Issues with coach Mike Rumph

Whoa CIS folks! We have really good DBs coming already. Maybe the AH2 were afraid of the competition (I hope Blades, Frierson, Ivey, Hall and Bethel are reading this). Or maybe they wanted to leave home for college. Or maybe they wanted to play at the two schools who just played in the National Championship game. Whatever their reasons, we have excellent DBs coming in (hopefully with a chip on their shoulders at the rating system). Someone mentioned Ed Reed above. Many of you will recall that Ed Reed was a 2 star recruit. The sky is not falling and our coaching staff and recruiters are plenty competent. So far we’ve gotten better as a team every year. This year our recruiting team rank is higher than any of the 4 years that led Clemson to a national championship and three straight final fours. Suck it up and keep the faith, we’re still moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afraid of the competition yet they went to UGA and Bama who both have stacked DB depth.

Advertisement
Should’ve hired Surtain as Mike Rumph did chit in the league. Surtain takes the same AH team and goes 28-0 w them. Efff!

Marco
Henderson
Edwards
S.Davis

Campbell
PS2
Samuel

Will this guy ever land an elite CB lol ?

Blades don't count. He would of been a cane no matter what

Blades does count...how TF does he not count? Can't cherry pick examples to fit your narrative. We got Frierson, Ivey (which is severely underrated still even with the 4th star), and Hall (Elite Safety). Tell me again how we blew it?

Blades and frierson are legacy's..

Blades would of been a cane no matter who the coach was

Advertisement
But did you see how he developed Michael Jackson, Malek Young, and Trajan Bandy. He made Michael Jackson one of the best cover corners in CFB last year.

Marco
Henderson
Edwards
S.Davis

Campbell
PS2
Samuel

Will this guy ever land an elite CB lol ?

Blades don't count. He would of been a cane no matter what

He's done a good job with what he's had. The talent hasn't been up to par back there (at least for Miami which should always be loaded with CBs).

4* Blades
4* Frierson
4* Ivey
3* Bethel

Already the best CB class in a decade. Also the 2nd best in FBS this cycle. But carry on.....

Not so sure about that. IMO Frierson and Blades are better off at S, though they will have to play CB by necessity. And Blades didn't even start on his H.S. team. Also Ivey isn't a consensus 4*.

There's no doubt it's a very nice DB haul. There's also no doubt it should have been better given the ridiculous amount of talent in South Florida this year (combined with our need).

In '19 we need lockdown CBs. I hope they put someone other than Rumph on that assignment!

It’s time for The U and the alums to black ball Chad. Guy is a huge b*tch that has hurt his alma mater more than helped. Our receivers are going to sodomize his son in 2019

I get it but I can't blame dude when we take guys like Ryan Mayes over his kids who was a better prospect. We turned around this year and did the same thing by taking Bethel over Divaad. (beefing or not)

If it were me I wouldn't down my school but wouldn't be going out of my way to get top kid to go there either especially when we've taken almost every Canes legacy but his kids. If that makes sense.

Miami have to stop wasting time on kids that don't wanna come to Miami

Yup. We will be better served looking for kids that bleed orange and green.
I hope you two are joking because this a stupid ******* idea. Do you not know what recruiting means?

I swear we have the dumbest, least knowledgeable fan base.

You say that but then make a dumb post. in recruiting the player has interest in the schools they select. Schools they don't have interest in they don't go to ala surtain and campbell.

It’s time for The U and the alums to black ball Chad. Guy is a huge b*tch that has hurt his alma mater more than helped. Our receivers are going to sodomize his son in 2019

I get it but I can't blame dude when we take guys like Ryan Mayes over his kids who was a better prospect. We turned around this year and did the same thing by taking Bethel over Divaad. (beefing or not)

If it were me I wouldn't down my school but wouldn't be going out of my way to get top kid to go there either especially when we've taken almost every Canes legacy but his kids. If that makes sense.

Yes but that issue with Choad is purely a Golden issue and has nothing to do with UM in general. I get the fact that Choad might be ****ed at the way his son's recruitment was handled by his Alma Mater but again, he must realize that was the doing of one man Al Golden. Choad needs to realize that, move on and stop treating this program as if it is the enemy which it is not.

Advertisement
Whoa CIS folks! We have really good DBs coming already. Maybe the AH2 were afraid of the competition (I hope Blades, Frierson, Ivey, Hall and Bethel are reading this). Or maybe they wanted to leave home for college. Or maybe they wanted to play at the two schools who just played in the National Championship game. Whatever their reasons, we have excellent DBs coming in (hopefully with a chip on their shoulders at the rating system). Someone mentioned Ed Reed above. Many of you will recall that Ed Reed was a 2 star recruit. The sky is not falling and our coaching staff and recruiters are plenty competent. So far we’ve gotten better as a team every year. This year our recruiting team rank is higher than any of the 4 years that led Clemson to a national championship and three straight final fours. Suck it up and keep the faith, we’re still moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afraid of the competition yet they went to UGA and Bama who both have stacked DB depth.

Lol i cant with some of these fans i cant

If some are going to cape for Rumph even after embarrassingly missing on Campbell & Surtain, then they'll make excuses for absolutely anything.

And they'll be the same dopey dip****s optimistically falling for trolls at this time next year when we miss on the Dent's and Stevenson's of South Florida once again. They never learn or hold anyone accountable.

01 spitting the gospel. Rumph feels like nothing is wrong with his level of recruiting and actually probably patted himself on the back on a job well done. Meanwhile Satan and dumb cracking bottles of champagne cherry picking which ever elite prospects they want. Mutha flucker let Georgia ease right down to South Florida and grab a db group that depending on who you ask is better than one rump assembled. Jobe is a prick but the fact is Satan wanted jobe and surtain and who did he get.

Rumph is the nerd at prom hoping some girl gets drunk enough to forget he's a loser and ***** him.

Advertisement
Miami have to stop wasting time on kids that don't wanna come to Miami

Yup. We will be better served looking for kids that bleed orange and green.
I hope you two are joking because this a stupid ******* idea. Do you not know what recruiting means?

I swear we have the dumbest, least knowledgeable fan base.

You say that but then make a dumb post. in recruiting the player has interest in the schools they select. Schools they don't have interest in they don't go to ala surtain and campbell.

Thats why i say recruit out of state more since we know some of our coaches can't convince these kids to stay home we need to go out there and find the brevin jordans of the world, the elite kids that wanna be canes

Advertisement

If he's butthurt about his kid, fine. At the very least be indifferent. He goes out of his way to bash our program. He lets his kids bash our program. The same program that let him transfer in when his program folded up. The same program that made him who he is. And the same program that let him come back to finish his degree so his jock sniffing, vindictive *** could function in society. You don't **** on the people who made you. It was a mistake to not offer his son. I think any sane fan and coach would acknowledge that, but to take shot after shot at your alma mater is b*tch made.

What happened yesterday speaks more about the kids, than Rumph. Conventional wisdom says he should have gotten them, but it wasn't a conventional situation. With PS2 this year and Marco last year, he just wasn't as plugged into these Heritage dbs because of who their fathers are....and TC is in the same room with them all the time. Rumph's knowledge/presence was simply a luxury and they probably thought they got all they could from him. Where I fault Rumph and the entire staff, is in not using his relationship to identify early that TC would be a tough pull. You identify that early and then prioritizes guys like Divaad Wilson and Samuels jr. You leave one or two spots open for guys like TC or PS2. if they come great, if not, no worries.

The fact is that you don't need an ace db recruiter in south florida. If you have a good db coach, the position will recruit itself. There are just too many quality db prospects down here. All Rumph has to do is start making a name for himself as a good db coach, the recruiting thing may come with time. And I care more about getting 5* DL and OL then I do 5* dbs. Its nice, but its a luxury. Last I checked, Rumph probably helped us get Nesta and Herbert. Those two will mean a lot more in the long run. We just cant keep F-ing up depth, by not identify real targets early. Kool has really done a much worse(if not **** poor job) than Rumph recruiting. We just lucky with Miller. And unless we are really going to a 4-2-5, Diaz was pretty dumb only taking one linebacker when guys might leave early next year. Our depth issues will be because of incompetence by the staff and no other reason.

Advertisement
Back