Interesting fact about the Top 3 QBs in the NFL Draft

Bridgewater was a top All-world QB recruit. WTF is this ****? UF, Miami, Tenn, and more all wanted him to be their next QB. OSU wanted him too as a QB... bad. But they got Miller early and that was the end of that.

Advertisement
LULZ @ the people with their agendas.

All D said was the top 3 QBs rated in this draft were recruited by various big name/big recruiting schools at other positions. It's fact.

Lets not pretend he doesn't have an agenda of his own. His is backed up by facts in this instance, but he posted to prove a point. It wasn't just some "oh look at that" observation.

Yeah, I'll pass on all 3. Send Washington a 2 for Cousins and call it a day. That said, I'd be willing to wager that both Bortles and Bridgewater are around longer than Manziel.

I don't think anyone will mistake Treon Harris for Johnny Manziel, despite the similar size. Manziel just has the 'It' factor on the field. His playmaking ability and improvisation are elite.

How can you say Harris doesn't have that "it" factor himself?

He doesn't run around like Maziel but he's battle tested and a proven winner.

Battle tested? Harris hasn't even played in college yet?

All D said was the top 3 QBs rated in this draft were recruited by various big name/big recruiting schools at other positions. It's fact.

Lets not pretend he doesn't have an agenda of his own. His is backed up by facts in this instance, but he posted to prove a point. It wasn't just some "oh look at that" observation.

Actually I thought it must have something to do with South Florida QB's in general :newman:

Advertisement
Sorry Mr. DMoney I am going to call you out on this one. Your boy Teddy would have never survived the gauntlet of the SEC defenses. Name one formidable opponent Teddy faced over his tenure at UL, please enlighten me b/c I could be mistaken, but your boy has looked bad at the combine thus far. I believe he doesn't have what it takes to be on par with Russell at the next level.

Big Ben had SEC defenses in the MAC? Or Flacco at powerhouse Delaware St?

Sorry Mr. DMoney I am going to call you out on this one. Your boy Teddy would have never survived the gauntlet of the SEC defenses. Name one formidable opponent Teddy faced over his tenure at UL, please enlighten me b/c I could be mistaken, but your boy has looked bad at the combine thus far. I believe he doesn't have what it takes to be on par with Russell at the next level.

Big Ben had SEC defenses in the MAC? Or Flacco at powerhouse Delaware St?

Flacco playing at Delaware State actually would have been very interesting. Dude lost some melanin along the way somewhere.

I guess we will see. Tim Tebow was drafted in the 1st round as well.

Advertisement
I still believe it's fair to point out that the local analysis of Bridgewater by UM fans was influenced by "the Jacory factor." I have to admit to suffering from it myself.

How is that a valid defense? You're basically admitting that you didn't evaluate him, and instead focused on irrelevant external factors that Teddy can't control. You can't evaluate a prospect by a bunch of data points and demographic characteristics, which is why I can't stand the database scouts on this site (and all others).

I think it's fair to point out that Bridgewater was the #1 overall prospect on the defunct theringer.com. Some people actually watch the film and know what to look for. They typically don't work in the recruiting industry though.

The arguments against him in this thread are terrible:

Schedule? He can't control that so focus on what he actually shows on film. There's more than enough film of him in NFL-type situations to conclude about him as a player.

Teddy Bridgewater and Brandon Weeden couldn't be farther apart as players. That's the worst comparison I've ever heard, congratulations jw410.

He wasn't required to make many reads? Are you out of your mind kmwcane? Teddy is the only top QB prospect in this draft that played in a pro-style offense with a lot of under-center work. He played in a low-to-high progression read system and frequently executed full-field reads working down to his 2nd or 3rd progression. The whole appeal of Bridgewater is that he comes from a pro system making pro reads, smh. You guys are either haters or truly suck at evaluating, sorry.

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! People continue to wish for flaws with this kid... He's the lone true passer in this draft... I personally think he was in a more difficult offensive system where his supporting casts lacked athletic ability to an extent... The kid is the most and accurate and precise qb in draft... I actually want to see him with a Mike Evans, K. Benjamin or even a UCF wr core... The kid is the smartest qb in the draft...

TB will be a very good NFL QB. He will start as a rookie and win ballgames with his talent. I don't like him or Eli, but he's a **** of a QB. He was great at MNW without a scheme. He wanted a black head coach, when Randy left he jumped ship. He's a smart kid that wins. Any team that gets him will be spending their money wisely. Defiantly a Sunday kid.

I wish people stop saying this... He went to a program that actually wanted him as a qb and made him a priority... Al did speak with him but there were reports out that it was more of a cordial greeting... Al loved Jacob Ruddock, Nova at RU, Brisset and even pursued that one kid who had a strong arm that was committed to Fresno State... That being said, the kid didn't want to play here because the majority of fans didn't want him here... I think we'll see something similar with Treon...

Advertisement
Lol teddy Bridgewater and Alex Smith comparison I've heard it all

Not saying he'll be as good as Smith but they have similar strengths and weaknesses. Guess it would have been better to say he's a poor mans Alez Smith.

He'll be better than Smith especially if he is given 7 years to become the starter... This guy only has one read and it's the check down to the running back...

I don't think anyone will mistake Treon Harris for Johnny Manziel, despite the similar size. Manziel just has the 'It' factor on the field. His playmaking ability and improvisation are elite.

Battle tested? Harris hasn't even played in college yet?

He's played against the best competition in the country at the high school level. Up to this point in his career, he's battle tested.

I know he hasn't played in college yet. That doesn't discredit what he's done thus far.

Regardless, he got the offer and became a gator--THE END. He is a gator, let's stop talking about him.

By the way, best oops on a QB has to have been old Joe Pa wanting our own Jim Kelly as a LB.

Advertisement

And if you dig even deeper its crazy how often that has been true. RGIII was wanted as a receiver or DB by all but like 2 schools. UGA and Clemson recruited Cam as a TE. Guys like Vick and McNabb were recruited at other positions. There's a really long list of exactly what D-Money talks about if you do the digging.

And if you dig even deeper its crazy how often that has been true. RGIII was wanted as a receiver or DB by all but like 2 schools. UGA and Clemson recruited Cam as a TE. Guys like Vick and McNabb were recruited at other positions. There's a really long list of exactly what D-Money talks about if you do the digging.

Tebow too?

Tebow too?

Yep, that's another. A lot of schools offered him as a linebacker and a few as a strong safety.

Advertisement
Back