Interesting fact about the Top 3 QBs in the NFL Draft

Jim Harbaugh wanted both Griffin and Manziel badly as QBs. Interestingly he tried to sell RG3 on a platoon system with Luck. He also loved Kapernick when others didn't. He really values playmaking ability. Doubt he would have any interest in a Bridgewater though as he's pretty similar to Alex Smith.

Advertisement
I maybe wrong I maybe right.. That's why I like blogs.. It's just an opinion and speculation...

Smith will struggle again this year.. imo
Weeden is weeden

So OP suggests coaches sometimes make mistakes about QB talent? ¡no me digas!

Couldn't happen here.

Advertisement
The Bridgewater doubters really crack me up. First, it was he was a WR playing QB. Then, it was while he may play QB in college, he'd never be successful at it. Then it was he might have some success but he's going to lose out on millions. Now, as he is staring first round Draft pick status square in the face, it's he won't make it as an NFL QB. Of course, when he has some success, then people will scream "well he won't ever win a Super Bowl." Smh

Can't blame Teddy for the schedule he faced. I don't follow UL closely but I'm assuming the best D he faced was Florida in the Sugar Bowl and he did just fine. Big stage against a team riddled with draft picks and he played well. I'll never forget that hit he took from Bostic and got up and kept playing. Hard to root against someone when they do stuff like that, man.

As for looking bad at the combine, as stated, you must not be watching. He hasn't done anything at the combine. If that's looking bad then most QBs worth a **** look "bad". He'll probably take the safe route and throw with his guys on his field during his pro day. Come on, now

Advertisement
I don't think anyone will mistake Treon Harris for Johnny Manziel, despite the similar size. Manziel just has the 'It' factor on the field. His playmaking ability and improvisation are elite.

How can you say Harris doesn't have that "it" factor himself?

He doesn't run around like Maziel but he's battle tested and a proven winner.

Agree with the post but I've seen him do the bolded multiple times. When talking about the best PLAYER in Dade, Treon's name should always be in the conversation. Special player

The Bridgewater doubters really crack me up. First, it was he was a WR playing QB. Then, it was while he may play QB in college, he'd never be successful at it. Then it was he might have some success but he's going to lose out on millions. Now, as he is staring first round Draft pick status square in the face, it's he won't make it as an NFL QB. Of course, when he has some success, then people will scream "well he won't ever win a Super Bowl." Smh

I think people have legitimate doubts about him. I watched him play many games and in no way think he is a sure fire first rounder. My concerns with him are that the offense he played in did not require him to make many reads, which will be required in the NFL. Also, Louisville played a weak schedule so it is hard to gauge his abilities against top notch opponents. One win against Florida is not a large enough sample size for me.

Because the NFL has become such a QB driven league, teams will now make reaches in hopes of getting a franchise QB, i.e. Ponder, Weeden, etc... so just because he's a possible first round draft pick doesn't really bolster an argument that he is a shoe in for NFL greatness.

Just because I am skeptical of some of his attributes doesn't mean I am a "hater". He has many great qualities and I truly hopes he succeeds and proves me wrong.

I still believe it's fair to point out that the local analysis of Bridgewater by UM fans was influenced by "the Jacory factor." I have to admit to suffering from it myself.

How is that a valid defense? You're basically admitting that you didn't evaluate him, and instead focused on irrelevant external factors that Teddy can't control. You can't evaluate a prospect by a bunch of data points and demographic characteristics, which is why I can't stand the database scouts on this site (and all others).

I think it's fair to point out that Bridgewater was the #1 overall prospect on the defunct theringer.com. Some people actually watch the film and know what to look for. They typically don't work in the recruiting industry though.

The arguments against him in this thread are terrible:

Schedule? He can't control that so focus on what he actually shows on film. There's more than enough film of him in NFL-type situations to conclude about him as a player.

Teddy Bridgewater and Brandon Weeden couldn't be farther apart as players. That's the worst comparison I've ever heard, congratulations jw410.

He wasn't required to make many reads? Are you out of your mind kmwcane? Teddy is the only top QB prospect in this draft that played in a pro-style offense with a lot of under-center work. He played in a low-to-high progression read system and frequently executed full-field reads working down to his 2nd or 3rd progression. The whole appeal of Bridgewater is that he comes from a pro system making pro reads, smh. You guys are either haters or truly suck at evaluating, sorry.

Last edited:
TB will be a very good NFL QB. He will start as a rookie and win ballgames with his talent. I don't like him or Eli, but he's a **** of a QB. He was great at MNW without a scheme. He wanted a black head coach, when Randy left he jumped ship. He's a smart kid that wins. Any team that gets him will be spending their money wisely. Defiantly a Sunday kid.

Advertisement

Exactly! He doesn't "look" like the typical NFL QB because he's black and skinny and bookish-looking instead of big and white and manly so everyone is looking for reasons not to like him, when really there's nothing not to like about him. He's at least good at every aspect of QB play with elite mental tools and intangibles. I project him to be anywhere from Russell Wilson (floor) to Peyton Manning (ceiling) as a pro.

LULZ @ the people with their agendas.

All D said was the top 3 QBs rated in this draft were recruited by various big name/big recruiting schools at other positions. It's fact.

Advertisement
The Top 3 quarterback prospects in the draft are Johnny Manziel, Teddy Brigewater and Blake Bortles.

Manziel's dream school was Texas. They wanted him as a defensive back.

Bridgewater's best offer was from LSU. They wanted him as a receiver.

Bortles's best offer was from Purdue. They wanted him as a tight end.

Something to consider when you criticize a kid who wants to be recruited as a quarterback.

To be little more objective and and draw better conclusion from this observation, why don't you look at (at least) the last 3 drafts and more wanna-be-quarterbacks? Not trying to discredit the validity of it, just suggesting a better look.

Lol teddy Bridgewater and Alex Smith comparison I've heard it all

Not saying he'll be as good as Smith but they have similar strengths and weaknesses. Guess it would have been better to say he's a poor mans Alez Smith.

I still believe it's fair to point out that the local analysis of Bridgewater by UM fans was influenced by "the Jacory factor." I have to admit to suffering from it myself.

How is that a valid defense? You're basically admitting that you didn't evaluate him, and instead focused on irrelevant external factors that Teddy can't control. You can't evaluate a prospect by a bunch of data points and demographic characteristics, which is why I can't stand the database scouts on this site (and all others).

I think it's fair to point out that Bridgewater was the #1 overall prospect on the defunct theringer.com. Some people actually watch the film and know what to look for. They typically don't work in the recruiting industry though.

The arguments against him in this thread are terrible:

Schedule? He can't control that so focus on what he actually shows on film. There's more than enough film of him in NFL-type situations to conclude about him as a player.

Teddy Bridgewater and Brandon Weeden couldn't be farther apart as players. That's the worst comparison I've ever heard, congratulations jw410.

He wasn't required to make many reads? Are you out of your mind kmwcane? Teddy is the only top QB prospect in this draft that played in a pro-style offense with a lot of under-center work. He played in a low-to-high progression read system and frequently executed full-field reads working down to his 2nd or 3rd progression. The whole appeal of Bridgewater is that he comes from a pro system making pro reads, smh. You guys are either haters or truly suck at evaluating, sorry.

No need to resort to name calling but whatever. I know enough about QBs to know that Bridgewater had trouble making pre and post snap reads and many throws of his were predetermined.

As for the schedule he played, of course he couldn't control that. But that isn't the point and not why I brought it up. At the end of the day, out of his control or not, Louisville played a weak schedule.

Why are people so up in arms about any criticism of Bridgewater? Just because I or others have valid concerns about him doesn't mean I am a "hater". I have concerns about all of the QBs in this draft, not just Bridgewater. I just don't see a sure fire number one overall type QB like Cam Newton or Andrew Luck. I hope I'm wrong about all of them and they all turn out to be great NFL QBs.

And shame on Highseas for bringing in race. Has nothing to do with it. Just because YOU think Bridgewater is the perfect prospect doesn't mean he is and those that have doubts about him only do so because he is african american.

I think people have legitimate doubts about him. I watched him play many games and in no way think he is a sure fire first rounder. My concerns with him are that the offense he played in did not require him to make many reads, which will be required in the NFL. Also, Louisville played a weak schedule so it is hard to gauge his abilities against top notch opponents. One win against Florida is not a large enough sample size for me.

Because the NFL has become such a QB driven league, teams will now make reaches in hopes of getting a franchise QB, i.e. Ponder, Weeden, etc... so just because he's a possible first round draft pick doesn't really bolster an argument that he is a shoe in for NFL greatness.

Just because I am skeptical of some of his attributes doesn't mean I am a "hater". He has many great qualities and I truly hopes he succeeds and proves me wrong.

I'm just saying, the doubters seem to keep bringing up their concerns when the reality is this kid is getting ready to make a whole lot of **** money at the position that many said he wouldn't succeed at in college. Your comment about NFL greatness is exactly the point I'm trying to make. The argument keeps shifting because he keeps proving people wrong. Now it's about whether he's going to be a great NFL QB when years back the kid wouldn't be a successful college QB according to some.

Regarding possible first round pick, unless the kid dies before the draft, he's a lock to go first round. Most have him top 5. As D$ said in his post, looks like Bridgewater was right and the armchairs GM's were wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back