightmares with Homer at RB; Richards, Cager, and Thomas at WRs; and Jordan at TE.

Advertisement
Williams and Weldon are pro-style QBS who are very mobile. As for Perry, he’s the best qb to run spread or RPO schemes. With the talent at RB, WR, and incoming TE...spread offense scheme would be explosive. CMR must decide on his system, which is conservative and low risk option. Perry is the best qb for spread and his high school film reflects his skills. Perry will cause DC nightmares with Homer at RB; Richards, Cager, and Thomas at WRs; and Jordan at TE.
Perry is the best QB in the world for sandlot football against weak competition. Sadly, that's not who we play week to week.

Perry is the better qb, but struggling to be a pocket qb in a conservative offensive scheme. Perry is a spread/RPO qb and CMR does not know how to run this system. Rosier ran qb draws not RPO! Why recruit all this talent at skill positions and stay in low risk conservative scheme? As a former qb, I watch Williams in AA game and he doesn’t have the deep ball strength, ask Pope. Rosier is Richt type of qb, fear turnovers and lack game changers skills. Rosier was below average who benefited by the talent of Diaz defense.

Perry is the better qb, but struggling to be a pocket qb in a conservative offensive scheme. Perry is a spread/RPO qb and CMR does not know how to run this system. Rosier ran qb draws not RPO! Why recruit all this talent at skill positions and stay in low risk conservative scheme? As a former qb, I watch Williams in AA game and he doesn’t have the deep ball strength, ask Pope. Rosier is Richt type of qb, fear turnovers and lack game changers skills. Rosier was below average who benefited by the talent of Diaz defense.

You see him miss 2 deep throws the only time you’ve seen him and now he doesn’t have deep ball strength? Lol

That’s like someone only watching the Syracuse game and saying Rosier is a very accurate QB but is hindered by his WRs

Advertisement
I thought Williams over threw the receiver on two deep balls in the AA game after making the right read? Maybe I'm misremembering. In any event, Williams da gaw.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, maybe CMR doesn't want to run that system?

I know it's a crazy concept, but sometimes people choose things that aren't exactly what you'd choose.

If what perry is running is low risk and conservative why is he hovering arounf the 45 to 50 percent mark in terms of completion percentage.

Advertisement
Back