It's gonna be Jarren

SinCityCane

Recruit
I don't know how else to put it - I'm beyond thrilled with the reports & discussion about Jarren this spring. The more I listen to Richt talk about him, watch his film, & read practice reports, the more clear it becomes; Jarren is the QB that will take this team to the next level. Have you ever heard Richt praise Perry's accuracy, decision making & his going through progressions? Watch his interview from Saturday after the scrimmage, at about the 1:30 mark. He later implies Rosier isn't the undisputed starter.

I won't get into body language or verbal cues, but Richt knows he's got a stud. He's being careful with his words, so as not to put out or temper the fire Jarren apparently has lit under his ***, but he's got a good one & he knows it. The thing that's most apparent with Jarren is what he brings to the table mentally. You can sense the intelligence when he talks. When you watch his film, you see him go through his reads & sometimes go to his 3rd or 4th option - things we've never seen Malik (or Perry) do. He's got all the tools physically, but most importantly, he's accurate. Watch him consistently drill his targets, & look at his delivery

Some might say it's just practice video, but when you watch his games you see the same things. The arm strength & accuracy do become a factor when the QB is sharp & knows what he's doing. This isn't a "Greentree All-American". He's a smarter, more physically gifted version of what Malik would be if he was accurate. I don't know how some of you don't see it. It's becoming clear as day. Whether he starts vs. LSU or not, Jarren is the best quarterback on the team & will be the starter at some point this year. Forget about a redshirt. He looks physically ready & I expect him to grind the next few months & learn enough of the playbook to leave Richt no choice. No knock on Kosi; the tools are there, but he should be further along at this point. As long as Jarren can take a hit, I think we've got what we've been waiting for. This team, with an elite QB, is gonna be scary.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know how else to put it - I'm beyond thrilled with the reports & discussion about Jarren this spring. The more I listen to Richt talk about him, watch his film, & read practice reports, the more clear it becomes; Jarren is the QB that will take this team to the next level. Have you ever heard Richt praise Perry's accuracy, decision making & his going through progressions? Watch his interview from Saturday after the scrimmage, at about the 1:30 mark. He later implies Rosier isn't the undisputed starter.

I won't get into body language or verbal cues, but Richt knows he's got a stud. He's being careful with his words, so as not to put out or temper the fire Jarren apparently has lit under his ***, but he's got a good one & he knows it. The thing that's most apparent with Jarren is what he brings to the table mentally. You can sense the intelligence when he talks. When you watch his film, you see him go through his reads & sometimes go to his 3rd or 4th option - things we've never seen Malik (or Perry) do. He's got all the tools physically, but most importantly, he's accurate. Watch him consistently drill his targets, & look at his delivery

Some might say it's just practice video, but when you watch his games you see the same things. The arm strength & accuracy do become a factor when the QB is sharp & knows what he's doing. This isn't a "Greentree All-American". He's a smarter, more physically gifted version of what Malik would be if he was accurate. I don't know how some of you don't see it. It's becoming clear as day. Whether he starts vs. LSU or not, Jarren is the best quarterback on the team & will be the starter at some point this year. Forget about a redshirt. He looks physically ready & I expect him to grind the next few months & learn enough of the playbook to leave Richt no choice. No knock on Kosi; the tools are there, but he should be further along at this point. As long as Jarren can take a hit, I think we've got what we've been waiting for. This team, with an elite QB, is gonna be scary.

I agree with this 100%. I could not have articulated that any better.

I've long held that Weldon will be the one to emerge from the fray. IF IF he can keep his nose clean.

I see him taking over sometime midseason. By August of 2019, it will be Weldon and Williams battling it out, with Perry transferring out and Rosier graduated.

Advertisement
I've long held that Weldon will be the one to emerge from the fray. IF IF he can keep his nose clean.

I see him taking over sometime midseason. By August of 2019, it will be Weldon and Williams battling it out, with Perry transferring out and Rosier graduated.

Far more worried about his eyes. Well I guess you do have to lead with your nose to get *** Eye......Still sounds and smells like a ****** deal to me

Last edited:
I think CMR realizes this early schedule is winnable with a QB who can deliver the ball consistently to the right guys in the right spaces, even if he's doing it with a slimmed down playbook.

If, and it's a big if, Jarren continues to learn at the exponental rate he appears to have been, I can see CMR going with him if he feels the young man is the long term future.

I'd be fine with that, especially when we don't do the VT night game fiasco until Mid November and we get them coming off a bye, By then he will have had enough game experience to be as ready as he can be for that game

Advertisement
Last year it was “N’Kosi da gawww”

Now he’s trash.

It’s Williams da gawww...or wait, is it Weldon da gawww?

Amazing how instead of taking Rick for his word, everyone knows exactly what’s going to happen.

There’s a competition that has yet to play out this summer. Sure anything that’s been said is possible.

But that’s just it. It’s one of several possibilities, the way I see it. Nothing is certain.

They’re all in play, and Williams could even redshirt. Rick hasn’t ruled it in or out.

I don't necessarily disagree with the OP's analysis of Williams but I would disagree with reading ANYTHING into what any coach in America says or displays body language about a QB in April.

In the case of Rick specifically, remember that he basically told Rosier to quit football (if we believe that tale of "You'll never play for me") and now a lot of us are worried that he's TOO loyal to him.

I know it's not as fun but I personally won't start reading tea leaves until we see who is getting the most meaningful reps in the summer.

People ***** about Richts system & play calling but he got 30+ td’s out if Malik Rosier last year. If Williams can be a 60%+ passer night night college football world.
60% AND a better deep ball? I agree with you 100%. If he can get that kind of production from Rosier, a GOOD QB will really have the O humming. Not just the passing stats, but it will help the run game a LOT. That will also help the D... It's about to get really good around here.

Advertisement
Last year it was “N’Kosi da gawww”

Now he’s trash.

It’s Williams da gawww...or wait, is it Weldon da gawww?

Amazing how instead of taking Rick for his word, everyone knows exactly what’s going to happen.

There’s a competition that has yet to play out this summer. Sure anything that’s been said is possible.

But that’s just it. It’s one of several possibilities, the way I see it. Nothing is certain.

They’re all in play, and Williams could even redshirt. Rick hasn’t ruled it in or out.
I never once thought Perry was "Da Gawd". I never saw a lot in Allison, either. I see something completely different in Williams, and if his poise, accuracy, work ethic, and maturity doesn't excite you, I just don't know what to say. He is the most complete QB we have had on our roster in years.

It's still way too early to be making QB predictions but I will say that Jarren Williams is the first freshman QB I've seen here in a long time that actually looks like he knows what he's doing. Maybe the staff needs to go after more of these "finished product" types of recruits rather than the super raw "potential" guys we've been seeing here the last few years.

Although, that could always backfire like it did with Kaaya. He looked really solid as a freshman but never really developed much after that.

I never once thought Perry was "Da Gawd". I never saw a lot in Allison, either. I see something completely different in Williams, and if his poise, accuracy, work ethic, and maturity doesn't excite you, I just don't know what to say. He is the most complete QB we have had on our roster in years.

I’m optimistic, given time, about him developing into a very good quarterback, although none of us have seen him take a live snap in a real tackle football game outside of maybe 10 spring practice snaps.

I’m not ready to go into flights of fancy and projecting magical futures without cold hard facts staring me in the face. Those will come starting August 1st.

In the meantime, you can try to decipher who’s working the hardest during the “off season” self directed workouts between now and then. Good luck.

I'd like to join the hype train/bus because I also think Jarren will take the offense to the next level, but I also recall Richt singing the praises of Sherriff's knowledge of the playbook and not turning the ball over last Spring too to the point some of us thought he was likely going to get the job over Malik. So there's that.

Advertisement
Back