Is This the Best Throw from a Cane in the Last Decade?

Best throw from a Cane 2008-2018

• Total voters
Good poll man. That Morris throw was superhuman.

So on one hand Morris made a throw Jacory couldn’t physically make (in my opinion anyway)

Jacorys throw could be done by Morris or Kaaya (technically)

Still though, I voted for the Jacory throw. That thing was art.

morris couldn't land a touch pass like that in his wettest of wet dreams. bullets or nothing for snickers.

Advertisement
morris couldn't land a touch pass like that in his wettest of wet dreams. bullets or nothing for snickers.
I agree but I remember one he threw against USF that was a thing of beauty. To Coley I believe

Kayaa with Duke and Dorsett, man if we had that offense last year with the play calling of Fisch we would have been playing Clemson against for the ACC title.

Advertisement
I would vote :

1a. Rosier to Langham - The pass won the game in the last 20 seconds, ended a long losing streak to our biggest rival, on their home field. After blowing a lead with under two minutes to go. And it was a great throw, regardless of the game parameters.

1b. Jacory to Benjamin - A longer throw than 1a, to set up a go ahead TD at FSU. Canes still needed a goal line stand to win the game.

There are plenty of other great throws in the list but game pressure and magnitude need to be part of the equation.

Just like I said with Morris...this is a great moment and a big time throw, but this was the type of thing we bashed Rosier for. He got the ball there, but like Jeff Thomas does a lot...he had to slow down to catch this. Could've been a walk in TD if he hit him in stride.

Agreed.

The game and down-and-distance make 3rd-43 a great moment in Canes history but there was nothing else special about the pass.

I whipped a half full beer at a dook fan last year. I'd say that deserves an honorable mention.

Advertisement
Some of those throws are clearly higher than the rest. Certainly not in the top 3 but Rosier to Berrios against Duke in 17 is in the same class with several of the throws listed.

Dennis Erickson had a nice pass, as he exited Hecht passing NCAA investigators....
(Word is, he ran a 4.3 40...most likely would've been a 4.2, if not for Whiskey bottle in back pocket)

**** Kyle Wrights bomb to Nuke Jenkins @FSU in '07 ***** on anything Rosier ever let loose. That ball traveled **** near 75 yards in the air and Jenkins didn't have to slow up much.

Yea, Jacory's throw was touch personified

Actually he did have to slow up. If KW puts a bit more air under that, Jenkins walks in with a td as he had his man beat by quite a bit. He had to slow down and wait on the ball and got tackled at like the 5. I believe KW snuck the ball in on 4th and goal for the td.

Actually he did have to slow up. If KW puts a bit more air under that, Jenkins walks in with a td as he had his man beat by quite a bit. He had to slow down and wait on the ball and got tackled at like the 5. I believe KW snuck the ball in on 4th and goal for the td.
Dude watch were he throws the ball from and where it’s caught. How much more you think he can get

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sad state of affairs for Miami football when the only positive thing from the last decade are a handful of one play wonders.kinda know how bc feels only thing they've had to accelerate the last 40+ year's is the hail flutie play.

Dude watch were he throws the ball from and where it’s caught. How much more you think he can get

I watched it. Actually have a video of that game. The announcer even says that Jenkins had to gear down a bit and wait on it for a sec. Otherwise he walks into the end zone.

Advertisement
Back