Interesting comments from Vereen

At this point, if you're trying to discredit Brady you just look stupid. Nothing more, nothing less. Just plain old fashioned stupid.

I can't stand the guy. I hate his smug coach. I hate their offensive philosophy. I hate the way they manipulate the rules to the point the NFL changes then only to comeback with more grey area.

That said, he has won a Super Bowl in a situation the disproves every single point his detractors try and make.

"Can't win without Randy Moss." Enter a bunch of former QBs and mediocre college slot receivers.

"Needs an elite defense." Enter 2018 JAG-off squad.

"Needs a top flight RB." Such as, who, Blount, White and Whitehead?

It's ridiculous. He's the GOAT. Deal with it. I **** near had to go to therapy, but I did.

Advertisement
Brady is like Cal Ripken. Never a great player, but consistently really good for a really long time.
I felt that same way for many of early seasons but eventually have to say that level of consistency = elite. None of the other QBS who may have been more telented,
That’s a joke right ? No salary cap in soccer so they’re both on teams that can spend (and have always done so) their way to success. AND they weren’t even the best players on either of their teams lol
No teams in the world cup have a salary cap - even playing field...... Best 11 from each country. Xavi was the best midfield on Spain, Barca and in the world during those runs and Ramos was the best RB and then CB in the world.

Id love to hear your take on who was the best player on those spain squads because Xavi orchestrated everything and it all revolved around him. Ill agree he wasnt the flashiest or fanciest but he held it down a la Zidane.

Apologies to all for bringing soccer to the board.

For the first 8 years he got his *** handed to him by better players. Had to to wait till the best players retired before he won anything. Saw almost every big game in the Boston Garden in the 80's when the game was on the line in the forth quarter the better players took him over. One of the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen, it would be nothing for him to take 40 to 45 shots or more not including free throws. I'd take Magic in a draft over him every single time when both of them were peaking. I hate to say it but I'd take Magic over my team and Bird, he could control a game like only a few can do like Wilt. Bird absolutely dominated Jordan when the game was on the line in the forth.

There's just so much bad in this post, I don't know where to start.

using a prime bird video over a rookie/second year jordan as evidence, just LOL

bird himself said he was God in tennis shoes, and he didn't call jordan that when jordan was in his 8th year.

name off jordan's teammates to me from 84 to like 88'ish and give me their career stats and shooting %

you saw him take 45 shots because he made over 50% of them, the motherf*cker should have shot 80 shots.

the guy took the us national team and beat the **** out of the all nba team BEFORE he was even in the nba

I can't believe what i'm even reading at this point, don't get your eyes check get them REMOVED

might wanna start that at the 38 minute mark and ask for forgiveness for God, there's still time left

I felt that same way for many of early seasons but eventually have to say that level of consistency = elite.
Exactly. Sustained consistency at an above average level. Had either of those two blown out a knee after 5 or 10 years, they would have been just another really good player, but nobody would call them GOAT.

These are the kind of people who break career records, not single season.

At this point, if you're trying to discredit Brady you just look stupid. Nothing more, nothing less. Just plain old fashioned stupid.

I can't stand the guy. I hate his smug coach. I hate their offensive philosophy. I hate the way they manipulate the rules to the point the NFL changes then only to comeback with more grey area.

That said, he has won a Super Bowl in a situation the disproves every single point his detractors try and make.

"Can't win without Randy Moss." Enter a bunch of former QBs and mediocre college slot receivers.

It's ridiculous. He's the GOAT. Deal with it. I **** near had to go to therapy, but I did.

The only thing that can discredit Brady is Belichick. Now, anyone who says Brady isn't clearly in the short list for greatest qb is stupid. His intangibles and results alone put him there. But he did enter a great situation and to his credit and his work ethic, has taken advantage and improved over his career.

But would he have won 5 SBs in another situation another team and without Belichick? 3? 1?? Now the same thing can be said about Belichick, would he have won 5 without Brady? Idk probably not, but he did almost take Matt Cassell to the playoffs. Guys like Elway, Marino and Manning would have been all-time greats anywhere they went, maybe Brady might still have been great, but I will never be able to completely mention him without Belichick just imo.

Edit: missed playoffs with cassell at 11-5

Last edited:
Advertisement
that’s so weak lol. Nash had two mvps before Lebron won his first...duncan had won multiple mvps before Lebron won his first. I guess Lebron only started dominating when guys like Shaq, Nash, duncan, KG got old.....something tells me they left Out clips of 22 year old Jordan scoring 63 on the 86 Celtics and bird at the garden coming off foot injury that kept him out basically the entire year ? Bird and magic were in their primes I’m beyond stacked teams and Jordan was 21-24 on a trash Chicago team when they “dominated him” bird and magic got old real quick when prime Jordan emerged 88-93 😂😂😂😂 They were like **** this I’m out
I was at that game Jordan got 63, he took 62 total shots including 21 foul shots in a double over time game. Now how many points do you think Bird would have had if he took 62 total shots? 70+++? In 86-87 Jordan was also in his prime won the scoring title, still wasn't MVP Bird was. You brought up MVP's just wanted to use that against you too. You young people are dopes.

We use to chant over rated every time Jordan was in the garden. I think Boston beat Chicago 17 times in a row. Jordan was a joke in Boston, Magic and the Doc were the ones that brought the best games. So many great players back then Jordan couldn't fill those big shoes that Nike created.. LMAO

I was at that game Jordan got 63, he took 62 total shots including 21 foul shots in a double over time game. Now how many points do you think Bird would have had if he took 62 total shots? 70+++? In 86-87 Jordan was also in his prime won the scoring title, still wasn't MVP Bird was. You brought up MVP's just wanted to use that against you too. You young people are dopes.

We use to chant over rated every time Jordan was in the garden. I think Boston beat Chicago 17 times in a row. Jordan was a joke in Boston, Magic and the Doc were the ones that brought the best games. So many great players back then Jordan couldn't fill those big shoes that Nike created.. LMAO
Is that Candace Owens in your thumbnail?

bird himself said he was God in tennis shoes, and he didn't call jordan that when jordan was in his 8th year.

name off jordan's teammates to me from 84 to like 88'ish and give me their career stats and shooting %

you saw him take 45 shots because he made over 50% of them, the motherf*cker should have shot 80 shots.

the guy took the us national team and beat the **** out of the all nba team BEFORE he was even in the nba

I can't believe what i'm even reading at this point, don't get your eyes check get them REMOVED

might wanna start that at the 38 minute mark and ask for forgiveness for God, there's still time left

Hmm didn't see Jordan beating Bird or Magic in all of that corp BS video, did you? LMAO Show me where Jordan beat Bird in the playoffs? You can't because it didn't happen Bird swept him in the playoffs. That video was not just Jordans first two years. Bird dominated him until he hurt his back. In fact I don't think Jodan ever beat Bird in the playoffs.

Bird built Jordan and others up all the time before he destroyed them in the forth. Magic was the only one he feared, I've seen Magic dominate, what an electric game he brought with him. I thank God I was one of those people who got to see him play. Those Sunday games in the Garden were waited for all year long. Jordan was **** compared to Magic.

When Jordan tried to guard Bird it was a joke, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard when that happened. Jordan had nice sneakers though. LMFAO

Advertisement
And I bet those QB’s you mentioned would have been nothing back in the 60’s when the game was even tougher....oh and those 60’s QB’s would have been nothing back in the 40’s when the game was even tougher......you get the point I think

And how would the old timers have fared if they had to play against integrated teams?

Hmm didn't see Jordan beating Bird or Magic in all of that corp BS video, did you? LMAO Show me where Jordan beat Bird in the playoffs? You can't because it didn't happen Bird swept him in the playoffs. That video was not just Jordans first two years. Bird dominated him until he hurt his back. In fact I don't think Jodan ever beat Bird in the playoffs.

Bird built Jordan and others up all the time before he destroyed them in the forth. Magic was the only one he feared, I've seen Magic dominate, what an electric game he brought with him. I thank God I was one of those people who got to see him play. Those Sunday games in the Garden were waited for all year long. Jordan was **** compared to Magic.

When Jordan tried to guard Bird it was a joke, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard when that happened. Jordan had nice sneakers though. LMFAO
Lebron never beat Dirk in the playoffs
The only thing that can discredit Brady is Belichick. Now, anyone who says Brady isn't clearly in the short list for greatest qb is stupid. His intangibles and results alone put him there. But he did enter a great situation and to his credit and his work ethic, has taken advantage and improved over his career.

But would he have won 5 SBs in another situation another team and without Belichick? 3? 1?? Now the same thing can be said about Belichick, would he have won 5 without Brady? Idk probably not, but he did take Matt Cassell to the playoffs one time. Guys like Elway, Marino and Manning would have been all-time greats anywhere they went, maybe Brady might still have been great, but I will never be able to completely mention him without Belichick just imo.
belichick never made the playoffs with Cassell

Advertisement

Jordan averaged 44 points on 50+% shooting in that series.....man the Celtics really had him in check 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. Birds teammates when they played in the playoffs : Dennis Johnson, Robert Parish, Kevin Mchale..... Jordan teammates: Orlando woolridge, Dave korzine, Kyle Macy

I felt that same way for many of early seasons but eventually have to say that level of consistency = elite. None of the other QBS who may have been more telented,

No teams in the world cup have a salary cap - even playing field...... Best 11 from each country. Xavi was the best midfield on Spain, Barca and in the world during those runs and Ramos was the best RB and then CB in the world.

Id love to hear your take on who was the best player on those spain squads because Xavi orchestrated everything and it all revolved around him. Ill agree he wasnt the flashiest or fanciest but he held it down a la Zidane.

Apologies to all for bringing soccer to the board.
At the 2010 WC and the 2012 euros Iniesta was the best player for Spain....iniesta does everything xavi does but higher up the pitch where there is less space

Advertisement
But pretty meaningless in our country for now.
You and I care "nil" about soccer, however, it's gaining popularity in the US especially in large metro cities with the recent immigrants. When I grew up there wasn't soccer anywhere but things started changing about two to three decades ago. IMO it's boring, but baseball puts me to sleep sometimes.
This is my interest priority 1. football 2. tennis 3. basketball. 4. baseball 5. hockey … Oh and somewhere in there girl watching.

Cheaters always win, Winners always cheat... oh wait?

This was my point last page.

He doing this **** with average players.

Advertisement
Back