It's gonna be Jarren

Did I say Shirreffs was Joe Montana just now?

Rosier wasn’t named starter until after final scrimmage of August. He barely beat out Shirreffs. Who, according to you, barely beat out Vinny Jr.

But let’s pretend if Rosier is merely getting pushed by a guy or two this year (freshmen) that we’re in good shape.

Rosier was named the starter after the second scrimmage. Shirreffs didn't play in the third scrimmage at all. Richt's likes the first team to be put under pressure so he sets it up where they're down big to the scout team and sees if they can come back in one half of ball. So that third scrimmage was all Rosier.

Advertisement
I thought the “Rosier barely beat out Shirreffs” narrative was already put to bed??

:snoopfacepalm:

Guess not ...

Rosier was named the starter after the second scrimmage. Shirreffs didn't play in the third scrimmage at all. Richt's likes the first team to be put under pressure so he sets it up where they're down big to the scout team and sees if they can come back in one half of ball. So that third scrimmage was all Rosier.

Good catch. Edited to “before”.
He still got named before final scrimmage. And posters on here were claiming Shirreffs was close or better in practice. I believe some had seen practices.

It was not a situation where Rosier had it in the bag as people are now claiming. We were in a bad situation last August w Kaaya leaving and Allison leaving. We had 2 guys w offers from Ark State and Columbia duking it out for QB1.

We need an actual talented QB to leave Rosier in the dust sooner rather than later.

Not pushing him. Evan Shirreffs did that. Leave him in the dust.

People just make shlt up and rewrite history on here willy nilly. It’s hilarious.

Advertisement
If he only possesses the physical aspects but not the mental, he's not a polished QB. He's just a guy throwing a football.
NA Macho knows better. He seen it all. LOL.

Richt is lookin at the little things.. all the CIS insiders need to look at the little things rather than he threw a great fade route.

Its whatever, lets see how he looks in Aug. I said my prediction and I had formulated that based on what I saw, in person and in video. Lets see if the young man can turn it up a notch.

Looks like Kosi is quickly becoming the forgotten man though...

Advertisement
How exactly do we know we only used 20% of the O?

Not doubting that fact....I just haven’t seen that figure reported anywhere.
Nobody on this forum knows any inside information. To say Rosier given only 20% of offensive plays is a vacuous statement with no facts to back it up. Many posters feel Williams will be starter against LSU. They are posting this with no pertinent inside knowledge. Many posters like to mention things on forum that are not true but want to have other posters think that he has special knowledge about program. Immature adolescents desperately want recognition here even if their posts are worthless.
I'm tellin ya...

I'm driving the Williams bus. Get on b!tches.
Majority of posters expect Williams to be starter this year. They might be same people that wanted Snd expected Perry to be starter last year. It seems to be that these adolescent posters simply want to be contrary to the direction that the powers that be are heading. Sign of youthful behavior of going against the establishment. The end of August may be a shock to the Williams groupies as it was for them last year when Perry did not play 1 second during the season.

If you watched the offense last year, you know the playbook was scaled down. I don't mean that they purposely eliminated a bunch of plays but they purposely made the reads and decisions easier for Rosier. It's like they cut the field in half on every passing play and worked from there. It's not uncommon for teams to do that with inexperienced QBs. Most high schools, even ones running spread offenses, do this purposely.

Jarren Williams is already the most physically polished passer on the roster. His footwork and mechanics are superior to Perry or Rosier. He was the only one who kept his eyes downfield while scrambling in the spring too. It's obvious his level of high school coaching was much better than anything the other guys had received. I'm confident that with a little more time to master the play book and verbage, he will be capable of running the offense at least in the capacity that Malik ran it last season. I'd be shocked if he was red shirted this year.

The Williams hype is far more warranted than the Perry hype last year. The Perry hype was mostly out of desperation and some false information being spread here by a few CIS "insiders". This year, we've actually seen some of the scrimmages and the entire spring game. There's legit reasons for optimism that Williams can not only push Rosier but maybe take the job (I'm not completely sold on that yet).

If you watched the offense last year, you know the playbook was scaled down. I don't mean that they purposely eliminated a bunch of plays but they purposely made the reads and decisions easier for Rosier. It's like they cut the field in half on every passing play and worked from there. It's not uncommon for teams to do that with inexperienced QBs. Most high schools, even ones running spread offenses, do this purposely.

Jarren Williams is already the most physically polished passer on the roster. His footwork and mechanics are superior to Perry or Rosier. He was the only one who kept his eyes downfield while scrambling in the spring too. It's obvious his level of high school coaching was much better than anything the other guys had received. I'm confident that with a little more time to master the play book and verbage, he will be capable of running the offense at least in the capacity that Malik ran it last season. I'd be shocked if he was red shirted this year.

The Williams hype is far more warranted than the Perry hype last year. The Perry hype was mostly out of desperation and some false information being spread here by a few CIS "insiders". This year, we've actually seen some of the scrimmages and the entire spring game. There's legit reasons for optimism that Williams can not only push Rosier but maybe take the job (I'm not completely sold on that yet).
That and the fact that N'Kosi last year had that James Blackman physique going on, he simply was not physically ready. Jarren right now has the build to play QB and withstand hits. There really is very little comparison of Jarren this year to N'Kosi last year other than it was their first year at Miami.

Did I say Shirreffs was Joe Montana just now?

Rosier wasn’t named starter until before final scrimmage of August. He barely beat out Shirreffs. Who, according to you, barely beat out Vinny Jr.

But let’s pretend if Rosier is merely getting pushed by a guy or two this year (freshmen) that we’re in good shape.

No. You said Rosier barely beat out Sherrifs which is incorrect.

Advertisement
What’s the short version of what he said re: QBs?

CMR said Malik is the guy if we were playing right now; And he expects him to continue to be the leader through the summer, getting the guys together without the coaches ... Just as he did last summer. He wants him to act like the leader because he is the leader.

Perry is very talented with his arm and legs, and is learning the playbook.

Weldon did well in his limited sample size.

Williams is a better passer than he expected. Very accurate. But he doesn't really know what they are doing.

Yeah pal. Rosier blew him away and got named QB1 11 days before game 1. LMAO all spring and 2/3 of August to separate from Evan Shirreffs.

You do realize Rosier was QB1 all of last spring, summer, and fall, right?

Don't let the media announcement cloud your vision on this ...

Exclude any of the Shirreffs hype from DMoney and Pete, and it's obvious that Rosier has always been the starter ... Even if it wasn't "official" to the media and fans until just before the season.

But anyone who has ever played on a team knows that the starters are the guys who get the most reps with the 1s ... And that's been Rosier for the past 2 springs.

The "Shirreffs might start" train was always fantasy. Look no further than why he transferred out when CMR said the QB spot was open. If he was really close to taking the job from Rosier, he would have stayed for the chance to start the next 2 years. But he knew he was QB2 in name, only ... Because they didn't want to burn the redshirts for Perry and Weldon.

Advertisement
You do realize Rosier was QB1 all of last spring, summer, and fall, right?

Don't let the media announcement cloud your vision on this ...

Exclude any of the Shirreffs hype from DMoney and Pete, and it's obvious that Rosier has always been the starter ... Even if it wasn't "official" to the media and fans until just before the season.

But anyone who has ever played on a team knows that the starters are the guys who get the most reps with the 1s ... And that's been Rosier for the past 2 springs.

The "Shirreffs might start" train was always fantasy. Look no further than why he transferred out when CMR said the QB spot was open. If he was really close to taking the job from Rosier, he would have stayed for the chance to start the next 2 years. But he knew he was QB2 in name, only ... Because they didn't want to burn the redshirts for Perry and Weldon.

Thank you.

Thank you.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...807-story.html
http://caneswatch.blog.mypalmbeachpo...unk-candidate/
http://caneswatch.blog.mypalmbeachpo...e-acc-kickoff/
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/08/14...b-competition/

And then when Richt finally did name Rosier the starter, he had this to say ( on August 22, 2017)
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/co...168588397.html
Richt said Rosier stood out above the rest, but not by “an unbelievable amount,’’ although “it was apparent he was having the best camp. There was enough of a difference to feel comfortable that Malik is the guy.’’

CMR said Malik is the guy if we were playing right now; And he expects him to continue to be the leader through the summer, getting the guys together without the coaches ... Just as he did last summer. He wants him to act like the leader because he is the leader.

Perry is very talented with his arm and legs, and is learning the playbook.

Weldon did well in his limited sample size.

Williams is a better passer than he expected. Very accurate. But he doesn't really know what they are doing.

Thanks for the synopsis

Advertisement
Back