In other news.....

Still havent answered. Deflecting lol what your doing is a lawyers ploy. I never said this I never said that. You want to push the dirt but not get your hands dirty. Your saying there should be no consequences for college athletes (KIDS) for smoking weed, but not advocating for them to actually do it as if that isnt going to be the direct outcome.

I asked the CBD and schedule 1 question for a reason.

CBD and Marijuana have very similar benefits, the difference is the psychoactive portion of weed. This is why I love the introduction of CBD. It destroys all the weed head arguements. "I smoke weed bc it helps my pain/anxiety/w.e.". No ***** u smoke weed to get high.

Finally its a schedule 1 drug bc it can not be categorized as a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic. It effects different people in very different ways, which is extremely dangerous.
No.... marijuana "high" is because it attaches to pain (and other) receptors, alleviating said ailment; unlike CBD. I hope you never experience true pain, anxiety, insomnia, etc etc etc....but if you did and used marijuana, you would understand you need it to attach to the receptors to provide relief. That relief is provided at a FAR more safe and non-addictive way....contrary to opiates, benzodiazepines, sleeping pills, etc etc etc.
Which is the exact hypocrisy of it being a schedule 1 drug. Alcohol and tobacco are LITERALLY the definition of schedule 1, yet they're on every corner store in America.

Advertisement
I know several people who smoke weekly and several who smoke daily. Other than the monetary expense, there is zero effect on their lives. They are gainfully employed and productive at their jobs. I have zero observational evidence of a life "ruined" by weed. Zero.
Only thing it ruined is the F ing Blunt I just tore not seconds ago....

Been smoking since 75....Never made me Lazy....Never hurt ANY employment I have had in my life....And certainly hasn't affected me one iota in ref to my Financial situation...

Still havent answered. Deflecting lol what your doing is a lawyers ploy. I never said this I never said that. You want to push the dirt but not get your hands dirty. Your saying there should be no consequences for college athletes (KIDS) for smoking weed, but not advocating for them to actually do it as if that isnt going to be the direct outcome.

I asked the CBD and schedule 1 question for a reason.

CBD and Marijuana have very similar benefits, the difference is the psychoactive portion of weed. This is why I love the introduction of CBD. It destroys all the weed head arguements. "I smoke weed bc it helps my pain/anxiety/w.e.". No ***** u smoke weed to get high.

Finally its a schedule 1 drug bc it can not be categorized as a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic. It effects different people in very different ways, which is extremely dangerous.
Ok, since you insist, I'll play....

First, it appears you glazed over the part of my response where I said this wasn't a discussion of marijuana vs sobriety. Just like I am very pro vaping, but not in terms of "I think vaping is 100% safe and wonderful and everyone should do it!". **** no! I hope people choose never to consume nicotine in ANY form as long as they live. It does nothing good for you and it harms you. Period. But if they ARE a nicotine user, yes, vaping is a much better option than cigarettes, and it's not even remotely close. Trying to argue against that last statement by comparing vaping to not smoking anything is irrelevant and disingenuous. And that's what you're doing here.

I agree with your points re sobriety, Joe. I'm happy to answer this seminole question of yours. What is the point of allowing a student athlete to smoke marijuana? Well, first of all, when you use the term "allow" then by definition you must only be talking about a student athlete that is 21 years of age and goes to school in a legalized state. Otherwise, it wouldn't be "allowed" anymore than an underage student athlete is "allowed" to drink alcohol. The question Frost proposed is why is the student athlete who chose to take a pull off a legalized joint getting hammered by the NCAA so much more than the student athlete who elected to have a ****tail instead? I'm not at all arguing there should be no consequences, as you falsely stated above. The question being asked is why are the consequences so vastly different.

But what is the point of a student athlete smoking marijuana (meaning, how is it a net-positive)? For the vast majority of them, it isn't. It's simply what they choose as their form of recreational intoxication. If you want to have a separate discussion as to why a college athlete doing no form of intoxicant (marijuana, alcohol, other drugs, anything) is better than them getting buzzed on whatever, I would happily engage with you on that and likely agree with you. But again, that wasn't the discussion here.

You keep referencing CBD. I happen to be a big proponent of CBD as well; in fact, my brother runs his own CBD company. Yes, CBD allows one to get most of the medicinal benefits of cannabis without the intoxicating effects. This is why I personally think it's so fantastic. But what is the relevance of that to this discussion? I don't think anyone here (and definitely not Scott Frost) was trying to make an impassioned plea for the medicinal benefits of the cannabis plant. The entire point is that it doesn't make sense to penalize a student athlete for electing to get a buzz on marijuana in a legalized state vastly more than they penalize a student athlete who elects to get a buzz on vodka instead.

And lastly, that's actually NOT the basis for Schedule 1 classification. That criteria is (1) no currently accepted medical benefit and (2) high potential for abuse. Have you ever actually taken a look at the DEA's list of Schedule 1 narcotics?

Heroin (diacetylmorphine)
LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide)
Marijuana (cannabis, THC)
Mescaline (Peyote)
MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine or “ecstasy”)
GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyric acid) - except formulations in an FDA-approved drug product sodium oxybate (Xyrem) are Schedule III
Ecstasy (MDMA or 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine)
Psilocybin
Synthetic marijuana and analogs (Spice, K2)
Methaqualone (Quaalude)
Khat (Cathinone)
Bath Salts (3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone or MDPV)

Hmmmmm. One of these is not like the others. But even that is not the discussion here.

Last edited:
No.... marijuana "high" is because it attaches to pain (and other) receptors, alleviating said ailment; unlike CBD. I hope you never experience true pain, anxiety, insomnia, etc etc etc....but if you did and used marijuana, you would understand you need it to attach to the receptors to provide relief. That relief is provided at a FAR more safe and non-addictive way....contrary to opiates, benzodiazepines, sleeping pills, etc etc etc.
Which is the exact hypocrisy of it being a schedule 1 drug. Alcohol and tobacco are LITERALLY the definition of schedule 1, yet they're on every corner store in America.
I experienced true pain for 3 years with a severe back injury until I got my spine fused. I know what pain is lets not play that card.

As for relieving pain i work with 2 older people that have chronic pain due to arthritis and both say that CBD does the trick. Besides the several research articles that support their opinion.

We can do this all day but lets be real, most people just want to get high.

None of you ever talk about the marijuana links to schizophrenia other mental health issues. And lets not even start with Marijuana and how it effects someone with CTE.

Advertisement
I experienced true pain for 3 years with a severe back injury until I got my spine fused. I know what pain is lets not play that card.

As for relieving pain i work with 2 older people that have chronic pain due to arthritis and both say that CBD does the trick. Besides the several research articles that support their opinion.

None of you ever talk about the marijuana links to schizophrenia other mental health issues. And lets not even start with Marijuana and how it effects someone with CTE.
CBD can slightly help inflammation, that's it. For true relief, the receptors have to be hit and that's a fact Jack.

Wait...did you say schizophrenia and CTE?!........ LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I experienced true pain for 3 years with a severe back injury untiI l I got my spine fused. I know what pain is lets not play that card.

I AM talking about people smoking marijuana to get buzzed, Joe. That's the entire discussion here! Pushing this in the direction of medicinal benefits of CBD vs intoxication with THC is an absolute red herring. We're talking about two student athletes, both who elect to get intoxicated on a Friday night. One chooses beer, gets hammered and gets caught and charged with possession of alcohol by an underaged. The second kid chooses to smoke a joint instead, also gets caught, and gets charged with possession of marijuana by an underaged. The sole question here is why is the second kid getting way more hammered by the NCAA than the first? I still haven't seen you put forth an answer that justifies that in any way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well it depends if you’re under the impression that weed smoke will give you cancer or not....

Smoke in your lungs is smoke in your lungs. It doesn't matter where it comes from. If you believe that cigarettes cause cancer, and second hand smoke is dangerous then that same thinking needs to ally to weed.

Smoke in your lungs is smoke in your lungs. It doesn't matter where it comes from. If you believe that cigarettes cause cancer, and second hand smoke is dangerous then that same thinking needs to ally to weed.
Been Smoking since 1975 (No Cigarettes)
I'm 59...Look 40...with Perfect Lungs..and excellent health....Lucky me I guess...

Advertisement
Puff puff pass, fool....
This Sh*t here had CaneInOrlando mumbling to himself...
20200210_112401.jpg

Advertisement
Back