Is this tweet from Manny a sign that the culture is finally changing?

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
I hope that’s what it means.

Fingers crossed. Manny’s great with the social media hype, but there has to be real substance. Not just talking the talk, but walking the walk.

He’s said this himself..he knows he has to put up. So I’m counting he and the players do.

My first toast of the day goes to our servicemen. My second, to Manny and the players, and hopefully changing the culture. Show me this season.

Advertisement
Although all first year coaches are "at their best" before their first game of their first season .... we had little accountability under CMR ... have to think this will change under a new coach coach trying to make a name vs a head coach who was ridding into the sunset

Advertisement
Although all first year coaches are "at their best" before their first game of their first season .... we had little accountability under CMR ... have to think this will change under a new coach coach trying to make a name vs a head coach who was ridding into the sunset
Richt’s problem was the same as Golden’s problem. They both want to run there program based on a bygone era of past success. They were incapable of critically evaluating the program and their own coaching philosophies. They blamed everything on the players. I honestly believe Manny is cut from a different cloth and things will change. Not saying it will happen overnight or even this first year, but I believe Manny is the right guy for the job!

Yes, I also appreciate and salute our service men and women.

This is a good sign for now. As everyone knows, we will know if the culture is really changing about halfway through the season. Or when adversity really happens.

Our QB play will speak volumes about this. We need a QB that takes it like an opportunity to try and become a pro. We have not had that since Dorsey. Maybe Berlin.

The culture is 100% changing—but needs to be viewed on a macro level, not micro.

For all the fans who talk about Manny's social media prowess—the real story is how people choose to dissect every thing he posts, making more of it than they should.

Great. Guys are working out this weekend. That's what you're supposed to do if you want to become a contender.

Where this thing is going to go off the rails; that first lost of 2019. A lot of people are setting Manny up to fail due to their immediate expectations and desire to succeed / be relevant.

Seen lots of posts where people talking about having a good feeling about this year—and even one weeks back where dude was worried about Manny losing the team / fan support if the Canes fell behind against the likes of Virginia and North Carolina, coming back late to win—meaning Miami would have already beat #8 Florida in Orlando and would still get out to a 5-0 start; but falling behind against a few "lesser" conference opponents would be a death blow, of sorts.

Fact is, this team went 7-6 last season and lost it's way—just like it did at the end of 2017, when the close-call games, miracle finishes and comebacks were no more (re: FSU, GT, Cuse, UNC, UVA). Pittsburgh punched Miami in the mouth, to the point where the Canes didn't even show up against Clemson a week later—all the air was out of the balloon. A gift opportunity to play Wisconsin at 'home' for the Orange Bowl—and ****ed away an early lead, crumbling late.

Lost to LSU to start last season, beat up a few nobodies to get a win-streak going, fell in a massive hole against a ****** Florida State team and won by a miracle—only to drop four in a row after that.

Losing to Virginia was "forgivable"—night road game after an emotional win. Those games are tricky, but everyone gets a mulligan. The issue was losing at Boston College TWO WEEKS LATER and still looking shell-shocked. Toss in the following loss at home to a crap Duke team and then running out of gas against Georgia Tech and 5-1 became 5-5 in a flash.

THAT is what Diaz has to change immediately—and hopefully will; this all bark, no bite culture where guys weren't resilient or didn't see a bigger picture.

Yes wins and losses define seasons—but it's more about the type of team Diaz fields and their overall attitude in 2019. The goal is to win the Coastal and to get a crack at the defending national champs in the ACC title. Miami has won the Coastal once in 15 tries; an atrocious, unthinkable stat when this program joined the new conference in 2004.

Beating Florida would be gravy—but all these guys talking about how losing to the Gators would "kill recruiting". No, losing four in a row against mid-level ACC talent kills recruiting—not dropping a season opener. 9-3 and Miami would've won the Coastal last year. Going 7-5 put them third in a crap division. That won't fly.

Really hope people can evaluate the season come late December / early January and not before.

Curious how much of this pro-Diaz crowd wanted him fired after Miami lost the opener to LSU last year—as there was a lengthy thread on another Canes site calling for his head immediately after the game ended.

Fans need to breathe and start looking at the bigger picture, lest they lose their minds.

What Diaz has done the short time he has been here already tells you the culture of the team has changed.yes already sent some players packing who couldn't cut it here.I'm pretty sure there will be a few others.went into sabans backyard to get oc.threw a kegger \beer party for hs coaches at the same place fsu was holding a clinic for hs coaches.Diaz has huge cahunas \nuts\balls don't think we have too much to worry about.question is are the fans here going to be patient and Diaz do what needs to be done.or are we going to berade and call him out if next couple seasons don't meet the fans expectations.we've waited 19 long suffering years to finally get a good coach who understands what Miami is about.under Diaz within 3 yrs Miami will be competing for and win a conference championship and nc.

Advertisement
The culture is 100% changing—but needs to be viewed on a macro level, not micro.

For all the fans who talk about Manny's social media prowess—the real story is how people choose to dissect every thing he posts, making more of it than they should.

Great. Guys are working out this weekend. That's what you're supposed to do if you want to become a contender.

Where this thing is going to go off the rails; that first lost of 2019. A lot of people are setting Manny up to fail due to their immediate expectations and desire to succeed / be relevant.

Seen lots of posts where people talking about having a good feeling about this year—and even one weeks back where dude was worried about Manny losing the team / fan support if the Canes fell behind against the likes of Virginia and North Carolina, coming back late to win—meaning Miami would have already beat #8 Florida in Orlando and would still get out to a 5-0 start; but falling behind against a few "lesser" conference opponents would be a death blow, of sorts.

Fact is, this team went 7-6 last season and lost it's way—just like it did at the end of 2017, when the close-call games, miracle finishes and comebacks were no more (re: FSU, GT, Cuse, UNC, UVA). Pittsburgh punched Miami in the mouth, to the point where the Canes didn't even show up against Clemson a week later—all the air was out of the balloon. A gift opportunity to play Wisconsin at 'home' for the Orange Bowl—and ****ed away an early lead, crumbling late.

Lost to LSU to start last season, beat up a few nobodies to get a win-streak going, fell in a massive hole against a ****** Florida State team and won by a miracle—only to drop four in a row after that.

Losing to Virginia was "forgivable"—night road game after an emotional win. Those games are tricky, but everyone gets a mulligan. The issue was losing at Boston College TWO WEEKS LATER and still looking shell-shocked. Toss in the following loss at home to a crap Duke team and then running out of gas against Georgia Tech and 5-1 became 5-5 in a flash.

THAT is what Diaz has to change immediately—and hopefully will; this all bark, no bite culture where guys weren't resilient or didn't see a bigger picture.

Yes wins and losses define seasons—but it's more about the type of team Diaz fields and their overall attitude in 2019. The goal is to win the Coastal and to get a crack at the defending national champs in the ACC title. Miami has won the Coastal once in 15 tries; an atrocious, unthinkable stat when this program joined the new conference in 2004.

Beating Florida would be gravy—but all these guys talking about how losing to the Gators would "kill recruiting". No, losing four in a row against mid-level ACC talent kills recruiting—not dropping a season opener. 9-3 and Miami would've won the Coastal last year. Going 7-5 put them third in a crap division. That won't fly.

Really hope people can evaluate the season come late December / early January and not before.

Curious how much of this pro-Diaz crowd wanted him fired after Miami lost the opener to LSU last year—as there was a lengthy thread on another Canes site calling for his head immediately after the game ended.

Fans need to breathe and start looking at the bigger picture, lest they lose their minds.
Richt..I saw a team last year with no leadership on a player level. Obviously on offense.

I saw a offense of line that we all knew was the question mark, get absolutely exposed.

Fast forward 12 months later and the 2nd part is still true. I love the energy manny has put in the program in the off season. But it’s the off season. **** dont matter until we strap it up. Manny is putting on his best Jerry Jones act on social media, which I like. Come August we gonna see if we have some substance.

See what character this team has now

You better get TF outta here with a this rational thinking before August! Füçk is wrong with you?!

I would still feel better had we a head coach that actually had something to compare this to, meaning he had experience previously, had tasted the failures of the mistakes you inevitably make and had learned from those missteps from their past. JJ came in here after eating **** sandwiches in the Big 8 for years and when he finally got the keys to the Ferrari he drove it like a bat out of ****. Manny may have that kind of intensity but he hasn't earned any of it the hard way. The guy that earns enough money to choose his own sports car is apt to understand what it took to get to that point than the young kid whose dad just bought him a Ferrari for his 16th birthday. I am hoping for the best but usually this much hype means less than the expected results, we should have found that guy that knows what it feels like from their past, we shall see, hope I am proven wrong.

Advertisement
Lots of energy and passion 🤗....so far looking very good!!😁...

But will it last over the entire season??

TBD

Stay tuned

Last edited:
A BIG Thank Youto all our Servicemen and Servicewomen who put their lives on the line so that we all may enjoy the fruits of Freedom in this great country!!!

As to Manolo and football, I hear what the elders are saying regarding Diaz supposedly not being battle tested but quickly forgot that he’s sown his seeds of failure running defenses in the SEC and Big12 before coming to the ACC and Miami. It has been his ability to adapt and change which shows me that he gets the vision of a leader. Too many times they take the same, proven path until it no longer works. We had that situation with Richt last year. It’s when things don’t go well that you find the true essence of said leader. Will they adapt, overcome? Or will they lead you down the perceived path of less resistance but end of costing you. So to me, he’s already proven his moxie sowing his seeds to failure first, then to success as a DC. That takes vision and a tough mindset, but also adaptability. He’s shown it, and I trust he will as HC too

Richt’s problem was the same as Golden’s problem. They both want to run there program based on a bygone era of past success. They were incapable of critically evaluating the program and their own coaching philosophies. They blamed everything on the players. I honestly believe Manny is cut from a different cloth and things will change. Not saying it will happen overnight or even this first year, but I believe Manny is the right guy for the job!

You sir are cluess to mention coach richt and the penn disgrace morons in the same sentence, unless last year was your first year watching UM football, before you make that mistake again, read this:

Coach richt's 3 year UM headcoaching resume:
* First 10 win season at UM in over 13years
* First legitimate/straight up on the field got it done coastal division champs
* First ACC Championship game appearance
* 2 game winning streak against Fsu
* Ended Fsu 7 game streak against us
* First Bowl game victory in 10yrs
* Coach of the year
* 2 freshmen 1st team all everything in Ahmon richards and brevin jordan
* #1 pass defense in the nation
* Argubably #1 defense in the nation considering we had no punting game and bottom feeder qb play with glimpses of potential
* Indoor practice facility
* Re-energized the program
* Upgraded the talent and speed on the roster
* Punished notre shame

Ill stop their, but this should be clear!

Advertisement
I would still feel better had we a head coach that actually had something to compare this to, meaning he had experience previously, had tasted the failures of the mistakes you inevitably make and had learned from those missteps from their past. JJ came in here after eating **** sandwiches in the Big 8 for years and when he finally got the keys to the Ferrari he drove it like a bat out of ****. Manny may have that kind of intensity but he hasn't earned any of it the hard way. The guy that earns enough money to choose his own sports car is apt to understand what it took to get to that point than the young kid whose dad just bought him a Ferrari for his 16th birthday. I am hoping for the best but usually this much hype means less than the expected results, we should have found that guy that knows what it feels like from their past, we shall see, hope I am proven wrong.

I absolutly understand what your saying but not every coach that becomes great has had to endure failure. I'd argue that Manny has endured some failures from his time at Texas with Mack Brown.

Dabo Swinney and Lincoln Riley were handed the keys to their respective programs although Dabo built his up over 10 years. Ryan Day was just handed the keys to Ohio State, now the jury is still out on him obviously being his 1st year and all.

I think Manny was the right choice at the time for our program. I believe he truley understands what is expected at Miami and so far we've seen the changes and vision on how he wants our program to run.

You sir are cluess to mention coach richt and the penn disgrace morons in the same sentence, unless last year was your first year watching UM football, before you make that mistake again, read this:

* Coach of the year
* Argubably #1 defense in the nation considering we had no punting game and bottom feeder qb play with glimpses of potential
* Punished notre shame

All those things are indictments on Golden and Shannon, really.

First bowl win in 10 years, big deal. That’s on the last two ********.

Beating FSU when they were finally trash. Ok

All the props in the world for getting the indoor practice facility going and hiring Manny. But as far as performance he was a tick above the other two bozos. If he stayed around for a 4th year this place was a grave yard.

Not having him run things could give us a big shot in the arm honestly.

* Coach of the year
* Punished notre shame

100% Richt came in and stabilized our program at a time we needed it the most. He brought us back into national spotlight and **** got college gameday to come to campus for the 1st time ever.

That man did way more than Golden

Theres no secret formula to maintain fan support. It’s pretty straightforward...

Beat the teams with less talent, and he’ll be fine. Lose to teams with less talent, and support will start to erode.

Can’t ask for or expect much more.

Advertisement
Back