Interesting comments from Vereen

Advertisement
The most interesting thing about that article was the Microsoft News Poll at the end....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Now do Jordan at 41.

Brady is winning championships and playing at an elite level at an age nearly every other great athlete has long, long gone past their ability to even play, much less be at or near the top of his sport.

Hate the Patriots, but Brady is the consummate competitor, teammate and the dude never stops accepting coaching or thinks he's bigger than his franchise. He's taken less money multiple times to win and he's been a top 1-5 QB for 20 freaking years.

l_-super-bowl-liii-new-england-patriots-vs-l-4.jpg
ise.

Now do Jordan at 41.

Brady is winning championships and playing at an elite level at an age nearly every other great athlete has long, long gone past their ability to even play, much less be at or near the top of his sport.

Hate the Patriots, but Brady is the consummate competitor, teammate and the dude never stops accepting coaching or thinks he's bigger than his franchise.View attachment 87704

1.) Football is much more of a team sport than Basketball is. What this essentially means is, despite the importance of the QB position, a player can have a far greater impact on the overall outcome of the game in Basketball, than they can in Football. Having to play Offense & Defense is one of the reasons why, but not the only one.

2.) The 41 yr old argument is invalid & irrelevant because the QB position has never been predicated around athleticism, in the same manner that other positions in the sport are. This is especially true of Brady, who when drafted in 2000 was already one of the least athletic QBs to ever enter the league.

Last edited:
Brady's resume makes an almost indesputable case for the greatest career in the history of modern team sports.

"Almost indisputable"? That equals disputable. Not sure how you define "modern" but until someone surpasses Bill Russell there is no debate. Do the math; 11 world titles in 13 seasons and 5 MVPs. He is well before my time, but that's the freakin' man.

Now do Jordan at 41.

Hate the Patriots, but Brady is the consummate competitor, teammate and the dude never stops accepting coaching or thinks he's bigger than his franchise. He's taken less money multiple times to win and he's been a top 1-5 QB for 20 freaking years.

View attachment 87704ise.
It's a much easier league to play in these days. Brady isn't getting destroyed like QBs in the past nor does his receivers have to worry about going across the middle and so forth. Is he doing it better than everybody else currently in the league? Absolutely, but let's not pretend there hasn't been enough smoke that there isn't fire in the organization either.

Advertisement
Brady hasn’t won a super bowl where he hasnt had a good/great defense, a good running game and a great kicker. Football is a team sport.

But...but...

My [insert team] is just [insert "superstar" player/coach] away from multiple championships!

To many muppets howling with no real experience in what it takes to field a high performing organization.

Hint: its very hard. Very. No matter the industry.

So Vereen said that good route runners end up having success in one of the best offenses on the best team for the best QB in the last 20 years or so. What a revelation.....

Brady's resume makes an almost indesputable case for the greatest career in the history of modern team sports.
Puh lease. His crybaby candy *** wouldn't have survived in the days of Montana, Theisman, Marino and Elway. QBs are so babied, coddled and protected these days NONE if them can legitimately be claimed as such. Brady gets sneezed on and he's crying to the refs. Now imagine guys like Singletary, LT, Reggie White, Seth Joyner, Charles Haley, Gastineau, Klecko and the like teeing off on him. He would've ran home crying. No way he can rated the best when he's not even playing the same game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1.) Football is much more of a team sport than Basketball is. What this essentially means is, despite the importance of the QB position, a player can have a far greater impact on the overall outcome of the game in Basketball, than they can in Football. Having to play Offense & Defense is one of the reasons why, but not the only one.

2.) The 41 yr old argument is invalid & irrelevant because the QB position has never been predicated around athleticism, in the same manner that other positions in the sport are. This is especially true of Brady, who when drafted in 2000 was already one of the least athletic QBs to ever enter the league.

If the 41 year old argument is invalid and irrelevant and athleticism has nothing to do with sucess at that position, please name just one other quarterback, or ANY professional athlete for that matter, that's performed at the level Brady is at that age.

Puh lease. His crybaby candy *** wouldn't have survived in the days of Montana, Theisman, Marino and Elway. QBs are so babied, coddled and protected these days NONE if them can legitimately be claimed as such. Brady gets sneezed on and he's crying to the refs. Now imagine guys like Singletary, LT, Reggie White, Seth Joyner, Charles Haley, Gastoneau, Klecko and the like teeing off on him. He would've ran home crying. No way he can rated the best when he's not even playing the same game.

Yet he's somehow managed to win nearly as many Super Bowls (6) than those four Hall of Famers (7) combined. And he's not done or showing any signs of slowing down.

And as far as the different eras go, the guy won a Super Bowl in 2001, just three seasons after Elway won his last one. Were those the seasons where the game changed to something completely different?

"Almost indisputable"? That equals disputable. Not sure how you define "modern" but until someone surpasses Bill Russell there is no debate. Do the math; 11 world titles in 13 seasons and 5 MVPs. He is well before my time, but that's the freakin' man.

He's the best case that can be made for sure. Russell is the ultimate winner.

Advertisement

I used to buy that "the ultimate team sport" argument for Football. Then I saw the same few QBs winning everything each year in the NFL. That one guy makes such a difference, more so than any other team sport I know of.

Greatest career? I lean more towards Xavi (Spain/Barca) or Sergio Ramos (Spain/Real) (maybe Ronaldo and Messi to a extent)....but Xavi and Sergio in a span of about 6 years won every major competition there is (across multiple continents) and both DOMINATED the globe when they did.

For the first 8 years he got his *** handed to him by better players. Had to to wait till the best players retired before he won anything. Saw almost every big game in the Boston Garden in the 80's when the game was on the line in the forth quarter the better players took him over. One of the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen, it would be nothing for him to take 40 to 45 shots or more not including free throws. I'd take Magic in a draft over him every single time when both of them were peaking. I hate to say it but I'd take Magic over my team and Bird, he could control a game like only a few can do like Wilt. Bird absolutely dominated Jordan when the game was on the line in the forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back