Interesting comments from Vereen

You and I care "nil" about soccer, however, it's gaining popularity in the US especially in large metro cities with the recent immigrants. When I grew up there wasn't soccer anywhere but things started changing about two to three decades ago. IMO it's boring, but baseball puts me to sleep sometimes.
This is my interest priority 1. football 2. tennis 3. basketball. 4. baseball 5. hockey … Oh and somewhere in there girl watching.

I bet there is a strong correlation with not just immigrants, but LGBT members in areas that have a large soccer following. Right @CaneOil !

Advertisement
The only thing that can discredit Brady is Belichick. Now, anyone who says Brady isn't clearly in the short list for greatest qb is stupid. His intangibles and results alone put him there. But he did enter a great situation and to his credit and his work ethic, has taken advantage and improved over his career.

But would he have won 5 SBs in another situation another team and without Belichick? 3? 1?? Now the same thing can be said about Belichick, would he have won 5 without Brady? Idk probably not, but he did almost take Matt Cassell to the playoffs. Guys like Elway, Marino and Manning would have been all-time greats anywhere they went, maybe Brady might still have been great, but I will never be able to completely mention him without Belichick just imo.

Edit: missed playoffs with cassell at 11-5

This. Anyone that tries to discredit Brady is a moron, but no one can sit here with a straight face and say he is hands down the GOAT. Is he on the short list? Of course, but there are way to many variables to say he is hands down the GOAT.

Now do Jordan at 41.

Brady is winning championships and playing at an elite level at an age nearly every other great athlete has long, long gone past their ability to even play, much less be at or near the top of his sport.

Hate the Patriots, but Brady is the consummate competitor, teammate and the dude never stops accepting coaching or thinks he's bigger than his franchise. He's taken less money multiple times to win and he's been a top 1-5 QB for 20 freaking years.

View attachment 87704ise.

New rules. You can't touch him. If Montana played in today's NFL, I'm going to assume he would have about 3 more chips and 5 more years in the league. It could be argued that had not N.O got hosed, they would've beat NE and look how old Brees is. The NFL rules to protect QBs is absolutely extending these guys careers. They know they won't get hit below the waist or in the head.

Advertisement
New rules. You can't touch him. If Montana played in today's NFL, I'm going to assume he would have about 3 more chips and 5 more years in the league. It could be argued that had not N.O got hosed, they would've beat NE and look how old Brees is. The NFL rules to protect QBs is absolutely extending these guys careers. They know they won't get hit below the waist or in the head.

They don’t play like this anymore.

Thought Aeneas killed my boy.

For the first 8 years he got his *** handed to him by better players. Had to to wait till the best players retired before he won anything. Saw almost every big game in the Boston Garden in the 80's when the game was on the line in the forth quarter the better players took him over. One of the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen, it would be nothing for him to take 40 to 45 shots or more not including free throws. I'd take Magic in a draft over him every single time when both of them were peaking. I hate to say it but I'd take Magic over my team and Bird, he could control a game like only a few can do like Wilt. Bird absolutely dominated Jordan when the game was on the line in the forth.

MJ was a one man show. He had zero help...not until Pip and Grant came along . Once he got help, ONE OTHER PERSON, the rest was history. LOL.

As far as the ball hog theory....MJ avg. 29.3 / 8.5 apg as rookie in his first playoff game as a rookie. MJ went on to have 10 straight triple doubles several years later b/c that's what was asked of him. MJ was far from a ball hog. Kobe, yes, ball hog. MJ just did whatever it took to win, but he did have some learning curves to work w/in the frame work of the team and Phil helped him w/ that.

They don’t play like this anymore.

Thought Aeneas killed my boy.

All I'm saying. These guys are having clean jerseys nowadays. Brady has zero fear back there, and neither do any of these QBs. Put Montana, Aikman, Young, Marino in the backfield w/ today's rules and they dominate...legit.

Advertisement
and if there was a salary cap hed have two less rings..... you seen some of those 49er teams ?? Stacked....would be hard to do in salary cap era

Advertisement
Now do Jordan at 41.

Brady is winning championships and playing at an elite level at an age nearly every other great athlete has long, long gone past their ability to even play, much less be at or near the top of his sport.

Hate the Patriots, but Brady is the consummate competitor, teammate and the dude never stops accepting coaching or thinks he's bigger than his franchise. He's taken less money multiple times to win and he's been a top 1-5 QB for 20 freaking years.

View attachment 87704ise.
Even if you don't like Brady and bellicich just enjoy the history they are making.it's something you'll never see again in your lifetime.probably be something no one else will be able ever to duplicate

Yet he's somehow managed to win nearly as many Super Bowls (6) than those four Hall of Famers (7) combined. And he's not done or showing any signs of slowing down.

And as far as the different eras go, the guy won a Super Bowl in 2001, just three seasons after Elway won his last one. Were those the seasons where the game changed to something completely different?
Ok, you're a Superfan. But if you looked up that bogus roughing the passer lo and behold it was implemented in 2001. Say what you want, the guys I named, along with the Ken Andersons, Ron Jaworkis and so on secretly laugh at such a notion given the punishment they took and how Brady cries like a ***** dam near every time he gets hit. He left the tackle box and turned upfield becoming a running back, got smacked and got up whining to the referee. Please.

Advertisement
Even if you don't like Brady and bellicich just enjoy the history they are making.it's something you'll never see again in your lifetime.probably be something no one else will be able ever to duplicate

I saw Montana win 4 rings, saw Jordan win 6 rings, saw Aikman win 3 rings, saw Gretzky win 4 Stanley Cups...Brady's no original.

LOL, Brady's not even the most decorated athlete in Boston sports history, that would be Bill Russell with 11 rings.

You do realize Brady had one championships in 2 different eras..he’s won as a game manager and as the guy..personally I’m not a Brady fan, but recognize him for his leadership and commitment for excellence..he is the goat
Like I said he's not even playing the same game. Goat cheese.

Advertisement
Back