Is this tweet from Manny a sign that the culture is finally changing?

The fondest memory I’ll have of Rick is him voluntarily leaving before he destroyed the program.

And, make no mistake, had he returned this season, he would have done irreparable harm. The program was circling the drain at light speed. Our LBs would have left. The guy hired fcking Panda and Patke as his DCs. One was flipping bottles a couple years ago and the other was a grad assistant two years ago. Instead of pilfering the portal, we would have been losing guys to it. Recruiting was a complete disaster too.

Rick was good enough to realize he was rapidly destroying his alma mater and would have left a total disaster if he had hung around waiting for James to fire him.

Exactly my point.

All the positive things he did to help sanitize the nasty ho' stank left over on the sheets from the Shannon/Golden 2:00 a.m. last call reach around, would have evaporated (rapidly) if he had stayed.

Good for him for being a big man about it.

Advertisement
I hope the majority of our fan base is less flighty and prone to sudden emotional breakdowns than most of the feeble-minded simps who clog the CIS drain like a painkiller constipation ****.

What this program needs right now is a chance to breathe like a nice bottle of grape. Don’t panic if we’re not up 31-0 after the first quarter of game 1. And don’t set everyone up for failure by clamoring about a NC if we win game one.

Instead, sit back, and watch for overall trends. Don’t be a sissy who panics at the first sign of adversity or starts making wedding plans at the first sign of prosperity.

You guys prone to looking for validation for being first on a message board should get all your sissified predictions on record now for the sake of preserving them and declaring yourself heroes if Manny fails. That way the rest of us can try to enjoy the beginning of this ride without having to be reminded every 5 minutes how you were the first to bytch about us hiring Manny or how Penos was an obvious failure based on his time at Central Michigan.

Manny is going to need a little time. I’m not talking the idiotic Dawn Ballbag JR ten year plan. But he will require some time just like every other coach who has taken over a struggling marquee program. He might prove, even with some time, that time wasn’t enough. But if the dopey fans immediately turn on him trying to prove how astute they are, then the program will NEVER get right. Nothing will destroy our chances to turn this program around faster than the fanbase going toxic. If that happens, recruiting will tank, and it’ll be a rap on the Diaz era before it had a chance.

I point you to Dabo, who I equate to Manny as a “have fun playing football but outwork everyone in the process” HC. Had social media been squealing like the buttfcked pig it is today back when Dabo was struggling early, they definitely would have fired him. And they never would have had the chance to enjoy the program they have today.

Mods, can we get this pinned separately at the top of the board?

No

No tweets

Online bull****

Anything

The culture isnt changed until our kids are as mad as Devin Hester was after losing to UNC in 2004.

**** every media driven bull**** hopes and dreams maybe insert meme piece of crap you see.

BEAT UF OR GTFOH

Our schedule is ******* ***.

BEAT UF

Manny cant claim a ******* thing until gameday results.

ZERO

WIN OR GTFOH

Having said that Manny is Cuban Johnson until proven otherwise. A+ offseason.
This is a weird post.

Advertisement
You sir are cluess to mention coach richt and the penn disgrace morons in the same sentence, unless last year was your first year watching UM football, before you make that mistake again, read this:

Coach richt's 3 year UM headcoaching resume:
* First 10 win season at UM in over 13years
* First legitimate/straight up on the field got it done coastal division champs
* First ACC Championship game appearance
* 2 game winning streak against Fsu
* Ended Fsu 7 game streak against us
* First Bowl game victory in 10yrs
* Coach of the year
* 2 freshmen 1st team all everything in Ahmon richards and brevin jordan
* #1 pass defense in the nation
* Argubably #1 defense in the nation considering we had no punting game and bottom feeder qb play with glimpses of potential
* Indoor practice facility
* Re-energized the program
* Upgraded the talent and speed on the roster
* Punished notre shame

Ill stop their, but this should be clear!
original.gif

Reread post. Still not impressed by winning a bowl game or winning 10 games in the coastal with Florida talent. Maybe you’re the ****** ****** who wanted to keep richt based on those sorry accolades.

No worries, you're a lost cause, carry on!

Advertisement
We tried that the last 2 coaches. The only thing that scares me about manny is that we are very average in the coaching department defensively. He also hasn’t shown much on the trail re: LBs.

Will see what happens

Average coaches on defense... or average recruiters on defense?

So far I’d have to say our defensive coaching has been pretty good..

The fondest memory I’ll have of Rick is him voluntarily leaving before he destroyed the program.

And, make no mistake, had he returned this season, he would have done irreparable harm. The program was circling the drain at light speed. Our LBs would have left. The guy hired fcking Panda and Patke as his DCs. One was flipping bottles a couple years ago and the other was a grad assistant two years ago. Instead of pilfering the portal, we would have been losing guys to it. Recruiting was a complete disaster too.

Rick was good enough to realize he was rapidly destroying his alma mater and would have left a total disaster if he had hung around waiting for James to fire him.

100!!!!

Advertisement
Unfortunately, most of the simps on here aren’t all that invested in UM. They’re just here to scream “fire!” in a crowded theater. Bunch of nerds with nothing going on, so they pop in here to vomit on the floor in an effort to spread their disease of misery to the rest of us.

As for Dabo, I truly believe that if the internet and social media was raging as hard as it is now back when Dabo went 4-3 as an interim HC there’s no way he would have survived at Clemson. Then, he followed that up with the desultory results you laid out. There’s no way he would have survived with those results in 2016-19 when Twitter and message boards exploded.

@The Franchise @OriginalCanesCanesCanes

There is not one thing I can think of in adding that these two dudes haven’t covered.

True experienced players right there, GOCANES05 and Huge desk “ slow clap”

EPIC🙌

GOCANES

We can debate coach M. Richt's tenure here to our hearts content but the fact is he did not create a highly competitive squad. We all know where he fvcked up since it was evident in the big games, and not by playing the Coastal marshmallows. Bringing up the records of other coaches is useless... does anybody think that MR was on the verge of turning the U around in his 4th or 5th or 6th year? I'll let you football experts speculate about that but I saw enough out of him to have an answer... coach have you bought an RV yet cause this is a beautiful country.

Gonna call this post 'Carl Williams' -- because it's the truth

Advertisement
the fact he was willing to give up DC showed me he was serious. in contrast to richt wit the it will be fun to call plays or golden coaching ST.

This and demoting his boys on defense. There's no doubt he's serious, but show

This and pushing for the IPF. Those aside, he was on the verge of destroying the program.

Advertisement
Back