Is there any coach that could win championships at Miami?

Tell me he doesnt have a Steve Spurrier quality to him.

They both wear visors.....it’s true.....

1571722721639.jpeg

Advertisement
Absolutely. If Miami gets serious about football it is entirely possible. Clemson wasn't a big money program when they hired Dabo. They weren't pouring millions into recruiting and facilities. Dude was on the verge of being fired in year 3. As a matter of fact, the program was in the red. Clemson was all built on Dabo's elite recruiting abilities until he matched up the talent with a great OC and DC. If he doesn't hire a relatively unknown OC from Tulsa, Dabo is unemployed right now. He just had an eye for building a staff and recruiting.

Richt was appallingly bad at building a good staff. Horrendous. Yet an uninspired Richt had Miami undefeated and #2 going into the last game of the regular season. After Golden, 95% of posters were saying Miami would never win 10 games again.

Miami can right the ship quickly with a smart AD who picks the right head coach, who picks a good staff.

Personally, I'd hire Les Miles as he has changed his philosophy on offense. As far as I can tell, he has no Achilles heel anymore.

Briles might not win sh*t if Barry is his OL coach & Patke coaches LBs & STs.

Lol Would never want Briles near this program but he'd probably laugh his *** off if he took over and look at this staff. Diaz assembled the worst staff I've ever seen at any level. Absolute laughable staff. Outside of Enos none of them had any kind of reputation.

Advertisement
Would not be upset with Gundy but the man isn’t leaving Oklahoma State. He’s a lifer unless he tanks and is fired. And then you wouldn’t want him.

Would not be upset with Gundy but the man isn’t leaving Oklahoma State. He’s a lifer unless he tanks and is fired. And then you wouldn’t want him.
Ive heard he's looking for an out. But he did turn down Tennessee. If he is looking out Miami could be a perfect fit for him.

Absolutely. If Miami gets serious about football it is entirely possible. Clemson wasn't a big money program when they hired Dabo. They weren't pouring millions into recruiting and facilities. Dude was on the verge of being fired in year 3. As a matter of fact, the program was in the red. Clemson was all built on Dabo's elite recruiting abilities until he matched up the talent with a great OC and DC. If he doesn't hire a relatively unknown OC from Tulsa, Dabo is unemployed right now. He just had an eye for building a staff and recruiting.

Richt was appallingly bad at building a good staff. Horrendous. Yet an uninspired Richt had Miami undefeated and #2 going into the last game of the regular season. After Golden, 95% of posters were saying Miami would never win 10 games again.

Miami can right the ship quickly with a smart AD who picks the right head coach, who picks a good staff.

Personally, I'd hire Les Miles as he has changed his philosophy on offense. As far as I can tell, he has no Achilles heel anymore.
Miles seems like an instant adrenaline shot hire. Then he hires big time coordinators and assistants and Miami starts it comeback year 1.

Advertisement
Ive heard he's looking for an out. But he did turn down Tennessee. If he is looking out Miami could be a perfect fit for him.

The ACC might be more attractive than the rigors of the SEC. I’d be concerned with his recruiting. With all his personality and great offense his classes aren’t that highly ranked. I understand he’s recruiting against OU, Texas, and everyone else but would he recruit well against FSU, UF, and the other schools poaching South Florida?

The ACC might be more attractive than the rigors of the SEC. I’d be concerned with his recruiting. With all his personality and great offense his classes aren’t that highly ranked. I understand he’s recruiting against OU, Texas, and everyone else but would he recruit well against FSU, UF, and the other schools poaching South Florida?
I'm not really sure, but I think having to deal with Texas and OU, LSU & A&M and then the 3rd tiers of Tech & Baylor will have him more ready to recruit Miami and out of state than anyone weve hired in a decent while.

Don't see Mike Gundy happening. Strange his name is even brought up. Guy has spent all but 5 years of his life in Oklahoma and he's an Okie State alum. No way he even thinks about coming here.

Advertisement
Don't see Mike Gundy happening. Strange his name is even brought up. Guy has spent all but 5 years of his life in Oklahoma and he's an Okie State alum. No way he even thinks about coming here.
I kept bringing up for a while because I read somewhere he was looking to get out, and I think he'd be a nice fit for us.

Oklahoma State at Iowa State this weekend. Gundy vs Campbell. Gundy holds a 2-1 career lead but Campbell won the last game.

Winner takes the lead in the Miami Sweepstakes! #kidding

Advertisement
Oklahoma State at Iowa State this weekend. Gundy vs Campbell. Gundy holds a 2-1 career lead but Campbell won the last game.

Winner takes the lead in the Miami Sweepstakes! #kidding
as long as the beta male AD and the man-hating superkunts are anywhere near Coral Gables, there is no Miami Sweepstakes
#serious

I'd have zero problems with that hire. I was going through the Jayhawk coaching bios... yes, they have a better staff, lol.

If you think about it, its fate that Les Miles ends up at Miami. The 40-3 beatdown in the Peach Bowl in 2005 was THE game that set Miami on a downward spiral. That was the end of the championship-caliber Canes. Now Miles can be the coach who builds up what he once tore down. That's the circle of life, dude. Hakuna Matata

5 year 13.5 million contract

His entire contract is basically the cost of just Cristobal's buyout. Miami could probably get him for the price Miami paid Temple. Think about that. God**** Blake James
Until Blake the beta male and his man-hating superkunt mistresses are gone, Canes fans discussing all these wet dream coaches are just like a group of high school nerds sitting around on Saturday night talking about which one of the hot cheerleaders they are gonna **** the ****t out of and in both cases guess what ? it AINT happening !!!

Advertisement
Back