Is this tweet from Manny a sign that the culture is finally changing?

I hope the majority of our fan base is less flighty and prone to sudden emotional breakdowns than most of the feeble-minded simps who clog the CIS drain like a painkiller constipation ****.

What this program needs right now is a chance to breathe like a nice bottle of grape. Don’t panic if we’re not up 31-0 after the first quarter of game 1. And don’t set everyone up for failure by clamoring about a NC if we win game one.

Instead, sit back, and watch for overall trends. Don’t be a sissy who panics at the first sign of adversity or starts making wedding plans at the first sign of prosperity.

You guys prone to looking for validation for being first on a message board should get all your sissified predictions on record now for the sake of preserving them and declaring yourself heroes if Manny fails. That way the rest of us can try to enjoy the beginning of this ride without having to be reminded every 5 minutes how you were the first to bytch about us hiring Manny or how Penos was an obvious failure based on his time at Central Michigan.

Manny is going to need a little time. I’m not talking the idiotic Dawn Ballbag JR ten year plan. But he will require some time just like every other coach who has taken over a struggling marquee program. He might prove, even with some time, that time wasn’t enough. But if the dopey fans immediately turn on him trying to prove how astute they are, then the program will NEVER get right. Nothing will destroy our chances to turn this program around faster than the fanbase going toxic. If that happens, recruiting will tank, and it’ll be a rap on the Diaz era before it had a chance.

I point you to Dabo, who I equate to Manny as a “have fun playing football but outwork everyone in the process” HC. Had social media been squealing like the buttfcked pig it is today back when Dabo was struggling early, they definitely would have fired him. And they never would have had the chance to enjoy the program they have today.

Dabo was under .500 in his third season, went 6-7. It took him four years to get to double digit wins, 10 wins, and then at the end of this fourth season, got completely humiliated and embarrassed in a New Year’s bowl by getting *** raped for 70 points in an epic and soul crushing loss.

Dabo and Clemson were the joke of the college football world, in fact they were a complete joke even for people that were not football fans. They were thoroughly and completely clowned for years after that loss.

There was so much ineptness perceived around the program, that a phrase was even invented and used nationwide: “Clemsoning”...they were literally the joke of the sporting world.

What do you think would have happened if that was Miami? He probably would not have made it to the fourth season, and that 70 point humiliating beat down in the New Year’s Eve game. But had he made it to the fourth season, I guarantee you he would not have survived that 70 point loss.

Agree 100% with your post. We have too many social media tough guys who go ape shlt at the first sign of adversity, and stir up a toxic atmosphere. There are guys laying in wait right now, if Miami loses to Florida and/or loses more than a couple of games, they are licking their chops so they can be first in line .

We’ve got some fūcked up “fans“ in our fanbase.

You can even see it in this thread. My initial post was simply about “hey, maybe, just maybe, the culture is starting to change” not anything earthshaking, but a culture change is the first step in becoming a winning organization. Unfortunately, even with massive culture changes, it doesn’t happen overnight.

But yet we have assclowns saying anything less than 11-12 wins is a massive fail and are starting to rev up their toxicity shtick

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saban went 7-6
Stoops was 7-5
Dabo went 9-5

Yet I’ve seen posters on here say Manny has to win a minimum of ten games. We need perspective that even legendary coaches usually don’t have legendary first years.
And how soon people forget that it was Dabo's Clemsom that West Virginia dropped a 70 piece on in the Orange Bowl. They weren't built overnight.

All those things are indictments on Golden and Shannon, really.

First bowl win in 10 years, big deal. That’s on the last two ********.

Beating FSU when they were finally trash. Ok

All the props in the world for getting the indoor practice facility going and hiring Manny. But as far as performance he was a tick above the other two bozos. If he stayed around for a 4th year this place was a grave yard.

Not having him run things could give us a big shot in the arm honestly.

All those things are indictments on Golden and Shannon, really.

First bowl win in 10 years, big deal. That’s on the last two ********.

Beating FSU when they were finally trash. Ok

All the props in the world for getting the indoor practice facility going and hiring Manny. But as far as performance he was a tick above the other two bozos. If he stayed around for a 4th year this place was a grave yard.

Not having him run things could give us a big shot in the arm honestly.

You sir are clueless as well, and are a big part of the problem with the imbecile type UM fans. Just reread your own post, you cant be serious.

100% Richt came in and stabilized our program at a time we needed it the most. He brought us back into national spotlight and **** got college gameday to come to campus for the 1st time ever.

That man did way more than Golden

Good to see we got a real Miami fan speaking straight facts!

Advertisement
one thing i think that manny has that every coach since butch lack is killer instinct. coker and shannon were aloof, golden was scared of his own shadow and richt was just burned out

It is clear.... it’s clear you’re a maniac.

Richt was a shltty football coach here, but a good man. Let it go Cal, let it go.

LoL never fails, guys like you hate Facts, i guess its hard for you to understand who's a good coach and who''s not, since they havent come out with a headcoach/assistant coach ranking website yet for you.

hey i actually agree with you. richt did a lot of things right no matter how last year ended. he's built the foundation manny can then hopefully turn into a machine. without richt, we wouldn't have the facilities, the hype, or the energy around the program. furthermore, without richt, manny would've never came here to be a DC

Facts spoken, and thinkl, he was only here 3 years and you got guys on here and had guys on here acting as if coach richt went 7&6 for 3 years straight or something!

You sir are clueless as well, and are a big part of the problem with the imbecile type UM fans. Just reread your own post, you cant be serious.

Reread post. Still not impressed by winning a bowl game or winning 10 games in the coastal with Florida talent. Maybe you’re the ****** ****** who wanted to keep richt based on those sorry accolades.

Advertisement
Good point. It's year 2 where a good HC makes that jump:

Pete Carroll (USC)
Year 1: 6-6
Year 2: 11-1

Nick Saban (Alabama)
Year 1: 7-6
Year 2: 12-2

Tom Herman (Texas)
Year 2: 10-4

Urban Meyer (Florida)
Year 1: 9-3
Year 2: 13-1

Jimmy Johnson (Miami)
Year 1: 8-5
Year 2: 10-2

Howard Schellenberger (Miami)
Year 1: 5-6
Year 2: 9-3

Dabo Swiney (Clemson)
Year 1: 4-3
Year 2: 9-5
Also Year 2 of Richt. Here and at Georgia.

Good point. It's year 2 where a good HC makes that jump:

Pete Carroll (USC)
Year 1: 6-6
Year 2: 11-1

Nick Saban (Alabama)
Year 2: 12-2

Tom Herman (Texas)
Year 2: 10-4

Urban Meyer (Florida)
Year 1: 9-3
Year 2: 13-1

Jimmy Johnson (Miami)
Year 1: 8-5
Year 2: 10-2

Howard Schellenberger (Miami)
Year 1: 5-6
Year 2: 9-3

Dabo Swiney (Clemson)
Year 1: 4-3
Year 2: 9-5
Everyone of those Coaches had alot more talent than Manny will have in yr 2....

Dabo was under .500 in his third season, went 6-7. It took him four years to get to double digit wins, 10 wins, and then at the end of this fourth season, got completely humiliated and embarrassed in a New Year’s bowl by getting *** raped for 70 points in an epic and soul crushing loss.

Dabo and Clemson were the joke of the college football world, in fact they were a complete joke even for people that were not football fans. They were thoroughly and completely clowned for years after that loss.

There was so much ineptness perceived around the program, that a phrase was even invented and used nationwide: “Clemsoning”...they were literally the joke of the sporting world.

What do you think would have happened if that was Miami? He probably would not have made it to the fourth season, and that 70 point humiliating beat down in the New Year’s Eve game. But had he made it to the fourth season, I guarantee you he would not have survived that 70 point loss.

Agree 100% with your post. We have too many social media tough guys who go ape shlt at the first sign of adversity, and stir up a toxic atmosphere. There are guys laying in wait right now, if Miami loses to Florida and/or loses more than a couple of games, they are licking their chops so they can be first in line .

We’ve got some fūcked up “fans“ in our fanbase.

You can even see it in this thread. My initial post was simply about “hey, maybe, just maybe, the culture is starting to change” not anything earthshaking, but a culture change is the first step in becoming a winning organization. Unfortunately, even with massive culture changes, it doesn’t happen overnight.

But yet we have assclowns saying anything less than 11-12 wins is a massive fail and are starting to rev up their toxicity shtick
Unfortunately, most of the simps on here aren’t all that invested in UM. They’re just here to scream “fire!” in a crowded theater. Bunch of nerds with nothing going on, so they pop in here to vomit on the floor in an effort to spread their disease of misery to the rest of us.

As for Dabo, I truly believe that if the internet and social media was raging as hard as it is now back when Dabo went 4-3 as an interim HC there’s no way he would have survived at Clemson. Then, he followed that up with the desultory results you laid out. There’s no way he would have survived with those results in 2016-19 when Twitter and message boards exploded.

one thing i think that manny has that every coach since butch lack is killer instinct. coker and shannon were aloof, golden was scared of his own shadow and richt was just burned out

That’s what I’m hoping is the case. In addition, Diaz needs to strike fear in our players. You don’t work, compete and win then get the **** out.

Advertisement
I hope the majority of our fan base is less flighty and prone to sudden emotional breakdowns than most of the feeble-minded simps who clog the CIS drain like a painkiller constipation ****.

What this program needs right now is a chance to breathe like a nice bottle of grape. Don’t panic if we’re not up 31-0 after the first quarter of game 1. And don’t set everyone up for failure by clamoring about a NC if we win game one.

Instead, sit back, and watch for overall trends. Don’t be a sissy who panics at the first sign of adversity or starts making wedding plans at the first sign of prosperity.

You guys prone to looking for validation for being first on a message board should get all your sissified predictions on record now for the sake of preserving them and declaring yourself heroes if Manny fails. That way the rest of us can try to enjoy the beginning of this ride without having to be reminded every 5 minutes how you were the first to bytch about us hiring Manny or how Penos was an obvious failure based on his time at Central Michigan.

Manny is going to need a little time. I’m not talking the idiotic Dawn Ballbag JR ten year plan. But he will require some time just like every other coach who has taken over a struggling marquee program. He might prove, even with some time, that time wasn’t enough. But if the dopey fans immediately turn on him trying to prove how astute they are, then the program will NEVER get right. Nothing will destroy our chances to turn this program around faster than the fanbase going toxic. If that happens, recruiting will tank, and it’ll be a rap on the Diaz era before it had a chance.

I point you to Dabo, who I equate to Manny as a “have fun playing football but outwork everyone in the process” HC. Had social media been squealing like the buttfcked pig it is today back when Dabo was struggling early, they definitely would have fired him. And they never would have had the chance to enjoy the program they have today.

This x 10000000000

You missed the most important win under Richt - Beating a ranked ND on National TV and beat them bad - Of course that was on the team as they played like true Hurricanes and the defense (Manny's defense) played lights out. Now if Manny can get the same intensity every game then I expect good things, not all wins but Hurricane football where they leave their all on the field and have no regrets about their effort. I enjoyed our great teams because they never gave up and played the full 60 minutes with abandon and our fans expected late heroics and we usually got them. During the 58 game win streak we could've easily lost a few games but the players refused to lose in the OB. Our fans were just as intense with "LET'S GO CANES" or "DEFENSE" when the team needed that spark and fire. When we went to a game it was to see a battle royal, not a picnic although our tailgates are great.
Side Note: Most college teams with on campus stadiums do not serve alcohol, methinks a few crazy intoxicated Canes fans can be a good thing and we saw lot of that craziness in the OB and repeated during that ND game. Crazy intense drunks, scary but fun. ;)

Advertisement
100% Richt came in and stabilized our program at a time we needed it the most. He brought us back into national spotlight and **** got college gameday to come to campus for the 1st time ever.

That man did way more than Golden

I agree.

After three years as HC of Miami, Richt was ready to finally step away from coaching college football.

But he left things in a good enough spot for his successor to make changes and see rapid improvement in multiple areas. Unlike the last two knuckleheads, he didn't practically wreck the place.

Kudos to Mark Richt for his achievements at UM and being a loyal 'Cane, and also for understanding when it was time to turn it over to the next guy.

I agree.

After three years as HC of Miami, Richt was ready to finally step away from coaching college football.

But he left things in a good enough spot for his successor to make changes and see rapid improvement in multiple areas. Unlike the last two knuckleheads, he didn't practically wreck the place.

Kudos to Mark Richt for his achievements at UM and being a loyal 'Cane, and also for understanding when it was time to turn it over to the next guy.

he did more than not just wreck it. he got us to 9 and 10 wins in his first two years, a NY6, better facilities, etc. manny wouldn't even be manny without the stuff richt brought to coral gables. on top of that, he knew when it was time to step away. that's loyalty.

You missed the most important win under Richt - Beating a ranked ND on National TV and beat them bad - Of course that was on the team as they played like true Hurricanes and the defense (Manny's defense) played lights out. Now if Manny can get the same intensity every game then I expect good things, not all wins but Hurricane football where they leave their all on the field and have no regrets about their effort. I enjoyed our great teams because they never gave up and played the full 60 minutes with abandon and our fans expected late heroics and we usually got them. During the 58 game win streak we could've easily lost a few games but the players refused to lose in the OB. Our fans were just as intense with "LET'S GO CANES" or "DEFENSE" when the team needed that spark and fire. When we went to a game it was to see a battle royal, not a picnic although our tailgates are great.
Side Note: Most college teams with on campus stadiums do not serve alcohol, methinks a few crazy intoxicated Canes fans can be a good thing and we saw lot of that craziness in the OB and repeated during that ND game. Crazy intense drunks, scary but fun. ;)

the stadiums where no alcohol is served (this is becoming less and less now bc a lot of schools have approved beer sales in stadiums now), they just drink like crazy pregame. its not like people are dead sober in those stadiums

The fondest memory I’ll have of Rick is him voluntarily leaving before he destroyed the program.

And, make no mistake, had he returned this season, he would have done irreparable harm. The program was circling the drain at light speed. Our LBs would have left. The guy hired fcking Panda and Patke as his DCs. One was flipping bottles a couple years ago and the other was a grad assistant two years ago. Instead of pilfering the portal, we would have been losing guys to it. Recruiting was a complete disaster too.

Rick was good enough to realize he was rapidly destroying his alma mater and would have left a total disaster if he had hung around waiting for James to fire him.

Advertisement
Back