Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

I don’t have an agenda nor am I saying for one second he’s not a massive upgrade. For the record, I think Mario’s the best we’re gonna get and would welcome him.

What I find humorous though, is the excuses made constantly for his poor performances. Just like the ones you just made.

He’s been there 5 years, recruiting at a high level. Why doesn’t he have depth and a QB. And should he need it to avoid nearly losing to 1-5 Cal for the second straight year?

His teams continuously play to the level of their competition.
If you’re asking for blowouts to every subpar opponent we won’t find a coach

Advertisement
i don't think we have any boosters who are billionaires. none.
He's a billionaire and he went to UM. He owns Inter Miami and I think Loves the U.

He's also on the UM board for International Business. But I don't know if he's a Booster?

Jorge Mas Santos is a business leader, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He currently serves as Chairman of the Cuban American National Foundation and Managing Owner of Major League Soccer team Inter Miami CF. Wikipedia
Born: 1963 (age 58 years), Miami, FL
Net worth: 1.3 billion USD (2021) Forbes
Education: University of Miami (MBA), University of Miami (BBA);

Another thing to consider…when USC finally makes the right hire (big if Ik, but it’ll happen eventually), they’ll have a fast track to the Pac-12 championship… when they’re clicking…no one is out recruiting them on their turf. no west coast Cali boy is going to Oregon over USC, no matter how beast of a recruiter you are.

Last edited:
Another thing to consider…when USC finally makes the right hire (big if Ik, but it’ll happen eventually), they’ll have a fast track to the Pac-12 championship… when they’re clicking…no one is out recruiting them in their turf. no west coast Cali boy is going to Oregon over USC, no matter how beast of a recruiter you are.
That’s in the back of Mario’s mind I think.

Advertisement
Advertisement
that is true except when we spend 6 mill to get him, the expectations will ramp up
You’re forgetting to consider that our reaction to a loss with this HC are intensified because over 3 years, he looses every other game.

Projecting this fanbase’s current reaction after a loss onto another coach is faulty.

I think with two more losses Oregon’s arrogant enough to say “ no playoff year 4 hmm we can do better. Feel free to explore your alma mater” not fire him per se, just not care if he walks. Just my view.

If he only has two losses, I’m only guessing here, I don’t think he’d get that much negative pressure. Around 4 losses that might change. But I have no idea, nor do I have a feel for what the powers that be, have for expectations in Oregon.

Close to zero is not zero. But I’m sure you didn’t get very far in math in school.

That’s not a receipt for me, that’s one for you and your lack of reading comprehension.

Later on in the thread I said somewhere less than 10 percent, ie, close to zero.

Close to zero is a non-zero number.

You’re playing little girl games of gotcha, but you’re only getting yourself.

Just keep digging.

Honestly, this may be one of the most CIS exchanges I have witnessed in quite some time...

Two posters having an argument concerning the nuance between saying we have a "0% chance" or "close to 0% chance" to hire a HC who is a Cuban-American, former UM player while our current HC (and AD) still hasn't been fired, resulting in one of them making a homo-erotic gif of the other calling into question his use of "logic," while spelling his username incorrectly.

Never change, CIS.

Advertisement
Honestly, this may be one of the most CIS exchanges I have witnessed in quite some time...

Two posters having an argument concerning the nuance between saying we have a "0% chance" or "close to 0% chance" to hire a HC who is a Cuban-American, former UM player while our current HC (and AD) still hasn't been fired, resulting in one of them making a homo-erotic gif of the other calling into question his use of "logic," while spelling his username incorrectly.

Never change, CIS.
To make it even more CIS, the homo-erotic gif has typos.

Never change, CIS.
It’s what keeps me logged in - the exchange, not the homo-erotic gif.

It’s what keeps me logged in - the exchange, not the homo-erotic gif.
seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that.gif

Advertisement
I think what Mario will bring is stability and most level headed fans and alumni folks will be more willing to give him time to build this program and root for his success and rally around the program. We all know he can recruit and win conference championships. He’s proven that so automatically he has that credibility.
Diaz on the other hand was a quick reaction hire with no HC experience. So all is failures will not be given the benefit of doubt and I agree. He has nothing to show that he can or has figured it out before. It’s only gotten worse with even more seasoned players.
Anyway, Mario would be great for Miami. He’s #1 for me based on stability bc if he comes it means the university showed him a commitment that he believes.
The easy hire would be Hugh Freeze IMO bc they could just wash their hands clean of Diaz and just hope Freeze resurrects his career without having to put in all the extra money and resources it would take for Mario.
So my hope is they get this completely turned around and Mario comes home bc that means we are committed to long term success.
This is 100% my thought process.

I love Freeze, as is clear from my prior posts, and he'd come cheaper than he'll ever be. But none of us believes our milquetoast BOT would hire him.

Unfortunately we will have to seriously overpay for Mario, but at least he can bring the stability and coherence that Richt might have if he hadn't been burnt.

A potential big positive for Mario is that as long as things go well, we might actually get the same HC for a full decade.

Never change, CIS.
I was just going to say how bizarrely entertaining this is.

This is 100% my thought process.

I love Freeze, as is clear from my prior posts, and he'd come cheaper than he'll ever be. But none of us believes our milquetoast BOT would hire him.

Unfortunately we will have to seriously overpay for Mario, but at least he can bring the stability and coherence that Richt might have if he hadn't been burnt.

A potential big positive for Mario is that as long as things go well, we might actually get the same HC for a full decade.

Upvoted bigly for a truly fitting use of the word "milquetoast".

Advertisement
Back