Interesting comments from Vereen

Advertisement
Brady hasn’t won a super bowl where he hasnt had a good/great defense, a good running game and a great kicker. Football is a team sport.
The defense against KC this year and eagles last year didn’t look so good. He’s never had a great RB since Corey Dillon

Advertisement
For the first 8 years he got his *** handed to him by better players. Had to to wait till the best players retired before he won anything. Saw almost every big game in the Boston Garden in the 80's when the game was on the line in the forth quarter the better players took him over. One of the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen, it would be nothing for him to take 40 to 45 shots or more not including free throws. I'd take Magic in a draft over him every single time when both of them were peaking. I hate to say it but I'd take Magic over my team and Bird, he could control a game like only a few can do like Wilt. Bird absolutely dominated Jordan when the game was on the line in the forth.

Honestly stopped reading after “for the first 8 years he got his *** handed to him” he won a ring in his 7th year and an mvp in his 4th

New England and Brady have won so much comments like this From Shane Vereen have veracity:

New England RB

Yeah, it's about getting to the open spot where the defense is not at, because all the skill position players on offense should have heard the defensive call coming in on their headsets!

It's a much easier league to play in these days. Brady isn't getting destroyed like QBs in the past nor does his receivers have to worry about going across the middle and so forth. Is he doing it better than everybody else currently in the league? Absolutely, but let's not pretend there hasn't been enough smoke that there isn't fire in the organization either.

**** yeah.

Steve Young and Troy Aiken could have played a lot longer under modern rules.

Honestly stopped reading after “for the first 8 years he got his *** handed to him” he won a ring in his 7th year and an mvp in his 4th
Started in 84 won in 91 his 1st win was into his 7th year when the best players were old or gone, I stand corrected. Magic and Bird had each won 3 MVP's in that time while Jordan was playing. Keep reading... Fast forward to 8:30 for your viewing enjoyment. Bird doing it over Jordan and Pippen for the win in Jordans house. LMAO

Advertisement
Puh lease. His crybaby candy *** wouldn't have survived in the days of Montana, Theisman, Marino and Elway. QBs are so babied, coddled and protected these days NONE if them can legitimately be claimed as such. Brady gets sneezed on and he's crying to the refs. Now imagine guys like Singletary, LT, Reggie White, Seth Joyner, Charles Haley, Gastoneau, Klecko and the like teeing off on him. He would've ran home crying. No way he can rated the best when he's not even playing the same game.
You do realize Brady had one championships in 2 different eras..he’s won as a game manager and as the guy..personally I’m not a Brady fan, but recognize him for his leadership and commitment for excellence..he is the goat

Brady hasn’t won a super bowl where he hasnt had a good/great defense, a good running game and a great kicker. Football is a team sport.

They had the 21st ranked defense in 2018.

5th best rushing attack with no thousand yard rusher.

That team the last few years has been the definition of "team" They haven't really been the greatest they just play well together and are extremely disciplined. The WRs NE has aren't even the best.

That's what makes the **** impressive to me.

They are winning with little to no game changers. Seems like system winning to me.

Average NFL RBs, Average NFL WRs, No guys with 10+ sacks on D. No huge amount of turnovers forced. No ball Hawks. No guys with 100+ tackles. Just a incredibly average team that wins with great coaching.

NE Wideouts been trash since Randy Moss. Whole team is just a system and testament to Belichick and Brady.

Last edited:
Brady is like Cal Ripken. Never a great player, but consistently really good for a really long time.

Advertisement
Greatest career? I lean more towards Xavi (Spain/Barca) or Sergio Ramos (Spain/Real) (maybe Ronaldo and Messi to a extent)....but Xavi and Sergio in a span of about 6 years won every major competition there is (across multiple continents) and both DOMINATED the globe when they did.
He’s talking about team sports.

Not hobby’s of 8 year old girls.

Started in 84 won in 91 his 1st win was into his 7th year when the best players were old or gone, I stand corrected. Magic and Bird had each won 3 MVP's in that time while Jordan was playing. Keep reading... Fast forward to 8:30 for your viewing enjoyment. Bird doing it over Jordan and Pippen for the win in Jordans house. LMAO
that’s so weak lol. Nash had two mvps before Lebron won his first...duncan had won multiple mvps before Lebron won his first. I guess Lebron only started dominating when guys like Shaq, Nash, duncan, KG got old.....something tells me they left Out clips of 22 year old Jordan scoring 63 on the 86 Celtics and bird at the garden coming off foot injury that kept him out basically the entire year ? Bird and magic were in their primes I’m beyond stacked teams and Jordan was 21-24 on a trash Chicago team when they “dominated him” bird and magic got old real quick when prime Jordan emerged 88-93 😂😂😂😂 They were like **** this I’m out

Advertisement
Greatest career? I lean more towards Xavi (Spain/Barca) or Sergio Ramos (Spain/Real) (maybe Ronaldo and Messi to a extent)....but Xavi and Sergio in a span of about 6 years won every major competition there is (across multiple continents) and both DOMINATED the globe when they did.
That’s a joke right ? No salary cap in soccer so they’re both on teams that can spend (and have always done so) their way to success. AND they weren’t even the best players on either of their teams lol

Puh lease. His crybaby candy *** wouldn't have survived in the days of Montana, Theisman, Marino and Elway. QBs are so babied, coddled and protected these days NONE if them can legitimately be claimed as such. Brady gets sneezed on and he's crying to the refs. Now imagine guys like Singletary, LT, Reggie White, Seth Joyner, Charles Haley, Gastoneau, Klecko and the like teeing off on him. He would've ran home crying. No way he can rated the best when he's not even playing the same game.
And I bet those QB’s you mentioned would have been nothing back in the 60’s when the game was even tougher....oh and those 60’s QB’s would have been nothing back in the 40’s when the game was even tougher......you get the point I think

And I bet those QB’s you mentioned would have been nothing back in the 60’s when the game was even tougher....oh and those 60’s QB’s would have been nothing back in the 40’s when the game was even tougher......you get the point I think

Football has been on a downward spiral ever since leather helmets were replaced.

Advertisement
Back