Is there any coach that could win championships at Miami?

Let's get back to winning National Championships & dominating. Enough with this $@&! It's been 15 years of mediocre football (with one blip).

Butch built the greatest football team ever at Miami (under heavy scholarship limitations). Here's how you build a juggernaut & create an awesone pitch to recruits:

1) Set aside grudges;
2) Set aside egos;
3) Bring Butch back tomorrow as lead talent evaluator and a figurehead Assistant Head Coach;
4) Relieve Baker of his duties (and have Manny coach the D);
5) Have Butch build the recruiting infrastructure & lead talent evaluation. No-one has an eye for talent as strong as Butch. No-one. Stockpile serious talent & let Manny coach it on D; and
6) Butch can give input to Enos on offense and/or look for a new OC.

The pitch to recruits would be off the hook (building a monster like 2001). We'd be back in playoff contention in a couple of years. Bury the hatchet and let's get back to dominating.

Advertisement
Let's get back to winning National Championships & dominating. Enough with this $@&! It's been 15 years of mediocre football (with one blip).

Butch built the greatest football team ever at Miami (under heavy scholarship limitations). Here's how you build a juggernaut & create an awesone pitch to recruits:

1) Set aside grudges;
2) Set aside egos;
3) Bring Butch back tomorrow as lead talent evaluator and a figurehead Assistant Head Coach;
4) Relieve Baker of his duties (and have Manny coach the D);
5) Have Butch build the recruiting infrastructure & lead talent evaluation. No-one has an eye for talent as strong as Butch. No-one. Stockpile serious talent & let Manny coach it on D; and
6) Butch can give input to Enos on offense and/or look for a new OC.

The pitch to recruits would be off the hook (building a monster like 2001). We'd be back in playoff contention in a couple of years. Bury the hatchet and let's get back to dominating.
He's not interested....

Bill Mutha fckin Clarke.

Undoubtedly he would struggle his 1st yr just coming to a bigger conference, but I believe he would have us humming by yr 3 fa sho, w marked improvements by yr 2. Big Bill Clarke fan.
7FMUKZVi_400x400.jpg

Advertisement
It won’t matter until the BoT decides to get serious about football, terminates Blake James, and brings in a competent AD with some credibility who can bring in a solid coach and give him some resources for a staff.

Whoever the next coach is should hopefully have a decent staff already with the ability to upgrade.
I wonder if that will ever happen again. Seems like the days of a strong independent AD like Sam Jankovich are over.

Facts, my g. Got Temple to back to back 10 win seasons.

Took over a crushed Baylor program. He only won one game 1st yr, but immediately got them to 7 in yr 2, and now is undefeated in yr 3.

Think he would absolutely kill it here.
Related to Dr. Franklin Ruhle?

Advertisement
I kept bringing up for a while because I read somewhere he was looking to get out, and I think he'd be a nice fit for us.
We do have something of an Oklahoma tradition, with Butch and Coker. So, not like an Okie coach couldn't adapt.

After Butch's first year in Dallas, he did mention one of the Gundy's to me as the HS QB we should be going after at the time. I think it was Cale. Didn't Cale end up at Okie State?

Yes. I don’t think they drop bags at Notre Dame, and they’ve managed to at least get to the show.

Urban has done it everywhere he’s been

Advertisement
Actually, it’s not silly at all. We just struggled to beat a G5 team, and we lost to a 1-5 team. Majority of our coaching staff comes from G5 programs w very little success.

Bill Clark would do very well here b/c he’s actually rebuilt two programs on two different competition levels. We have zero shot at any big names FBS coach. Either we go after Bill Clark or try to sneak on Matt Rhule before he becomes a hot commodity, but either way, stop giving this underachieving program so much gas. We are nothing more than a glorified G5 team b/c we play in the ACC. That’s it.

Everyone would "kill it at Miami" until they get here, then we call it a cheap, lazy hire when the guy goes 7-5.

What did you just say about getting Temple to 10-win seasons? Well I know a guy who took 0-11 Temple to 9-4. And guess what.....he didn't kill it here either.

My guy Mike Gundy sure could.

would be a top 3 choice for me. Since 2010, he has six 10 win seasons and a top 20 offense every year except 2014. Would be the best fix if he were willing to leave ok state

let’s circle back in two years..

Not sure I agree....Faust was pretty bad and even less qualified, with zero college experience.
Faust was a deer in headlights. I loved that we kicked the **** out of him in 85 and Ara and Brett Musberger were crying.

Advertisement
Faust was a deer in headlights. I loved that we kicked the **** out of him in 85 and Ara and Brett Musberger were crying.
Those two ******** really started the national thug image with that game.

Everyone would "kill it at Miami" until they get here, then we call it a cheap, lazy hire when the guy goes 7-5.

What did you just say about getting Temple to 10-win seasons? Well I know a guy who took 0-11 Temple to 9-4. And guess what.....he didn't kill it here either.

Who have we hired that we ACTUALLY wanted? Lol.

And Rhule & Golden is hilarious for you to compare. Literally no comparison. Ummmmm, First off Rhule is already at a P5 school AND IS KILLING IT. LMAO

Second off, Golden won 9 games once, and by the time we hired him, he won 8 games. Rhule won 10 games back to back.

U’re literally are making zero sense. Names we floated and have not been hired:
Leach
Peterson
Meyers
Smart
Mullen
Mario
Campbell
Gundy
Butch

So which one of those guys have hired and flopped here?? LMAO.

Who have we hired that we ACTUALLY wanted? Lol.

And Rhule & Golden is hilarious for you to compare. Literally no comparison. Ummmmm, First off Rhule is already at a P5 school AND IS KILLING IT. LMAO

Second off, Golden won 9 games once, and by the time we hired him, he won 8 games. Rhule won 10 games back to back.

U’re literally are making zero sense. Names we floated and have not been hired:
Leach
Peterson
Meyers
Smart
Mullen
Mario
Campbell
Gundy
Butch

So which one of those guys have hired and flopped here?? LMAO.

Rhule is killing it? I would like to direct you to Al Golden's first seven games of 2013.

And Rhule didn't take over an 0-11 program at Temple, so you are correct that there is no comparison.

Coaches that would win at Miami

1. Mike Leech - Has proven every where he has been he can win 10 or more games
2. Dabo - would set the world on fire at UM

Not Sure (Only Because I am not sure they can rebuild a team) Rebuilding a team is a bit different)

1. Lincoln Riley- Never had to rebuild a team so not sure how it would work out
2. Urban Meyer - Always been in a situation where the talent level was there to succeed
LOL your screen name is perfect because this post is full on excrement.

not sure on Lincoln Riley and Urban but mike ******* leach is a lock? Brother man go to church and pray for your irredeemable soul.

Advertisement
Back