Interesting comments from Vereen

Does "Abominable" mean "Doesn't agree with me"?

Is this a "Go Team(D/R)" thing or has she called for executions or something truly abominable?

Advertisement
Does "Abominable" mean "Doesn't agree with me"?

Is this a "Go Team(D/R)" thing or has she called for executions or something truly abominable?
It's the old "you're damned if you do and your damned if you don't" syndrome. We are inherently evil.

It's the old "you're damned if you do and your damned if you don't" syndrome. We are inherently evil.
True, but the level of intolerance of an opposing viewpoint is tiresome. If you disagree with me, you're not evil, and you shouldn't be silenced or shamed.

Oh my gosh.. Watch the video I posted even Bird ate Jordan alive. Magic was faster, a better dribbler, jumped higher than Bird but little skinny Jordan is going to beat Magic one on one? Oh come on? Again, when Jordan tried to guard Bird it was a riot. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard a few games. Magic was a much better defender than you're giving him credit for. Jordan rarely guarded the best shooters because he couldn't and when he did he got his *** handed to him.

Lol. So you provide me w/ some highlights of MJ getting beat on some plays and getting blocked on some plays. lol. I'm pretty sure I can find these same clips of MJ dominating Bird. What's the point? I'll find clips of LBJ being dominated by Kobe in his younger years. I'll find clips of Magic being dominated by Zeke. And? Furthermore, Bird is one of thee best players in NBA history. He's on many folks' Mount Rushmore. Again, what's the point?

Advertisement
Wilt did an interview long ago, they were talking about the GOAT. He was asked if He thought Jordan was the GAOT, he laughed and said at our prime would you pick Jordan if we both played one on one? Listen to Wilt, one of the GOATS.

Wilt was the most dominant player the league has seen.

I’ve read stuff from old timers that Wilt lost a couple titles to Boston when he was expected to win because his help got better and Boston was aging. Russell still willed them to victory.

They made a good case and I gave Jordan the edge because once Jordan grew up through those hard losses to Boston and Detroit, he was unbeatable.

Wilt is a champion and top 3 all time player, but Jordan has him in willing a team to victory when it mattered most.

Russell versus Jordan is a harder argument to me because Boston was so stacked.
Still he was the key to that crazy run of championships. What Russell did will never be matched. It’s just hard for me to speculate how he would translate to more modern times.

Older Jordan translates very well to 50s and 60s Nba. I think Russell is a championship player in any era, I just don’t know how he would fit in with the teams to make a projection.

Any Jordan team gets steamrolled in four by these guys:

Jordan vs Wade.

Lebron vs Pippen

Rodman vs Bosh.

Harper vs Allen.

Heat COULD THEORETICALLY win, but the Bulls would sweep them before the reverse. Lebron has had too many lapses in mental toughness for me to bet him over Jordan.

Not sure how this turned into a basketball thread but without question the two dominate forces that played in my era were Bill Russell and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Offensively Jabbar was superb, defensively Russell was unique in that his intention with a block was to make it a turnover versus just swatting it away. It you combined the two you'd have the GOAT, but Russell won my respect and what he accomplished will never be duplicated. It is disturbing today that players go where they talent lies instead of being loyal to a team therefore to me it is like the baseball players that used steroids, their records are tainted since they construct their all star team before they start winning. Lebron is not loyal to anything but Lebron and only functions well when surrounded by all stars.

Advertisement
No he didn't do whatever it took to win, he didn't win for 7 years and his teams were not as bad as people cry about. Bird would just wait till the 4th quarter and put it away, it was easiest when Jordan was guarding him that was a total joke. Take a look shots per game and who took the most, Kobe and Jordan are at the top. Jordan had open guys all the time right at the free throw line, instead he'd take some off balance brick. That's why he lost. Detroit also had his # in 88-90 with Pippen. Nobody gives the worm the credit he deserves, on of the best of all time and tough as nails.
Only playoff series Jordan ever lost when he had another all star on his squad was 89 against the pistons (pippen missed game 6) and 95 when he came back from his 2 year hiatus......basically every single time he had a non-Trash supporting cast he won

In 86 they had Oakley, Pax, Threat, you forgot about them? All very good players, stop making excuses. They had even better players against Detroit and still lost. Jordan was a great athlete not one doubt about it. Doc and Dominique were tremendous athletes but they couldn't control a game like Magic. Bird shot over pip and Jordan at the same time two on one and still couldn't stop him from hitting the game winner.

Again, Bird ate Jordan alive when he tried to guard him, it was like taking candy from a baby. Some of you guys are taking it wrong, I never said Jordan wasn't a great player he just wasn't the goat. You have to beat the best to be the best and he never did. You think one on one Jordan would have beaten Magic one out of 10 games? Ya maybe one. How about Wilt or Dom? How about Bird? I saw what Bird did to Jordan every time and he's a slow white guy. Imagine what Magic would do to him? Nike made Jordan more than he was all for the mighty buck.
I mean they went one on one on the dream team and by all accounts Jordan ate THEM alive

In 86 they had Oakley, Pax, Threat, you forgot about them? All very good players, stop making excuses. They had even better players against Detroit and still lost. Jordan was a great athlete not one doubt about it. Doc and Dominique were tremendous athletes but they couldn't control a game like Magic. Bird shot over pip and Jordan at the same time two on one and still couldn't stop him from hitting the game winner.

Again, Bird ate Jordan alive when he tried to guard him, it was like taking candy from a baby. Some of you guys are taking it wrong, I never said Jordan wasn't a great player he just wasn't the goat. You have to beat the best to be the best and he never did. You think one on one Jordan would have beaten Magic one out of 10 games? Ya maybe one. How about Wilt or Dom? How about Bird? I saw what Bird did to Jordan every time and he's a slow white guy. Imagine what Magic would do to him? Nike made Jordan more than he was all for the mighty buck.
Prime Bird was better than prime magic....the three straight mvp trophies back that up, advanced stats back that up. Bird just got ****ed by his back starting in 87

Pax, Oakley?? lmao they’d be buried on the 86 and 87 Celtics bench....you sound delusional

Advertisement
As Jack Lambert famously said, "Maybe we ought to put dresses on quarterbacks."

The only reason Brady is playing at the level he is at the age he is because of the rule changes.

Is he the most decorated, accomplished QB ever? Well, yes, lol. Stats don't lie.

But the most dominating team ever is the 60s Celtics. 11 championships in 13 years. Those stats don't lie either. xD

Lol. So you provide me w/ some highlights of MJ getting beat on some plays and getting blocked on some plays. lol. I'm pretty sure I can find these same clips of MJ dominating Bird. What's the point? I'll find clips of LBJ being dominated by Kobe in his younger years. I'll find clips of Magic being dominated by Zeke. And? Furthermore, Bird is one of thee best players in NBA history. He's on many folks' Mount Rushmore. Again, what's the point?

Like I have said many times MJ was a great player, Just not the GOAT.

Advertisement
Pax, Oakley?? lmao they’d be buried on the 86 and 87 Celtics bench....you sound delusional
Just as well Jordan wouldn't pass to him he needed to get his 35 or 45 shots off. Paxton had a very good outside shot. .Saved Jordans *** here.
I will answer for caneoil by proxy... Football QB: Brady
I hope he doesn't behead me.

Yup Brady for QB. But Barry Sanders is my all time favorite.

Who’s ur GOAT? Matter of fact out of curiosity, who’s ur GOAT Mt Rushmore in for Sports? (One for each league)

To hard to say in Basketball. By position I'd have to say Wilt center, guard Magic, sorry I loved Magics game in his prime. Forward I can't nail that one down. When Magic was on he was as good as anyone in controlling the game he did it against the Celtics many times. His passing was sickening. lol Got to give Brady the nod for QB, six times is pretty darn good. But Barry Sanders is my favorite. I wished he had gotten to play on a good team.

Hockey Bobby Orr, I have never to this day seen another player that could control a game like he could. Not even counting scoring, when they were shorthanded he could take the puck and eat up almost all of the 2 minutes, two or three guys couldn't take it away.I believed they changed the shorthanded rule because of him. 12 knee surgeries did him in. Gordie Howe retired for good at 52 years old. Frigon Amazing.
G

Baseball, Jackie Robinson would be first on my Mt Rushmore. Might not have been the very first but America was changed forever on this great day.

To hard to say in Basketball. By position I'd have to say Wilt center, guard Magic, sorry I loved Magics game in his prime. Forward I can't nail that one down. When Magic was on he was as good as anyone in controlling the game he did it against the Celtics many times. His passing was sickening. lol Got to give Brady the nod for QB, six times is pretty darn good. But Barry Sanders is my favorite. I wished he had gotten to play on a good team.

Hockey Bobby Orr, I have never to this day seen another player that could control a game like he could. Not even counting scoring, when they were shorthanded he could take the puck and eat up almost all of the 2 minutes, two or three guys couldn't take it away.I believed they changed the shorthanded rule because of him. 12 knee surgeries did him in. Gordie Howe retired for good at 52 years old. Frigon Amazing.
G

Baseball, Jackie Robinson would be first on my Mt Rushmore. Might not have been the very first but America was changed forever on this great day.

Jackie was amazing, and he played with the most obstacles and pressure of anyone ever in baseball. But the Babes numbers are crazy as ****... did pitchers suck that bad back in the 20’s?

Advertisement
Back