It all comes down to money and courage

Whatever must be done eventually, should be done immediately.
This right here. Unless Manny will be owed millions more, with an emphasis on the plural part, now, compared to the end of the year or after Jan 1 you drop the hammer now. The hole is only getting deeper.

Advertisement
The straw in that equation and what screws us again(in a Rob Schneider voice) is Jenn strawley... Because what we at the University of Miami continually do is employ individuals who went to our rival schools. You really think they want to see us back.
@Poopscoop i would figure if Flake gets canned and certain BOT members lose power she’s out too. Just like a coaching staff. Who backs Strawley? Bass?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario is the only answer for this program. I don't get anyone who does not agree or see this. For all of the ***** ups this administration made with the Manny hire, we have to go all in plus some to get him here.

Advertisement
If the school isn't footing the bill, I'm assuming the school pays a similar amount to now for a new staff. I'm also assuming it's gonna be full of killers. @Cribby, elite staff to go along with MC?

This is home , his alma mater and his wife wants to be back here. Its definitely possible.
Anything is possible, but it’s not likely. This being home and his alma mater didnt stop him from going to bama And recruiting against us in Miamis backyard. Miami isn’t even a lateral move to Oregon, it’s a demotion. It would be like biElema leaving a good thing in Wisconsin and going to Arkansas. The last five coaches, I’m including manny as a prediction, have all been worse off after coaching at Miami…Mario is smart enough to see this. he’s not going to be blinded by the good ole days nostalgia

U
Anything is possible, but it’s not likely. This being home and his alma mater didnt stop him from going to bama And recruiting against us in Miamis backyard. Miami isn’t even a lateral move to Oregon, it’s a demotion. It would be like biElema leaving a good thing in Wisconsin and going to Arkansas. The last five coaches, I’m including manny as a prediction, have all been worse off after coaching at Miami…Mario is smart enough to see this. he’s not going to be blinded by the good ole days nostalgia
He wasn't the head coach , how about using apples to apples. He left a huge **** to go learn under arguably the greatest coach ever. This is more than nostalgia , this is him and his wife's home and she wants to be here. There's also people far more knowledgeable about the situation and their chances than posters on a message board. They think they have a legit shot to pull him here, so do former players. Will he for sure come? That's not a given but theres plenty of folks confident he would. And they know him way better than anyone here.

Advertisement
I wonder if, who ever is willing to pony up the $ for Cristobal, offered last time around?

If so, can UM sue Blake lol?

I'm assuming Cristobal will have a 'suggestion' on ADs.

Anybody know any names ?

We just have to cut straight to the chase and offer him $10 million per year. No debates about "is he worth it" or "who else we could have gotten for that money".

Saban is not walking through that door. Swinney is not walking through that door. Meyer is not walking through that door.

If you have a guy who is good and wants to coach for the U, pay that man. Let's not try to debate whether we can get him for $6.75 million. We gave Temple $4 million for Manny's two week notice.

Again, I am not definitely saying that Mario is the one-and-only person to contact, but if we decide to go in that direction, don't try to negotiate a bargain price. Pay the money and STFU.
He’s the best realistic candidate. Go look at the rest of top 10, **** even the top 15 in CFB right now, how many of those coaches are coming to Miami?

I was never on the Mario Cristobal train, but after the Manny Diaz era I think it is exactly what we need.

At least with him we will have a cutthroat attitude and won't be happy about winning by 2 points against App State. He is a players coach, but they also respect him unlike what it seems with Diaz. They cost us 15 yards because of a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty they aren't going to see the field the next play.

Plus if that recruiting rumor was true, when he was here, about him cursing out the other coach he is exactly the bad a** we need here

Advertisement
I was never on the Mario Cristobal train, but after the Manny Diaz era I think it is exactly what we need.

At least with him we will have a cutthroat attitude and won't be happy about winning by 2 points against App State. He is a players coach, but they also respect him unlike what it seems with Diaz. They cost us 15 yards because of a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty they aren't going to see the field the next play.

Plus if that recruiting rumor was true, when he was here, about him cursing out the other coach he is exactly the bad a** we need here
Exactly where I was and am at. Ideally I wanted an offensive system guy, but at this point we need someone who is going to instill toughness, discipline, and be detail oriented. His floor is high and if we’re being honest, the ceiling is something we need to cross if and when that bridge comes.

IMO, we could get Cristobal right now if Miami were willing to do what A&M and Michigan did. And we should take action sooner, not later.

Manny was a bad hire, and even after 5 years in the program is in over his head. Richt left the program with no obligations. Time to admit failure on the Manny experiment. take on whatever debt is needed to bring in a heavy hitter, and get this program back to relevance.
Lane Kiffin>Mario Cristobal

Advertisement
Back