Is this tweet from Manny a sign that the culture is finally changing?

Using unimpeachable facts to make a what could be a positive point on this message board is typically not well received. Throw in a dash of hostility, mixed with several insane exaggerations concerning something affiliated with the football program, and then the HERD will give a snort denoting their confusion, paw at the ground with their hoofs and, move on to something or someone else to hate.

They are more than likely not UM fans:

Advertisement
The thing is, for the first time since Coker, our head coach isn't inheriting a trainwreck of a program. For all of Richt's failures as an on field coach last season, he did a decent job of building up the roster and at least restoring some semblance of relevancy to Miami. This roster has the highest blue chip percentage we've had in forever especially at the most important position. When is the last time we had three 4 star guys in an actual QB competition? The schedule is laughable. There's really no excuse for not winning this division. Are they near Clemson level yet? No, but Clemson is miles above the rest of the ACC. Miami should realistically be able to handle everyone not named Clemson in the conference. The momentum that we can gain from a 10+ win season, conference championship game appearance and major bowl cannot be underestimated. Those things are all very attainable. You string together a couple of really solid seasons like that and you can really start to build an actual championship caliber program.

This.. and the Stars are aligned because the 2021 Local class is filled with top end talent at every position.. 10+ wins this year and 10+ wins next year gives us the chance to clean up and build a championship roster.

If you want to call what you said a response, lol, I like talking to real football minds, the emotional non-factual post belong on another, so carry on!
You know, that's the kind of response I expect some who can't refute what I posted.

Advertisement
You haven’t refuted my premise.

He wouldn’t have lasted here in today’s environment. All that was, was an explaining away of a very uneven first four years for Dabo. Good thing for them, those fans have patience and saw the potential. He’s built a monster with good coaching, a Bama-like bag budget, and the means to distribute it.

Watch what happens here after Diaz’s first loss.

Watch what happens here after Diaz’s first loss.

Well coached teams consistently beat less talented teams by leaning on their strengths. We have consistently lost to less talented teams by game planning directly into our weaknesses the last two regimes.

Schedule matters but bad gameplanning negates talent advantages.
There was no game planning. We did the same thing every week. Same plays, same formations, week in and week out.

One of the things I'll be looking for is, after that inevitable loss, how does the team respond? Going back several coaching regimes now, whenever Miami loses one, a couple others have been sure to follow. IMO it's the sign of a mentally weak team, and something Diaz absolutely must address to be successful here.
That was Golden’s entire tenure as coach. As soon as they lost one they would drop several more in a row!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back