Is this tweet from Manny a sign that the culture is finally changing?

You haven’t refuted my premise.

He wouldn’t have lasted here in today’s environment. All that was, was an explaining away of a very uneven first four years for Dabo. Good thing for them, those fans have patience and saw the potential. He’s built a monster with good coaching, a Bama-like bag budget, and the means to distribute it.

Watch what happens here after Diaz’s first loss.

Richt ended 2017 the same way as Dabo ended 2011. Start hot, lose a bunch at the end and drop a big game by 5 touchdowns.

Richt survived.

Dabo would have had a hot seat no doubt, but he wouldn’t have been fired for winning our first acc title.

There will be *****ing when he loses, but that is the nature of fans and media today. Bama boards rage against Saban losing and he has 5 titles in 10 years.

Advertisement
Richt ended 2017 the same way as Dabo ended 2011. Start hot, lose a bunch at the end and drop the bowl game by 5 touchdowns.

Richt survived.

Dabo would have had a hot seat no doubt, but he wouldn’t have been fired for winning our first acc title.

Factually incorrect. I mean you just flat out made that up.

You can’t even compare our loss to Wisconsin, where we were held all game, and we had the lead, and in the fourth quarter it was anybody’s game, with getting *** raped with a 70 burger by West Virginia. Clemson was literally a national disgrace after that game. I mean do you just make this shlt up as you go along?

Actually Clemson fans did NOT have patience, but Dabo had a strong AD who did (I read an article about it a year or so ago…not looking it up…where Dabo actually thought he would be fired and that the fans were awful).

But your premise stands: today’s social media atmosphere would have canned him.

I’m sure that’s the case. But either way, somebody had to have patience. The phrase “Clemsoning” did not come from nowhere.

Factually incorrect. I mean you just flat out made that up.

You can’t even compare our loss to Wisconsin, where we were held all game, and we had the lead, and in the fourth quarter it was anybody’s game, with getting *** raped with a 70 burger by West Virginia. Clemson is literally a national disgrace after that game. I mean do you just make this shlt up as you go along?

I edited that.

I was comparing the acc title to Clemson’s bowl game.

5 touchdowns on the national stage.

You think we would fire a coach after he won the acc for an embarrassing bowl game. I disagree.

Advertisement
I edited that.

I was comparing the acc title to Clemson’sbowl game.

Well **** then, I’ll compare the ND home win to Clemson’s 70 point loss if that’s how we’re playing it.

Doesn’t work that way.

And you still haven’t refuted my premise, so I actually don’t know what your point is.

Well **** then, I’ll compare the ND home win to Clemson’s 70 point loss if that’s how we’re playing it.

Doesn’t work that way.

And you still haven’t refuted my premise, so I actually don’t know what your point is.

They both had late season humiliating wipeout loses.

The fans were hot.

They both survived.

LoL never fails, guys like you hate Facts, i guess its hard for you to understand who's a good coach and who''s not, since they havent come out with a headcoach/assistant coach ranking website yet for you.
Yea.. I was kidding. I mean, he almost posted a winning record vs P5 last year. What more could ya ask for?

Advertisement

He wouldn’t have lasted here in today’s environment. All that was explaining away of a very uneven first four years for Dabo. Good thing for them, those fans have patience. He’s built a monster with good coaching, a Bama-like bag budget, and the means to distribute it.

He wouldn’t have lasted at Clemson in today’s environment. He had zero history as a HC or even as a coordinator to hang his hat on.

He wasn’t an alum either. He was just a WR Coach (who was selling real estate a couple years prior) hand-picked by the guy who just got fired—Bowden—to replace him. Bowden talked the AD into giving Dabo a chance as HC.

I bet in today’s big stakes world with the rabid nature of social media, Dabo wouldn’t have been given the HC job after his 4-3 stint as interim HC. I he made it out of the first season, there’s zero chance he survives 6-7 and getting what could have been 100 hung on him in one of the most humiliating beatdowns in bowl history.

He wouldn’t have lasted at Clemson in today’s environment. He had zero history as a HC or even as a coordinator to hang his hat on.

He wasn’t an alum either. He was just a WR Coach (who was selling real estate a couple years prior) hand-picked by the guy who just got fired—Bowden—to replace him. Bowden talked the AD into giving Dabo a chance as HC.

I bet in today’s big stakes world with the rabid nature of social media, Dabo wouldn’t have been given the HC job after his 4-3 stint as interim HC. I he made it out of the first season, there’s zero chance he survives 6-7 and getting what could have been 100 hung on him in one of the most humiliating beatdowns in bowl history.

You’re right about that, I doubt with any major program other than the lower tier P 5’s, that he would last under those circumstances. Not today.

Interesting background on him. I wasn’t aware of those personal details. I can’t argue with your hypothetical that he wouldn’t have gotten the job after his interim stint. Really good point.

Advertisement

bottom line is that Diaz gives us hope - and he might end up being an abject failure. We get that, but there is a chance it may be a huge hit

But with the Richtanic last season, it was hopeless. And we knew there would be more icebergs after another in our future.

Give me the latter.

You sir are cluess to mention coach richt and the penn disgrace morons in the same sentence, unless last year was your first year watching UM football, before you make that mistake again, read this:

Coach richt's 3 year UM headcoaching resume:
* First 10 win season at UM in over 13years
* First legitimate/straight up on the field got it done coastal division champs
* First ACC Championship game appearance
* 2 game winning streak against Fsu
* Ended Fsu 7 game streak against us
* First Bowl game victory in 10yrs
* Coach of the year
* 2 freshmen 1st team all everything in Ahmon richards and brevin jordan
* #1 pass defense in the nation
* Argubably #1 defense in the nation considering we had no punting game and bottom feeder qb play with glimpses of potential
* Indoor practice facility
* Re-energized the program
* Upgraded the talent and speed on the roster
* Punished notre shame

Ill stop their, but this should be clear!

Using unimpeachable facts to make what could be a positive point on this message board is typically not well received. Throw in a dash of hostility, mixed with several insane exaggerations concerning something affiliated with the football program, and then the HERD will give a snort denoting their confusion, paw at the ground with their hoofs and, move on to something or someone else to hate.

Last edited:
I look at Manny sort of like Jimbo when he first became the HC of FSU. They both already spent and built a culture on one side of the ball for about 3 years so it was just about spreading that culture to the rest of the team. The defensive players have a lot of respect for Manny so the offensive guys will probably follow suit.

Advertisement

He wouldn’t have lasted here in today’s environment. All that was, was an explaining away of a very uneven first four years for Dabo. Good thing for them, those fans have patience and saw the potential. He’s built a monster with good coaching, a Bama-like bag budget, and the means to distribute it.

Watch even further if the first loss is the gayturs, then the second will be an upset to one of the sisters of the poor in our division, then here come the banners.

FBS coaches today usually have a four year window. If they show gradual improvement, they'll get extended or get a better coaching offer. If they're up and down, they'll usually get let go after four years regardless of the school prestige. If they're abysmal, they'll be lucky to make it to year four. Is it right? I don't know but in today's game the money is too big to gamble long term on a coach. The pressure to win fast has increased incrementally with the average coaching salary.

Nice straws you grasping bud.

But yes, I do call it a failure since his tenure underachieved by not winning a conference championship and then going 7-6.

But you know what Jimmy and Butch did, they didn't quit when the going got tough.

Ok, carry on!

Advertisement
Back