Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

Advertisement
Could you imagine if the team not coming to help James Williams in the endzone would of happened under Mario? Dude would of had a conniption on the sideline. That's the type of energy we need.
I think you are wrong. Mario would rip Williams for his extra curricular **** that is only going to get him into trouble and hurt the team. Mario won’t be playing the faux swag game here like Manny allows and cheer leads.

I think you are wrong. Mario would rip Williams for his extra curricular **** that is only going to get him into trouble and hurt the team. Mario won’t be playing the faux swag game here like Manny allows and cheer leads.
There is nothing faux about Williams

I think what Mario will bring is stability and most level headed fans and alumni folks will be more willing to give him time to build this program and root for his success and rally around the program. We all know he can recruit and win conference championships. He’s proven that so automatically he has that credibility.
Diaz on the other hand was a quick reaction hire with no HC experience. So all is failures will not be given the benefit of doubt and I agree. He has nothing to show that he can or has figured it out before. It’s only gotten worse with even more seasoned players.
Anyway, Mario would be great for Miami. He’s #1 for me based on stability bc if he comes it means the university showed him a commitment that he believes.
The easy hire would be Hugh Freeze IMO bc they could just wash their hands clean of Diaz and just hope Freeze resurrects his career without having to put in all the extra money and resources it would take for Mario.
So my hope is they get this completely turned around and Mario comes home bc that means we are committed to long term success.

Advertisement
I think what Mario will bring is stability and most level headed fans and alumni folks will be more willing to give him time to build this program and root for his success and rally around the program. We all know he can recruit and win conference championships. He’s proven that so automatically he has that credibility.
Diaz on the other hand was a quick reaction hire with no HC experience. So all is failures will not be given the benefit of doubt and I agree. He has nothing to show that he can or has figured it out before. It’s only gotten worse with even more seasoned players.
Anyway, Mario would be great for Miami. He’s #1 for me based on stability bc if he comes it means the university showed him a commitment that he believes.
The easy hire would be Hugh Freeze IMO bc they could just wash their hands clean of Diaz and just hope Freeze resurrects his career without having to put in all the extra money and resources it would take for Mario.
So my hope is they get this completely turned around and Mario comes home bc that means we are committed to long term success.

Can’t argue with any of this. Good post.

If we do end up getting Mario I hope fans don't expect immediate results... He's not an offensive or defensive guru. He's never been an OC or DC. He's a CEO style HC and a program builder, I think it would take at minimum 2 full seasons until we start to see big improvements
I want a Riley type hire badly. Gimme lane for the love of god

Lol theyll be in patient the moment we lose a stinker to Pitt or some ****. The fan Base will forever be inpatient

Lol theyll be in patient the moment we lose a stinker to Pitt or some ****. The fan Base will forever be inpatient

I can already hear “He did this at Oregon every week, why did any of you think it would be any different here?”

Advertisement
Add that Mario has a better skill position situation here than he has at Oregon

Add that Mario has a better skill position situation here than he has at Oregon

Does he currently have better skill position players than Cal, Oregon State, Fresno State, Arizona and Stanford? Teams he’s struggled to beat or lost to recently?

Does he currently have better skill position players than Cal, Oregon State, Fresno State, Arizona and Stanford? Teams he’s struggled to beat or lost to recently?
He does. And still a massive upgrade over what we have. What he misses at Oregon is depth and a qb. Though your agenda is tired and obvious. No candidate is flawless

Advertisement
He does. And still a massive upgrade over what we have. What he misses at Oregon is depth and a qb. Though your agenda is tired and obvious. No candidate is flawless

I don’t have an agenda nor am I saying for one second he’s not a massive upgrade. For the record, I think Mario’s the best we’re gonna get and would welcome him.

What I find humorous though, is the excuses made constantly for his poor performances. Just like the ones you just made.

He’s been there 5 years, recruiting at a high level. Why doesn’t he have depth and a QB. And should he need it to avoid nearly losing to 1-5 Cal for the second straight year?

His teams continuously play to the level of their competition.

I don’t have an agenda nor am I saying for one second he’s not a massive upgrade. For the record, I think Mario’s the best we’re gonna get and would welcome him.

What I find humorous though, is the excuses made constantly for his poor performances. Just like the ones you just made.

He’s been there 5 years, recruiting at a high level. Why doesn’t he have depth and a QB. And should he need it to avoid nearly losing to 1-5 Cal for the second straight year?

His teams continuously play to the level of their competition.
Well that’s all true. But aside from saban name me a coach that consistently puts away worse teams like they should . Maybe Ohio state. Everyone else plays down sometimes. Look at ufag. Playing up to bama and almost winning and then losing bad to lsu who’s awful and then a decent Kentucky.

Last year we’re 8-3 and people were micro-critiquing every play of every game.

I wonder if you’d feel the same way here if two plays changed and we were sitting at an ugly, penalty marred, assignment blown, poor tackling 4-2, making Manny 12-5 over his last 17.

Everyone says just win here, til the first time we win ugly.
C’mon, Go Canes!

We can easily make the argument that he would’ve won 3 or 4 games last year which would make his record even worse than what it is now.

He sucks! The team is what it is as the record reflects. End of argument.

Advertisement
Well that’s all true. But aside from saban name me a coach that consistently puts away worse teams like they should . Maybe Ohio state. Everyone else plays down sometimes. Look at ufag. Playing up to bama and almost winning and then losing bad to lsu who’s awful and then a decent Kentucky.

Kentucky is 6-1 and ranked. Cal has one win other than Oregon the last two seasons combined. And it nearly just happened again coming off the loss to Stanford.

C’mon, Go Canes!

We can easily make the argument that he would’ve won 3 or 4 games last year which would make his record even worse than what it is now.

He sucks! The team is what it is as the record reflects. End of argument.

Sigh. Do you not see any irony here?

Kentucky is 6-1 and ranked. Cal has one win other than Oregon the last two seasons combined. And it nearly just happened again coming off the loss to Stanford.
Cal has looked decent lately. They had their shots in that game for sure. I thought they were going to win it. KT saved Oregon in that 2nd half. His pressure made the difference.

Advertisement
Back