Is this tweet from Manny a sign that the culture is finally changing?

You sir are cluess to mention coach richt and the penn disgrace morons in the same sentence, unless last year was your first year watching UM football, before you make that mistake again, read this:

Coach richt's 3 year UM headcoaching resume:
* First 10 win season at UM in over 13years
* First legitimate/straight up on the field got it done coastal division champs
* First ACC Championship game appearance
* 2 game winning streak against Fsu
* Ended Fsu 7 game streak against us
* First Bowl game victory in 10yrs
* Coach of the year
* 2 freshmen 1st team all everything in Ahmon richards and brevin jordan
* #1 pass defense in the nation
* Argubably #1 defense in the nation considering we had no punting game and bottom feeder qb play with glimpses of potential
* Indoor practice facility
* Re-energized the program
* Upgraded the talent and speed on the roster
* Punished notre shame

Ill stop their, but this should be clear!
It is clear.... it’s clear you’re a maniac.

Richt was a shltty football coach here, but a good man. Let it go Cal, let it go.

Advertisement
The culture is 100% changing—but needs to be viewed on a macro level, not micro.

For all the fans who talk about Manny's social media prowess—the real story is how people choose to dissect every thing he posts, making more of it than they should.

Great. Guys are working out this weekend. That's what you're supposed to do if you want to become a contender.

Where this thing is going to go off the rails; that first lost of 2019. A lot of people are setting Manny up to fail due to their immediate expectations and desire to succeed / be relevant.

Seen lots of posts where people talking about having a good feeling about this year—and even one weeks back where dude was worried about Manny losing the team / fan support if the Canes fell behind against the likes of Virginia and North Carolina, coming back late to win—meaning Miami would have already beat #8 Florida in Orlando and would still get out to a 5-0 start; but falling behind against a few "lesser" conference opponents would be a death blow, of sorts.

Fact is, this team went 7-6 last season and lost it's way—just like it did at the end of 2017, when the close-call games, miracle finishes and comebacks were no more (re: FSU, GT, Cuse, UNC, UVA). Pittsburgh punched Miami in the mouth, to the point where the Canes didn't even show up against Clemson a week later—all the air was out of the balloon. A gift opportunity to play Wisconsin at 'home' for the Orange Bowl—and ****ed away an early lead, crumbling late.

Lost to LSU to start last season, beat up a few nobodies to get a win-streak going, fell in a massive hole against a ****** Florida State team and won by a miracle—only to drop four in a row after that.

Losing to Virginia was "forgivable"—night road game after an emotional win. Those games are tricky, but everyone gets a mulligan. The issue was losing at Boston College TWO WEEKS LATER and still looking shell-shocked. Toss in the following loss at home to a crap Duke team and then running out of gas against Georgia Tech and 5-1 became 5-5 in a flash.

THAT is what Diaz has to change immediately—and hopefully will; this all bark, no bite culture where guys weren't resilient or didn't see a bigger picture.

Yes wins and losses define seasons—but it's more about the type of team Diaz fields and their overall attitude in 2019. The goal is to win the Coastal and to get a crack at the defending national champs in the ACC title. Miami has won the Coastal once in 15 tries; an atrocious, unthinkable stat when this program joined the new conference in 2004.

Beating Florida would be gravy—but all these guys talking about how losing to the Gators would "kill recruiting". No, losing four in a row against mid-level ACC talent kills recruiting—not dropping a season opener. 9-3 and Miami would've won the Coastal last year. Going 7-5 put them third in a crap division. That won't fly.

Really hope people can evaluate the season come late December / early January and not before.

Curious how much of this pro-Diaz crowd wanted him fired after Miami lost the opener to LSU last year—as there was a lengthy thread on another Canes site calling for his head immediately after the game ended.

Fans need to breathe and start looking at the bigger picture, lest they lose their minds.

Good point, and excellent post. When there is that first loss...how do people respond. Do team mates blame each other? Do fans start looking for banner planes?

Though there is this nagging thought in the back of my head, one that cannot be fully dismissed. A thought that negates these points that you posted above.

What if we don't lose?

Richt..I saw a team last year with no leadership on a player level. Obviously on offense.

I saw a offense of line that we all knew was the question mark, get absolutely exposed.

Fast forward 12 months later and the 2nd part is still true. I love the energy manny has put in the program in the off season. But it’s the off season. **** dont matter until we strap it up. Manny is putting on his best Jerry Jones act on social media, which I like. Come August we gonna see if we have some substance.

See what character this team has now
The offensive line is going to be a question mark until they start playing games. Hopefully we've got an actual OL coach now.

I hope that’s what it means.

Fingers crossed. Manny’s great with the social media hype, but there has to be real substance. Not just talking the talk, but walking the walk.

He’s said this himself..he knows he has to put up. So I’m counting he and the players do.

My first toast of the day goes to our servicemen. My second, to Manny and the players, and hopefully changing the culture. Show me this season.

I just can't. Sorry. I've heard 'U Tough' and seen the early morning workout videos with Kehoe and Golden. Shannon made them take their hats off indoors. Richt was a Power 5 HC coming in to improve his alma mater. Even this whole "Understands Miami culture" thing, was dripped on Shannon. I've seen our DC and former Temple coach take over the program before. Nothing will sell me till I see it happen. Nothing.

Advertisement
I hope the majority of our fan base is less flighty and prone to sudden emotional breakdowns than most of the feeble-minded simps who clog the CIS drain like a painkiller constipation ****.

What this program needs right now is a chance to breathe like a nice bottle of grape. Don’t panic if we’re not up 31-0 after the first quarter of game 1. And don’t set everyone up for failure by clamoring about a NC if we win game one.

Instead, sit back, and watch for overall trends. Don’t be a sissy who panics at the first sign of adversity or starts making wedding plans at the first sign of prosperity.

You guys prone to looking for validation for being first on a message board should get all your sissified predictions on record now for the sake of preserving them and declaring yourself heroes if Manny fails. That way the rest of us can try to enjoy the beginning of this ride without having to be reminded every 5 minutes how you were the first to bytch about us hiring Manny or how Penos was an obvious failure based on his time at Central Michigan.

Manny is going to need a little time. I’m not talking the idiotic Dawn Ballbag JR ten year plan. But he will require some time just like every other coach who has taken over a struggling marquee program. He might prove, even with some time, that time wasn’t enough. But if the dopey fans immediately turn on him trying to prove how astute they are, then the program will NEVER get right. Nothing will destroy our chances to turn this program around faster than the fanbase going toxic. If that happens, recruiting will tank, and it’ll be a rap on the Diaz era before it had a chance.

I point you to Dabo, who I equate to Manny as a “have fun playing football but outwork everyone in the process” HC. Had social media been squealing like the buttfcked pig it is today back when Dabo was struggling early, they definitely would have fired him. And they never would have had the chance to enjoy the program they have today.

You sir are cluess to mention coach richt and the penn disgrace morons in the same sentence, unless last year was your first year watching UM football, before you make that mistake again, read this:

Coach richt's 3 year UM headcoaching resume:
* First 10 win season at UM in over 13years
* First legitimate/straight up on the field got it done coastal division champs
* First ACC Championship game appearance
* 2 game winning streak against Fsu
* Ended Fsu 7 game streak against us
* First Bowl game victory in 10yrs
* Coach of the year
* 2 freshmen 1st team all everything in Ahmon richards and brevin jordan
* #1 pass defense in the nation
* Argubably #1 defense in the nation considering we had no punting game and bottom feeder qb play with glimpses of potential
* Indoor practice facility
* Re-energized the program
* Upgraded the talent and speed on the roster
* Punished notre shame

Ill stop their, but this should be clear!

hey i actually agree with you. richt did a lot of things right no matter how last year ended. he's built the foundation manny can then hopefully turn into a machine. without richt, we wouldn't have the facilities, the hype, or the energy around the program. furthermore, without richt, manny would've never came here to be a DC

Advertisement
All those things are indictments on Golden and Shannon, really.

First bowl win in 10 years, big deal. That’s on the last two ********.

Beating FSU when they were finally trash. Ok

All the props in the world for getting the indoor practice facility going and hiring Manny. But as far as performance he was a tick above the other two bozos. If he stayed around for a 4th year this place was a grave yard.

Not having him run things could give us a big shot in the arm honestly.

FSU beat us when we were trash and it doesn't matter. a win is a win vs them. the last time both teams were legit national title quality at the same time was 00. its not like both teams have been on top and played each other at the same time recently.

Manny is “hands on” , re ALL aspects of the team.

Serious players only, need apply.
the fact he was willing to give up DC showed me he was serious. in contrast to richt wit the it will be fun to call plays or golden coaching ST.

hey i actually agree with you. richt did a lot of things right no matter how last year ended. he's built the foundation manny can then hopefully turn into a machine. without richt, we wouldn't have the facilities, the hype, or the energy around the program. furthermore, without richt, manny would've never came here to be a DC
he almost beat FSU 3 times.
he was just burned out. Hes a very good coach.

I do think he made a huge mistake with gus though and it cost some kids their careers.

The culture is 100% changing—but needs to be viewed on a macro level, not micro.

For all the fans who talk about Manny's social media prowess—the real story is how people choose to dissect every thing he posts, making more of it than they should.

Great. Guys are working out this weekend. That's what you're supposed to do if you want to become a contender.

Where this thing is going to go off the rails; that first lost of 2019. A lot of people are setting Manny up to fail due to their immediate expectations and desire to succeed / be relevant.

Seen lots of posts where people talking about having a good feeling about this year—and even one weeks back where dude was worried about Manny losing the team / fan support if the Canes fell behind against the likes of Virginia and North Carolina, coming back late to win—meaning Miami would have already beat #8 Florida in Orlando and would still get out to a 5-0 start; but falling behind against a few "lesser" conference opponents would be a death blow, of sorts.

Fact is, this team went 7-6 last season and lost it's way—just like it did at the end of 2017, when the close-call games, miracle finishes and comebacks were no more (re: FSU, GT, Cuse, UNC, UVA). Pittsburgh punched Miami in the mouth, to the point where the Canes didn't even show up against Clemson a week later—all the air was out of the balloon. A gift opportunity to play Wisconsin at 'home' for the Orange Bowl—and ****ed away an early lead, crumbling late.

Lost to LSU to start last season, beat up a few nobodies to get a win-streak going, fell in a massive hole against a ****** Florida State team and won by a miracle—only to drop four in a row after that.

Losing to Virginia was "forgivable"—night road game after an emotional win. Those games are tricky, but everyone gets a mulligan. The issue was losing at Boston College TWO WEEKS LATER and still looking shell-shocked. Toss in the following loss at home to a crap Duke team and then running out of gas against Georgia Tech and 5-1 became 5-5 in a flash.

THAT is what Diaz has to change immediately—and hopefully will; this all bark, no bite culture where guys weren't resilient or didn't see a bigger picture.

Yes wins and losses define seasons—but it's more about the type of team Diaz fields and their overall attitude in 2019. The goal is to win the Coastal and to get a crack at the defending national champs in the ACC title. Miami has won the Coastal once in 15 tries; an atrocious, unthinkable stat when this program joined the new conference in 2004.

Beating Florida would be gravy—but all these guys talking about how losing to the Gators would "kill recruiting". No, losing four in a row against mid-level ACC talent kills recruiting—not dropping a season opener. 9-3 and Miami would've won the Coastal last year. Going 7-5 put them third in a crap division. That won't fly.

Really hope people can evaluate the season come late December / early January and not before.

Curious how much of this pro-Diaz crowd wanted him fired after Miami lost the opener to LSU last year—as there was a lengthy thread on another Canes site calling for his head immediately after the game ended.

Fans need to breathe and start looking at the bigger picture, lest they lose their minds.

You know what..... I'm getting sick and tired of people like you waltzing into these cis boards all mature and what not, being all respectful and well thought out. Then you have the nerve to share a well vetted opinion using common sense and big picture thinking. Just who in the **** do you think you are? If you haven't received the memo yet, cis is no place for common sense and maturity. If you don't start posting some "sky is falling" Manny gotta go, rambling soon, along with fat cuban chik gifs. You won't last another week. I'll let this one slide though.
Get with the program

Advertisement
No

No tweets

Online bull****

Anything

The culture isnt changed until our kids are as mad as Devin Hester was after losing to UNC in 2004.

**** every media driven bull**** hopes and dreams maybe insert meme piece of crap you see.

BEAT UF OR GTFOH

Our schedule is ******* ***.

BEAT UF

Manny cant claim a ******* thing until gameday results.

ZERO

WIN OR GTFOH

Having said that Manny is Cuban Johnson until proven otherwise. A+ offseason.

There’s a saying, your a reflection of your management.

That’s why billion dollar companies fail , it’s never the employees but they always take the first hit

GOCANES

Advertisement
Saban went 7-6
Stoops was 7-5
Dabo went 9-5

Yet I’ve seen posters on here say Manny has to win a minimum of ten games. We need perspective that even legendary coaches usually don’t have legendary first years.

Good point. It's year 2 where a good HC makes that jump:

Pete Carroll (USC)
Year 1: 6-6
Year 2: 11-1

Nick Saban (Alabama)
Year 1: 7-6
Year 2: 12-2

Tom Herman (Texas)
Year 1: 7-6
Year 2: 10-4

Urban Meyer (Florida)
Year 1: 9-3
Year 2: 13-1

Jimmy Johnson (Miami)
Year 1: 8-5
Year 2: 10-2

Howard Schellenberger (Miami)
Year 1: 5-6
Year 2: 9-3

Dabo Swiney (Clemson)
Year 1: 4-3
Year 2: 9-5

I would still feel better had we a head coach that actually had something to compare this to, meaning he had experience previously, had tasted the failures of the mistakes you inevitably make and had learned from those missteps from their past. JJ came in here after eating **** sandwiches in the Big 8 for years and when he finally got the keys to the Ferrari he drove it like a bat out of ****. Manny may have that kind of intensity but he hasn't earned any of it the hard way. The guy that earns enough money to choose his own sports car is apt to understand what it took to get to that point than the young kid whose dad just bought him a Ferrari for his 16th birthday. I am hoping for the best but usually this much hype means less than the expected results, we should have found that guy that knows what it feels like from their past, we shall see, hope I am proven wrong.

We tried that the last 2 coaches. The only thing that scares me about manny is that we are very average in the coaching department defensively. He also hasn’t shown much on the trail re: LBs.

Will see what happens

Advertisement
Back