In other news.....

That's its a drastic stereotypical overstatement that "a lot" of marijuana smokers are couch hermits & that drinkers are out-going. Weed doesn't make you a lazy couch hermit, some people who are already like that just so happen to smoke weed because it eases their mind from thinking about everything they're not doing, but it's not a causation.

I'm not sure what the correlation is to football in either scenario but as it relates to football (or in any aspect in life) alcohol is 10,000% worse than weed & it's not even close.

I'm not against either one, don't care who smokes or drinks, but anyone trying to make an argument that alcohol is somehow better for football players is ridiculous.

Alcohol (when abused) from a health standpoint is almost as dangerous as opiates in terms of impairment, decision making, addiction & the possibility of fatality.

You can not like weed for a number of reasons, but alcohol isn't the counterpoint as an alternative for weed lol.

It was tongue in cheek really, but the continuously growing notion that smoking weed is better for a person than than drinking, is arguable.

Can’t tell you how many successful people I know eventually cut weed out and kept drinking (not heavily, obviously) occasionally enough.

Weed doesn’t affect everyone in that way, but a whole lot of them shut down, get antisocial, paranoid, lazy and adore the couch. It’s just a common reaction to the drug.

The black and white argument is annoying, it’s situational and person to person, and depends how much the person drinks-smokes

Last edited:
Advertisement
The constant chase of creating new problems. People need to realize that passing policies like paying players, allowing players to use Marijuana, or w.e. else you can think of doesn't fix problems, it just creates new ones. EVERY POLICY BECOMES PERVERSE!!!! Whether its the welfare queen in the inner city with 6 gits milking the tax payer and the welfare state, or its Bazos making Billions and paying 0% tax. Its not about being a humanitarian, being socially conscience, being progressive, being a visionary, etc, its about agendas. Its about winning and gaining power and many people have become very good at using the emotions of the uninformed to gain that advantage. Peep game boys and girls.
What in the world does that have to do with the insanity that is marijuana prohibition?

Last edited:
College needs to keep its integrity on this. When you’re an adult and get to the league then you can do whatever but let them have some discipline. This would be bad . Just my opinion.
I don't mean this in a combative way, but I think you missed the angle he was going with this. Even in legal states, you have to be 21 to buy and consume marijuana (if not issued for medical purposes). As we know, most college kids are not 21. So he isnt advocating for it to just be open season with CFB and marijuana. Hes advocating for it to be handled the same way alcohol is by the NCAA instead of how performance enhancing drugs and hard core narcotics are. Meaning, if a player gets popped smoking legal weed, he shouldnt get in anymore trouble than a player getting popped for alcohol. I agree 100%. All sports need to do this. The idea that marijuana is performance enhancing is laughable. If anything, it's the opposite.

Last edited:
Everything! What is the point of allowing young athlete's to smoke marijuana?
Are you ok with young athletes drinking alcohol? What is the point of that? Same logic applies. For most college kids they would have to break the law to consume either alcohol or legal marijuana (age for both is 21). But if they do (and we all know they do) the discipline they face as a result should be similar and rationally grounded. Should a kid face NCAA sanctions because he had beers at a keg party? I sure dont think so. Then he shouldnt for puffing a joint at said keg party if in a legalized state either. And like with alcohol, if the team believes the player has a substance abuse problem, then you get him help.

The crux of this is really about ending the utter insanity of marijuana being classified as a schedule 1 drug and the absurd outcomes that brings.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's its a drastic stereotypical overstatement that "a lot" of marijuana smokers are couch hermits & that drinkers are out-going. Weed doesn't make you a lazy couch hermit, some people who are already like that just so happen to smoke weed because it eases their mind from thinking about everything they're not doing, but it's not a causation.

I'm not sure what the correlation is to football in either scenario but as it relates to football (or in any aspect in life) alcohol is 10,000% worse than weed & it's not even close.

I'm not against either one, don't care who smokes or drinks, but anyone trying to make an argument that alcohol is somehow better for football players is ridiculous.

Alcohol (when abused) from a health standpoint is almost as dangerous as opiates in terms of impairment, decision making, addiction & the possibility of fatality.

You can not like weed for a number of reasons, but alcohol isn't the counterpoint as an alternative for weed lol.
Preach, El!!! Spot on.

It was tongue in cheek really, but the continuously growing notion that smoking weed is better for a person than than drinking, is arguable.

Can’t tell you how many successful people I know eventually cut weed out and kept drinking (not heavily, obviously) occasionally enough.

Weed doesn’t effect everyone in that was, but a whole lot of them shut down, get antisocial, paranoid, lazy and adore the couch. It’s just a common reaction to the drug.

The black and white argument is annoying, it’s situational and person to person, and depends how much the person drinks-smokes
Theres a lot of truth to that, 88. Trying to paint it as a black and white situation either way is disingenuous. Well said. But in order to make your analysis above hold water, if you're going to mix in all the couch potato stoners with those who smoke and arent apathetic losers, then you also need to factor in all the alcoholics with those who continue drinking but "not heavily" and only "occasionally". Alcohol ruins a LOT of lives, brother. IMO it ruins exponentially more lives in our society than marijuana does. I've watched alcohol absolutely ravish the lives of more people in my own personal sphere then I would ever wish was true. Several of those people never smoked weed. I've yet to personally know a single person who fvcked their life up off marijuana alone.

Last edited:
Are you ok with young athletes drinking alcohol? What is the point of that? Same logic applies. For most college kids they would have to break the law to consume either alcohol or legal marijuana (age for both is 21). But if they do (and we all know they do) the discipline they face as a result should be similar and rationally grounded. Should a kid face NCAA sanctions because he had beers at a keg party? I sure dont think so. Then he shouldnt for puffing a joint at said keg party if in a legalized state either. And like with alcohol, if the team believes the player has a substance abuse problem, then you get him help.

The crux of this is really about ending the utter insanity of marijuana being classified as a schedule 1 drug and the ridiculous outcomes it brings.
You never answered my question. What is the point of allowing young athletes to smoke weed?

And no I would prefer kids not drink while in college, I believe that would solve alot of problems on campus, but that cat is already out of the bag. But ppl like you, with self-interest, want to push the idea that weed is harmless and leave it in the hands of children. That FACT is that it is very harmful to the developing mind.

Also do you know the reason why it is a schedule 1 drug? And do not state the myth that its because of race.

Btw what is difference in benefit between CBD and Marijuana?

Theres a lot of truth to that, 88. Well said. But in order to make that analysis hold water, if you're going to mix in all the couch potato stoners with those who smoke and arent apathetic losers, then you also need to factor in all the alcoholics with those who continue drinking but "not heavily" and only "occasionally". Alcohol ruins a LOT of lives, brother. IMO it ruins exponentially more lives in our society than marijuana does.
Because of accessibility smh. Brother you have all the same old stale talking points.

Advertisement
If it gets ratified for the nfl then maybe that means changes could be on the way for college. Imo weed ain’t what it’s hyped up to be regardless 🤷🏾‍♂️
Agree about the NFL needing to approve it before we see it on the college level but highly disagree on weed not being what it's hyped up to be lol

Theres a lot of truth to that, 88. Trying to paint it as a black and white situation either way is disingenuous. Well said. But in order to make your analysis above hold water, if you're going to mix in all the couch potato stoners with those who smoke and arent apathetic losers, then you also need to factor in all the alcoholics with those who continue drinking but "not heavily" and only "occasionally". Alcohol ruins a LOT of lives, brother. IMO it ruins exponentially more lives in our society than marijuana does. I've watched alcohol absolutely ravish the lives of more people in my own personal sphere then I would ever wish was true. Several of those people never smoked weed.

Agree with all of this. When in extreme, alcohol is the **** devil.

Just against the black and white argument.

People almost glorifying weed in the legalization argument just because alcohol is worse in extreme. Weed isn't exactly a wonder drug for a developing person... unless you play pysch-guitar for a living, or can really handle it well to where it doesn't affect drive or perception and drives creativity.

You never answered my question. What is the point of allowing young athletes to smoke weed?

And no I would prefer kids not drink while in college, I believe that would solve alot of problems on campus, but that cat is already out of the bag. But ppl like you, with self-interest, want to push the idea that weed is harmless and leave it in the hands of children. That FACT is that it is very harmful to the developing mind.

Also do you know the reason why it is a schedule 1 drug? And do not state the myth that its because of race.

Btw what is difference in benefit between CBD and Marijuana?
Please go back and show me where I said weed is harmless and that I want it in the hands of children. I'll wait.

I don't speak off talking points, bud. I speak from lived experience. The conversation here was the treatment of marijuana by the NCAA vs how the organization handles alcohol, not marijuana vs no intoxicants at all. That is an entirely different discussion, and one I'd be much more inclined to agree with you on. What you're doing here is the same type of deflection that anti-vaping people use when they compare vaping to nothing instead of comparing vaping to cigarettes. Yes, college athletes would be best off using neither alcohol nor marijuana and staying sober. I agree with you on that 100%. But the vast difference in punishments between alcohol and marijuana in legalized states by the NCAA is indefensible. Period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it’s arguable.

A lot of people are apathetic hermits in love with the couch on weed.

At least drinking you want to get out, see the world and get some puzzy

This isn't even close to true, and CLEARLY you've never been around any alcoholics. Or, you just think the only alcoholics in the world are the lushes you see at the clubs/bars

I know several people who smoke weekly and several who smoke daily. Other than the monetary expense, there is zero effect on their lives. They are gainfully employed and productive at their jobs. I have zero observational evidence of a life "ruined" by weed. Zero.

Advertisement
I know several people who smoke weekly and several who smoke daily. Other than the monetary expense, there is zero effect on their lives. They are gainfully employed and productive at their jobs. I have zero observational evidence of a life "ruined" by weed. Zero.

They're out there, but the weed isn't to blame. Had it not been weed, it would've been pain killers, or alcohol, or gambling, etc. Some people just find ways to ruin their lives, not always through any fault of their own. Mental disorders, depression, etc.

It's why mental health is so important and the stigma on it needs to continue to be taken down

Some of the smartest and most successful people I know smoke weed regularly.

Some of the smartest and most successful people I know smoke weed regularly.
Literally, the three most successful people I know in life (professionally/monetarily, though I also admire all three for what good people and family men they are) smoke weed almost every night. Not coincidentally, none of them drink. Two did, it started becoming a negative, and and they quit years ago. The third never drank other than trying a beer here and there as a youth.

The key to most everything in life is moderation. Too much of even a good thing will usually turn into a bad thing. But again, the discussion here isn't "Marijuana: Good or Bad?"... the discussion here is should the NCAA treat a student athlete smoking marijuana in a legalized state differently from how they treat a student athlete drinking alcohol? And I've yet to see a single reason put forth for "yes" to that question that holds even a drop of water.

Please go back and show me where I said weed is harmless and that I want it in the hands of children. I'll wait.

I don't speak off talking points, bud. I speak from lived experience. The conversation here was the treatment of marijuana by the NCAA vs how the organization handles alcohol, not marijuana vs no intoxicants at all. That is an entirely different discussion, and one I'd be much more inclined to agree with you on. What you're doing here is the same type of deflection that anti-vaping people use when they compare vaping to nothing instead of comparing vaping to cigarettes. Yes, college athletes would be best off using neither alcohol nor marijuana and staying sober. But the vast difference in punishments between alcohol and marijuana in legalized states by the NCAA is indefensible. Period.
Still havent answered. Deflecting lol what your doing is a lawyers ploy. I never said this I never said that. You want to push the dirt but not get your hands dirty. Your saying there should be no consequences for college athletes (KIDS) for smoking weed, but not advocating for them to actually do it as if that isnt going to be the direct outcome.

I asked the CBD and schedule 1 question for a reason.

CBD and Marijuana have very similar benefits, the difference is the psychoactive portion of weed. This is why I love the introduction of CBD. It destroys all the weed head arguements. "I smoke weed bc it helps my pain/anxiety/w.e.". No ***** u smoke weed to get high.

Finally its a schedule 1 drug bc it can not be categorized as a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic. It effects different people in very different ways, which is extremely dangerous.

Advertisement
Back