Is there any coach that could win championships at Miami?

That was a season in limbo for them no doubt, but to immediately go 12-0? Credit to him.
Urban does not win a personality contest with a lot of people, but the man is a stone-cold killer of a football coach...there is no doubt about that.

Advertisement
I am glad everyone is in agreement that we need to Rebuild, including the current Head Coach. I am also glad that many agree that there are not many people out there qualified to rebuild. Thus, if there are not many qualified people out there to do Turnaround, except for maybe Meyer, who will probably go to FSU before Miami, then, Butch is looking more and more attractive. Love it or not, he is the most qualified for Rebuilding and Conducting a Turnaround. The only two who could be close, but still not in the same league, not having ever had to rebuild on food stamps, the way Butch did in the past, would be Leach or Gundy.

Guys, we're never gonna be back... We don't have the backing/support, the money and the game has changed.

The only coaches that could do it is the kind Miami won't ever hire. Urban Meyer. Bob Stoops.

We ain't winning no titles with no manny diaz mario cristobal greg schiano etc etc

Advertisement
Moreover, Lord help us if FSU gets Meyer. Between FSU and Clemson, at this pace, UM will never see another championship.... any championship. ACC, National Championship, etc. This Category 5 emergency mode!

Yes. We have had two decades of bad hires, self imposed scholarship reductions (total cuckoo), etc. We just need one lucky hire or lucky jackpot at QB to revert back to the U. In the end, either brings the local talent back to the U. Too much local talent to remain where we are.

I also note that legal paying players would help. Miami is a city with plenty of endorsement dollars. We should not fear that.

ClRaglGWkAE_JrZ.jpg
Is there a DBC face filter on Snapchat?

Advertisement
There is. But after being the architect of the greatest college team ever assembled the idiots around here act like the man never accomplished anything. Then they get lemon faced and bunches panties when called out for it. How on Earth do call yourself a Cane fan and long for football times of 01 while rejecting the man who created them? But I'mma leave it alone.

Matt Rhule is a name that I’ve been thinking about lately as well. Guy who gets the most out of lower rated recruits on both sides of the ball.

Facts, my g. Got Temple to back to back 10 win seasons.

Took over a crushed Baylor program. He only won one game 1st yr, but immediately got them to 7 in yr 2, and now is undefeated in yr 3.

Think he would absolutely kill it here.

That's silly and adds nothing to the conversation.

Actually, it’s not silly at all. We just struggled to beat a G5 team, and we lost to a 1-5 team. Majority of our coaching staff comes from G5 programs w very little success.

Bill Clark would do very well here b/c he’s actually rebuilt two programs on two different competition levels. We have zero shot at any big names FBS coach. Either we go after Bill Clark or try to sneak on Matt Rhule before he becomes a hot commodity, but either way, stop giving this underachieving program so much gas. We are nothing more than a glorified G5 team b/c we play in the ACC. That’s it.

Advertisement
So developing players, being able to win with limited resources, and being a winner bc that's all he has ever done is not the skillset you are looking for. Got it.

I think his skillset fits Miami especially being able to win with limited resources bc Miami isn't pumping the money into it's program like Clemson and Alabama etc. So the next coach needs to be able to get the most out of the limited resources we have.

Here’s the other cold thing; so after Clark started winning, UAB boosters started pouring money in to the athletic program. New football digs, new track & field digs. Amazing how that happens. Clark would get the needle moving, imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back